It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zargon,
I was not questioning the post, just clarifying the meaning of it, or what it might imply.

The pictures that you link to are interesting in that they appear to be one of the 28" x 30" prints, but I can't tell without a scale for reference. Clearly they came from the LRC however. I presume they are yours and that you are really "into" Lunar stuff. Sorry, but I have not had time to read all posts.

When I get my picture account up, as per the instructions of others (thanks for that), I will link to pictures of labels on the tapes and tape canisters.

~ Dr. X ~
PS - We like dragons here.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Dr. X
Well, it appears that the big "D" is not too happy with the OP for posting, so I am told.

Well sending me the info via mail then is probably not a good way to stop me from 'sharing'. Its not a secret what I talk about on my site and here...

Now I don't know who the big "D" is yet as I am in between jobs and have not had time beyond responding to the thread posts... but this is where I got the 'tip' from

Regarding: www.thelivingmoon.com...

You may be interested to see the source tapes... I saw them Saturday:
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...

Comments or additional flavor are welcome there... Folks seem interested...

Cheers,
Steve

Perhaps one might get the feeling of being used as a 'leak'?

Nah thought never crossed my mind...

Besides this is the greatest news I have seen in a long time of searching. Of course the silence on the email front when I requested more info... and your appearance here.... hmmmm

Nah thought never crossed my mind...

I am trying to follow this real-time but am also busy with work and don't usually post. So I am hoping this helps, or maybe I am completely wrong?

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by Dr. X

Just and FYI, I was able to find out the D's name in about two minutes by following the link that the OP gave for the picture. Just wanted you to know that this information can be found very easily.

The link I believe is Here, where "wingod2001" says

I demand this this video of me be removed from youtube. This person did not have permission to do this and I will be taking this up with the management here at Youtube.

His YouTube profile Here has 5 favorites, mostly Moon Rush 1-4 which shows a guy named "Dennis Wingo" which I think very closely resembles the man in the YouTube video. Is THIS the big "D"? And might I add, what would be the big secret if it is?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

I tried posting the original OP pic from Zorgon's site using the "ats" image posting tags and it crops exactly as shown in the original post.

nice try though.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

He's saying that there are high resolution LO pics at Ames ( with the resolution of the upcoming LRO) that have never been converted to images...

Not precisely correct.

These data exists in lower resolution form at USGS but in 40 years the original high resolution data has not been downloaded.
The images are available, as scans of the photographs made from the tapes in the 60's. What he seems to be talking about is converting the analog data direct to digital, something this crew is hopefully attempting.

It sounds like he's talking about the same stuff we are. Not missing, not hidden, just been kind of sitting around for a while, along with the equipment.

The LO Recovery effort will begin this summer. Original analog data tapes archived by GSFC/JPL have been transferred to Ames. Tape drives preserved by a foresighted retiree have been transferred to Ames as well.
This circle has tied up nicely.

Source for both quotes

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

I agree, Google has the resources to do something with them, if they are real.

reply to post by rsand454

And, about the absurdity of an abandoned McDonald's, I have seen one very recently, and I believe it was also relatively new. Someone told me to go there if I was hungry, and I got lost trying to find it, the next day I drove down the same street and noticed a building that was shaped just like a McDonald's but had been painted grey and placed on sale. So, such things do occur.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I noticed a book on the table called "LabView". Which is a development environment for a programming language called "G".

Used for data acquisition, instrument control and automation.

It was interesting to see that there.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

Are you serious?

Ok, super sleuth...since you investigated so deeply, I am sure you noticed MY name on that site, as well? if not, please go back and check. And the link to thelivingmoon.com in my signature?

I am VERY familiar with the contents of Zorgons site.
No need for the lesson.

Now, to the point of your image....why post a HUGE image that cannot really be viewed? Posting crops is what is done on this site consistently.

I do not see that as out of the ordinary. I see it as completely normal.

Besides, when he dropped this on me a day or two ago via email he linked to the Flickr site and I was aware of the pirate flag.

Now, I thought at first is might be due to high school sports or something. But Dr. X says that it was done as a sort of dry ironic joke by the guys doing the work.

So...let me restate: by tangible, i mean i would like to see someone dispute the machines being used and the materials.

Silly me...when i say i wanted something tangible i was referring to the topic. Instead, you try to smear the poster.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You people got the story completely wrong. You need to take any images that have me in them down immediately as I have not given my permission for this.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
In one of the links mentioned earlier from Erik Charlton's photostream there's an amusing comment below, not sure if anyone caught it:

offtothemoon says:

This entire post is 100% wrong and needs to be taken down. Furthermore, this image of me was taken without my permission and is in violation of the law.

