It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old movies you need found....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
OK - Now I need some help. Here's a super vague description of pretty much the only seen I remember (This has to be an 80's movie) :

I believe it takes place in space (might not though) or a planet other than Earth. There is a main villain who I think feeds off of women. I think he has some sort of tentacle thing that wraps around the woman's body or neck and he sucks the life out of her.

The scene I remember shows a couple of henchmen presenting the woman to the head bad guy and either her neck is broken or she is unconscious but either way the hench men are holding here in an upright position and her head is floppy...

OK I lied - there is one more that scared the living crap out of me when I was about 4 (1985ish era). There was a creature that goes into a couple or a woman's house. It's pretty violent, and tackles the woman, then puts it's arm/ hand over her mouth and I'm pretty sure it sucks the life out of her.

Good luck! I'm still searching myself!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
That definitely sounds about right when I read the information.

I'm gonna check it out.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hey, It's mlp187 under my new username, I messed up my account by posting my avatar in the wrong field and damaging the code on my account . So I'm posting in here to subscribe to the thread in the event someone answers my movie request since my old one will be banned. :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
well, i've been looking around and found a site which may help people looking for sci fi movies.
It has pics of the covers which may help you find what you need.

Here is the link.

will look for anything else for everyone. Hope that link helps a little.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I got one for ya. I don't remember much but it was a fanasty movie I THINK. and it had these 'bat-like' demons that would wrap their victims in their wings and dissolve them for lack of a better word. they were human size-maybe a little bigger'-and were black for the most part. thats all I have - wait probably early or mid 80's movie. sorry not much to go off of.

good luck finding it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

Could it be the Omega Man? There is a scene where Charlton Heston is on a motorcycle in an old stadium being perused by the infected. They had machine guns I think.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have a movie that I would like identified. It was a foreign language film, horror, in Italian (i think, could have been Spanish). I didn't get to see all of it, because the video tape was messed up. What I can remember: In the beginning of the movie, there was some sort of creature that was inside a panther, and the panther was captured and wound up in a traveling circus. The panther dies, looks like the creature tore its way out, and then the woman winds up with the thing inside her, and it talks to her, gets her to kill her abusive husband, or boyfriend, and then the movie quit. I had rented it from Blockbuster, and they didn't have any other copies of the movie, and I cannot remember the name. I saw this movie back in the early 90's, but I have no idea how old the movie might be, except that it was in color. I hope you can help.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have one that I've been looking for forever.

The basic plot (from what I remember) is that some group of scientists had been experimenting with something and succeeded in wiping out almost the whole human race (by accident). Anyway, there were scattered survivors and it turned out that they had lived only because they had died at the moment of "the effect". I definitely remember them calling it "the effect". So there were 3 people, one girl and two guys (bound to cause trouble), and one of the guys had previously worked for the company responsible for the accident.

They find out that "the effect" will happen again in a few days/weeks, and at the end of the movie one of the guys drives a freight truck into the science lab where the experiment machinery is located as the other guy and the girl are doing their bit to propogate the species.

Right at the end of the movie you see a flash of light that is presumably this effect that they are talking about just as the guy crashes into the building.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustykShade
I got one for ya. I don't remember much but it was a fanasty movie I THINK. and it had these 'bat-like' demons that would wrap their victims in their wings and dissolve them for lack of a better word. they were human size-maybe a little bigger'-and were black for the most part. thats all I have - wait probably early or mid 80's movie. sorry not much to go off of.

good luck finding it.

Easy! It's Beastmaster! Great movie!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelInterceptor

Sounds like The Quiet Earth, maybe. A relatively obscure 1985 New Zealand film. There's also a Wikipedia article about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Thank you! That is the film I was looking for!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RustykShade

As "Protosteller" said, I agree this sounds exactly like "Beastmaster". I've seen it like 30 times. It was by far my favorite movie as a kid. And Tanya Roberts is sooooo hot in it. Avoid the sequals though. They have nothing to do with the origional and really didn't need to be made at all. Cheers!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Well Well Well, You are correct! Thanks

I cant believe you found it!!!

~JDN24

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hello!

I definitely need help in identifying a movie (not ruling out a tv series, but most likely it was a movie).. I've been trying to find it for a looong time, and no one seems to know it. I think I was some 8 or 9 years old when I saw it, watching it alone at night.

Anyway.. it might be a horror movie, not sure, but it was scary-ish and definitely weird. What I remember from it:

The main character was male, I think he went to investigate something strange in a small town. He met with some woman there in the beginning of the movie, and there was a church. Some people didn't want him to stay there.
I'm pretty sure it had a scene where some woman did the spider walk thingy (like in the exorcist) first down the stairs, and when the main character tried to leave the town, driving away with his car, she chased after him like that (it was very creepy..).

At some point the man was in a a tunnel (not sure if he was running or driving at that point) with something else chasing after him, and he could see light at the end of the tunnel. Then he was on a bus.. and it was all blue in there. There was some weird people on the bus, and the man possibly talked with one of them.

I hope that's somewhat well described, english isn't my native language..
Well, I saw the movie on tv, around 1998 or so.. tho it's most likely older than that, and I live in Finland so that may not help.. Ya, I really hope someone can help me with this ^ ^

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Conill]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Great thread ,but what im looking for is a musical from either the thirties or forties called May time.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The best place to find movies you cant remember the name of is imdb.com

I have used that site for years when I dont know a movie or a show. I just go into the general forums and give descriptions of what I remember and its amazing what people know. Its like coming on here and asking about conspiracies, someone will always answer. I recently went on there asking about an X files episode and in a few hours 5 people responded with the episode and links to it. I also had a movie that i only knew one small scene from and a bunch of people knew what it was. You do have to be a member to post but it is free to join.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

I am looking for an old mid or late 80's movie. I seen it when I was a kid, and only one image has stuck with me all these years. I think it was the very ending, and I don't know if the movie takes place in space or under water, or on another planet or not, but there is one man left behind. He is in some kind of space suit or pressure suit, and there is either fire, lava, or some kind of red vortex all around him. Very vague details, but I think I was between 5 and 7 years old when I saw this. Thank you in advance.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread. I need to find a movie that's been bugging me for years and even with IMDB I still canny find it.

It was a comedy, set maybe in the 50s? There was this little blonde boy and a gang of bad men who came along and kidnapped him for money.
The boy wore a feather headdress had a tomahawk, (I think) and he drove them so crazy they wanted to give him back. (I think maybe the parents didn't want him back too, but not too sure).
Harry Dean Stanton comes to mind as one of the kidnappers but I've checked his movies and can't find that one there.

Ooh, this is just about sci-fi?
edit on 14-3-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

That sounds like "The Ransom of Red Chief."

There are three version from 1911, 1959 and 1998. Unfortunately, none of them have Harry Dean Stanton.
edit on 3/14/2012 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join