It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old movies you need found....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I recently started a thread called "I need help identifying an old horror movie". I poorly described the lost gem in question and 3 pages later, my friend Duzey, who I'm sure many of you know, gave me my answer. "Strange Invaders". I ordered it, got it and case closed.

But in the meantime, I invited other members to try and describe any lost gems they had, in the hopes that the thread could solve them. We got a few and solved a couple, (Duzey solved another....I sure hope Duzey checks into this thread. LOL), and one poster even solved their own search. (that was kind of funny, actually).

But the thread sort of just died. I'd hoped it would continue on with more lost classics and more solvers trying to find them. Kind of like a game, you know? Maybe it was the fact I stated "horror movie" in the threads' title. Or that I said "I" need help, rather than asking do "you" need help....? Maybe people only checked out the first page and couldn't identify what I was initialy asking for. Maybe they go to page 3 and see it solved and figure "case closed". I don't know but I can't believe that I'm the only one who needed a movie title in question, solved.

Whatever the reason, I think there is good cause for a thread like this. So I've started a new one here and I'm calling for your best recollections of lost gems you need identified. I'll help all I can and I'll check in often but I should tell you, I'm okay in 70's stuff, pretty good in 80's, and very good in 90's (along with everyone else, right?) Anyways, got any you need help finding?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This sounds like a fun idea!! I'll check in often to help or to ask!!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

Hi HERACAT. Thanks a lot for checking in and for the flag! You've already encouraged me that there is interest in a thread like this. Glad to have you on board. Be well.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Alright, I'm trying to help my pal Moocowman find a movie that's plagued him for years. Here are the links to his description of it. Please take a moment check them out. Any help is much appreciated. Cheers.

1st Post
2nd Post
3rd Post

And he added this...

the alien craft was more like a pod ut not an escape pod, I dont remember if the alien was accompanied by guards. The pod was quite small internally if I remember correctly to convey an appearence of high security.

The incident with the ground being ripped up took place near some sort of construction site.

As I said, any help would be much appreciated. This has stumped me for a couple weeks now. It's even stumped Duzey, who solved two of the others in short order. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Does nobody have a lost gem or two I could try and help you find? I thought this would be fun. Who doesn't have old movies they can't recall the name of? I can testify, it's great fun to watch them again. Just finished, "Strange Invaders", and I'm currently looking for a good box set of "Watership Down". Anyone know if they make it?

Anyways, please feel free to describe whatever lost gems you may have, as best you can on this thread. I've discovered it can be a lot of fun finding them. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ok i have one. The only thing i can remember about this film is one person standing in the middle of a stadium, while the whole stadium was filled with people with all types of weapons, these people were all aiming at him, and thats it - cant remember anything else...

Should be a challenge huh?

- No Idea When/Where i saw it
- No Idea who was in it
- Can't remember any other scene except for the one i mentioned...

Good Luck!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

Hi JDN24. Good to hear from you. Wow. That's not a lot to go on. I'll do my best but no promises. Thanks a lot for the challenge though. If you think of anything at all, it would really help. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ok, I have a really hard one for the community. I was a big sci-fi and horror buff as a kid in the late 60s early 70s and watched them every weekend, late nights, etc., when I could. I suspect it's a black and white movie, probably from the 50s or 60s and even my memories are vague, but here's what I remember.

I believe it was set in England. The landscape was often scrubbish with few trees, sort of like the Moors.
The creatures looked like huge, living pieces of driftwood and made really odd noises (huge as in bigger than a St. Bernard, but not as big as car).
Their habit was to drop onto humans and just sort of absorb them, whether from rooftops, trees, or anything overhead. How they got there is lost on my, I think they left some sort of slime trail as they moved.

It's stumped me for years. I hope somebody remembers this movie and can put a name to it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BayouMan

You may be thinking of The Day of the Triffids.

My father loved these B-movies, and I recall seeing this one several times over the years.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow, you may be right. In color, they don't look quite the same, but I bet if I see it in B&W, it will. I'll check it out. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Cheers, Maria_Stardust! I was hoping to hear back from BayouMan, whether "The Day of the Triffids" is right or not. Thank you very much for getting that one so quickly!

I love these bad old "B-movie" classics. I've never heard of this one. I doubt my local Blockbuster will stock it. So many bad flicks, so little time....Cheers.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm pretty sure that's the movie he's referring to. I remember being creeped out by those stupid triffids when I was young.

Here's the first few minutes of it for those interested.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I watched the whole movie online in fact. Like I said, I couldn't remember much about the movie, just how freaky it was. I was probably 8 or 9 at the time. Thanks for the help. It jogged my 40 something brain a bit!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDN24
Ok i have one. The only thing i can remember about this film is one person standing in the middle of a stadium, while the whole stadium was filled with people with all types of weapons, these people were all aiming at him, and thats it - cant remember anything else...

Should be a challenge huh?

- No Idea When/Where i saw it
- No Idea who was in it
- Can't remember any other scene except for the one i mentioned...

Good Luck!

Can you remeber if the stadium and weapons were of the 'present day' variety, or were they spears and rocks? Maybe they were plasma rifles?

I'm thinking of all sorts ...... gladiator style arenas (Galdiator, Star Wars Ep 2 - Attack Of The Clones), futuristic sports venues (Rollerball, Running Man).
The crowd having weapons is where I'm really struggling ........

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

Escape From LA?...Kurt Russell is trying to shoot hoops to save his life and there is a stadium full of armed spectators since Cuervo Jones put a basketball inside the LA Coliseum..Thats all I got man....

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Bluebird69 and cmd18B, thanks for the efforts on JDN24's lost classic. I never saw 'Escape From LA". I tried every keyword search I could think of and nothing. Even armed with the movie title I was unable to find a clip of the scene you've described, cmd18B. Anyone else have any luck?

Thanks for your efforts. I hope JDN24 checks in soon and lets us know if this is the one. So far I've been useless in this thread. But with the efforts of others, at least the thread itself hasn't proven useless. Cheers!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I remember watching a movie at least ten years ago or more about a kid who was a diver. He had a pool in his back yard and a large diving board, but I think he had an issue with heights. I can remember a scene when he was in the pool in the nighttime and the board broke on him.

I've always enjoyed watching diving competitions on television, so this movie must of struck a chord in me as a child. Could never find it since.

Vague description here, but anything come to mind for anyone? I'm thinking anywhere from an 89-93 release.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Is it called "Diving In" ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join