It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Subway Systems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Are the subway systems of the US at risk for terroists and their attacks? Ive read that Al Quieda are trying to master or use some types of cyanide gases, do they plan to use them to launch attacks on our subway systems as in Spain? Researching further I found that maps of the subway sytems of New York and Boston are readily available on the internet and wonder why Homeland Security has allowed these maps to be available for anyone's use.

www.mta.nyc.ny.us...

scv.bu.edu...

I know that subway maps may be easy to obtain but I would think that maybe security might be made a little tighter by not posting them on the net. And in the following link Ridge says that US transit systems are among the safest in the world, come on now Ive been in the New York and Boston systems and they both leave a lot to be desired, so where does Ridge get his data from?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I actually saw a news conference on CNN (i think) with Ridge, and he admitted that pub trans needs new security methods. He mentioned trying to develope a system that would be quicker then airports to try to find bombs/guns on Amtrack and the like. He didnt mention any details though.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Shoot, isn't everything at risk? possibly? I mean hell if they get a suitcase nuke in, it won't matter where they are, thats one hell of a blast radius

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
if they want to go for Amtrack (or the rail system in general), they've got an open door. they don't check anything that goes on those trains.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

if they want to go for Amtrack (or the rail system in general), they've got an open door. they don't check anything that goes on those trains.

agreed. The thing is, I dont know how much good metal detectors or anything else would do...If someone wants to blow something up or chem/bio attack something, there are always ways around security.

top topics

join