It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's message of preventing the bailout - successful?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
WASHINGTON - Urgent efforts to lash together a $700 billion rescue plan for the national economy broke apart Thursday night, hours after key lawmakers had declared they had reached a deal.
ADVERTISEMENT

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke sped to Capitol Hill to try to revive or rework the proposal that the administration says must be quickly approved by Congress to stave off economic disaster.

Congressional leaders were to meet with the economic chiefs into the night.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080925/ap_on_bi_ge/financial_meltdown;_ylt=Ausp54Iq.Jn79nDmtwNY.Wqs0NUE
This is my first time posting.. and I regularly check yahoo for news and just happened to run across this. I am highly against this bailout and was thrilled to see it crumbled... I am still worried about the 'reworkings' but I see this as a necessary victory. I hope the American people/Congress are waking up. I appreciate (mostly) everyone's posts on ATS and am happy and hope that I have contributed in some way.

seize

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Nice work! Starred and flagged.

Been hearing it was going to be passed swiftly all day on CNN and now this! Im sure RP had something to o with it. Maybe some politicians are starting to wake up.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
We didn't need Ron Paul to tell us this is a bad idea. All he was doing was stating the obvious.

The prevention of the bailout (temporarily) was due to ordinary people contacting their representatives and letting them know how they feel.

Ron Paul had nothing to do with it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ron,Dennis and every mothers child that called and wrote their representatives. We give them the truth,they just think it's hell!!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
We didn't need Ron Paul to tell us this is a bad idea. All he was doing was stating the obvious.

The prevention of the bailout (temporarily) was due to ordinary people contacting their representatives and letting them know how they feel.

Ron Paul had nothing to do with it.

I beg to differ. Ron Paul is the real reason that the masses know about how bad this was going to get before this even happened.That is why the people are standing up and screaming about this. I smell change in the air.

[edit on 9/25/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Right on Captgizmo.

Ron Paul has been the largest voice speaking out about the economy and predicted the trouble we are in now. To say he has nothing to do with it is just plain wrong.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ron Paul again??? Good, if it's true that now people suddenly listen to Ron Paul. I thought it's my prayer that made the bailout stalled.

You don't need a Ron Paul or wait for a Ron Paul to bring changes. Now you're looking to Ron Paul for signals, now you become another kind of sheeple. Just stand up, fight for your rights, and bring changes. Don't expect or wait for one man to give you command or signal before you change.

This is embarrassing, YOU ARE THE PEOPLE for Goodness Sake!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I do not look to Ron Paul for signals; however, not being utterly controlled by the media (I chose to have no cable or local television) I started to watch this man speak. Even though he was censored. His speech helped me realize how complacent I had become. I'd talk about the coming crisis, sure. But I never went out of my way to speak my mind, or write my representative, until his speeches opened my own eyes. I am a very stubborn individual that always stands by what I know to be 'true.' I have always 'thought' I knew what was happening around me. It is very difficult to admit when I am wrong (in this instance, in being another sheeple as you put it). But I have reflected on my inactions over the years and have made the conscious decision to never do it again - on any local, national or international level. As a human I deserve to know what goes around me and as an American I deserve and have the right for my representatives to know how I feel.

This, while a rebuttal to your prior comment is also a thank you. Thanks Ron Paul for opening my clouded eyes for so many years.

If his speeches and moments on television made me see my wrongfulness I can only imagine how many other people he reached. Just my two cents, that's all.

seze

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seize

It is good if you have changed for the better, and start to do something meaningful. Ron Paul does inspire some people, his message does come through to some people, and that's good.
It is just... don't wait for the next big crisis or another financial meltdown before you actually do something.

new topics

top topics

join