It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain dissing Letterman... Important?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I know it main seem silly, but what does McCain lying to Letterman and being caught on national tv mean? The Letterman audience is large and literally watched as John McCain was caught on camera lying to Letterman. Could be pointless, but I think it might stick around in the media.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I think it is pointless.

I mean, instead of going on a late night entertainment show hosted by a comedian, he instead went on an early evening quasi news show to be interviewed by the lowest rated prime time newsbroadcaster.

McCain should not have lied to Letterman, telling him he couldn't do his show because he was going to DC when he was really going to do an interview for the CBS Evening News.

He could/should have done either:

1. Told Letterman that he couldn't do his show due to needing to do an interview with CBS News to discuss the financial crisis in DC, after which he was leaving to fly up to DC
2. Told Letterman that he couldn't do his show due to needing to get to DC, and then doing the CBS News interview via sattellite from DC when he got there.

Why must these people not think these things through properly. Whole mess could have been avoided if either of the above scenarios had been played out.

Gotta love our politicians.....and we just keep electing them.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am starting to think that TPTB want Obama as president.
McCain and Palin are fumbling big time .Did you see Palin talking about Alaska being so close to Russia again ...she sounded so silly ...I couldnt keep from snickering at her remarks ..She said what she meant was that she could keep a really close eye on Russia and that she would be right there in case of an attack or something ..I was thinking ...ANY SENATOR or GOVERNOR would be right there to do the same ...what does where she live have anything to do with Russia anyway ?She will be in DC most of her time if she does get in ...
This whole election is so weird I dont know what to think ...it reminds me of the 2000 elections between Gore and Bush ..I thought that whole fiasco was so set up ...Gore was so HAPPY at his party when he did not win ..I was like yeah see it was a set up and he even knew he wasnt going to win ..and seemed really happy that he didnt ..Was strange after all the chads and Supreme Court ordeal.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Please add any thoughts to existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join