Let's see how long these images stay on flickr before they are taken down...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by amigo

The post he is referring to is:

The team is using a workstation to integrate all of the images into a unified lunar map. Here he is showing an example of the resolution that was shown publically. All we have ever seen are these grainy photo-of-a-photo images. The high resolution images have never been seen publically, because when they were developed in the 1960s, they were classified (revealing the extreme precision of our spy satellites).

His response is hell of funny!!!

[edit on 9/26/08 by housegroove23]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In case you slow pokes did not catch it this page is labeled "Moffett Field" www.flickr.com...

This is where the operation is at!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I would really like to believe. But I always thought that magnetic tape disintergrates over time. Sorry for a short reply.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by housegroove23
In case you slow pokes did not catch it this page is labeled "Moffett Field" www.flickr.com...

This is where the operation is at!

en.wikipedia.org...

Then this is the place. Google Earth

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
LOL. This appears to be a blatent cut an paste job. Someone spent much time doing this. Very impressive non the less. I call Bravo Sierra on this. Please don't waste precious resources, time, and brain cells on this. Sheez!

Not to be rude but If you are going to make an argument such as this you might want to do the research and have something tangible to share with everyone that in some way proves your claim.

-ChriS

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I am serious, and it is what it is...I dont care whos name is on that site. You Zorgon and John could be best of friends for all I care...you call smear I call fact.

The fact is he cropped the flag out ...I linked the flickr site and it posted the pic just fine with NO CROPPING.

So why post a different inmage from livingmoon, cropped instead of using the original...so the stupid flag which they give a shaky explination for, is removed.

I know the tactics, seen it plenty of times. Trying to sensationalize or lend more crediance to it by purposly OMITTING data.

That OP was cropped plain and simple and he said it wasnt..that ATS auto cropped it and I call BS.>

You guys can go back to your pitiful little site and edit the tag data now... change resolutions so you can refute my claims, I dont care... I wash my hands of all these shananiganz.

Because at the end of the day what "data" do you have?

None. Flame on gents I call it like I see it. ATS didnt crop that pick...a lie is a lie.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Zargon,
I was not questioning the post, just clarifying the meaning of it, or what it might imply.

No problem I got that
... I sent you a few U2U's but forgot you had to have 20 posts before you can reply DOH... Well I have time now so I will look back for any thing I missed...

Originally posted by Dr. XThe real "secret" was the resolution of the cameras. They were modeled from existing spy satellites and so NASA knew that the system would work because they were "space proven" already. They were just very quiet about the actual resolution of the system which is "1 meter on the surface covered by three scan lines", and is in the LO literature which is available on line.

Yes I believe 'an object the size of a card table" could be recognized

On a typical Lunar Orbiter mission, the photographic system provided high-resolution pictures of 4,000 square miles of the Moon's surface with enough clarity to show objects the size of a card table. At the same time, medium-resolution photographs covering 20,000 square miles could be made with overlap for stereo viewing and analysis of surface topography.

The 1600 pictures captured in total by the five Lunar Orbiters using the ITT photographic system enabled photogrammetrists at NASA and the U.S. Government's Defense Mapping Agency to create accurate maps of the Moon's surface.

www.ssd.itt.com...

The pictures that you link to are interesting in that they appear to be one of the 28" x 30" prints, but I can't tell without a scale for reference. Clearly they came from the LRC however. I presume they are yours and that you are really "into" Lunar stuff. Sorry, but I have not had time to read all posts.

No that particular set is not mine... they were found at a yard sale in Ohio and are currently owned by a gentleman in Florida... we did pay to have photos taken of them and scanned in 1600 DPI

John does have several 'original' negatives like the Copernicus LO-111-162H... but that was a bitch to get scanned

When I get my picture account up, as per the instructions of others (thanks for that), I will link to pictures of labels on the tapes and tape canisters.

Looking forward to it... This has certainly been an interesting venture so far...

I do have one question that was nagging at me though... Since we know (and Phage pointed out) the LO ships were not sound equipped so what was the audio that he played in the youtube video?

PS - We like dragons here.

Interesting comment... I myself shall be gracing Caid next weekend

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alter-EgoATS didn't crop that pick...a lie is a lie.

I guess you REALLY know what your talking about huh?

To bad you were to lazy to follow the link in the OP to the original source with all the explanation, the other posts and the full size format in many sizes...

That IS why the links are included you know

Well keep right on playing your silly game... show everyone how smart you think you are...

I will not respond to anymore posts like this... tends to get me warnings for not playing nice...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

My wife is a collector of Dragons. Where is the Caid to be held?

~Dr. X ~

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Might be a while as I am moving out of stare in 3 days.

Oh I get it... tease and run huh?

That was the operator at the recording site identifying the tape.

That makes sense... I must say that was VERY clear audio... indicates that the tapes are still good

My wife is a collector of Dragons. Where is the Caid to be held?

Ah well I tried...
Bakesfield Ca... Great Western War... Kingdom of Caid week long event... actually there will probably be many dragons for sale at the Merchants

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join