It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Is this directed at me? If so, then you are saddly mistaken. I am simply curious as to the answer to the question that I pulled from the depths of a few pages back. I would like them answered since it is really quite relevant to the validity of the claim of what is on these tapes. Other than that, I have not idea what you are going on about.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

No.

It is not directed at you.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist

No.

It is not directed at you.

See, how easy it is to post and have it say right at the top who it is directed at. When you follow a post with a post directed at noone, it is a little hard to tell who you are addressing.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741
I guess people are just skipping over these questions because they take all the fun out of this theory.

No skipping over them because of requests

Sorry but have been very busy at work... I will update later this afternoon...

Promise

[edit on 5-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

oh heck no. we are skipping over these questions, or least i am, because i can't answer technical questions about grinding lenses. can you?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

oh heck no. we are skipping over these questions, or least i am, because i can't answer technical questions about grinding lenses. can you?

I am just maily referring to the statements about the equipment being used not matching the 'tapes' in the pictures. It seems that any one of the people so proudly pushing how true this whole story is can explain then why they would be restoring and using a machine that these tapes will not fit into anyway.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

as we speak 500 boxes of tapes from the actual moon landings are missing.the article is called one giant blunder for man kind ,look it up

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Because of a couple of very creditable sources I think the tapes are at Ames. It also seems like an abandoned McDonald's store at the facility is as good a place as any to do the conversion from analog to digital, especially if the HVAC system system is still functional.

I think some of the uncertainty arises from the comments from "Steve". I don't think he is a member of the team (could be wrong) working on the project and I think his version may be a bit distorted and sensationalized

The original photographs which were developed and scanned aboard the spacecraft were on 70mm film. The data from those scans was transmitted to Earth and recorded on an Ampex FR-900 tape deck(s). Those tapes, along with some equipment, were were in storage for a long while before they were transferred to Ames as part of a joint venture with NASA, The University of Alabama, and Dennis Wingo. The purpose being the both the preservation of the images as well as providing widespread availability of the images.

I believe the original tapes are 2" tapes. I believe these are those tapes. I also think it's entirely possible that "Steve" may have confused the tape size with the size of the original film in his zeal to release his scoop.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
REGARDING THIS POST:
======
The original photographs which were developed and scanned aboard the spacecraft were on 70mm film. The data from those scans was transmitted to Earth and recorded on an Ampex FR-900 tape deck(s). Those tapes, along with some equipment, were were in storage for a long while before they were transferred to Ames as part of a joint venture with NASA, The University of Alabama, and Dennis Wingo. The purpose being the both the preservation of the images as well as providing widespread availability of the images.

I believe the original tapes are 2" tapes. I believe these are those tapes. I also think it's entirely possible that "Steve" may have confused the tape size with the size of the original film in his zeal to release his scoop.
=====

If the above is TRUE then that means SOMEWHERE the original 70mm
FILM would STILL be preserved in an archive....I'VE GOT A 70mm
FILM SCANNER that can do 4k resolution which would be FAR BETTER
than the FR-900 Ampex videotape archives...I've transferred
COLOUR 1940's 16mm film to HDTV that looked ASBOLUTELY FANTASTIC
just like it was yesterday because it was properly stored.

If we can get the original 70mm film, I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY
to transfer it at full 4K resolution (i.e. 4096 pixels by 2048 pixels)
to BOTH Uncompressed AVI and Uncompressed Quicktime video files!

If somebody has ANY IDEA of where the ORIGINAL FILM is
I'll take care of the rest....Contacts, Names, Places, Phone #'s
Email addresses, mailing addresses whatever you have send
the info to me and I'll see if I can track down the rest!

If I can pet permission from the copyright holders I would love
to put all that 70mm film to the public domain!

Email me at

Henry A. Eckstein
aka ATS User: StargateSG7

[email protected]

or phone me at

604-253-3990 Mon-fri 9-5pm only

so we can get the Film-to-Digital Video transfer going....

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by StargateSG7

The USGS has an ongoing project doing just that:
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

You have have to copy and paste the link.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Because of a couple of very creditable sources I think the tapes are at Ames. It also seems like an abandoned McDonald's store at the facility is as good a place as any to do the conversion from analog to digital, especially if the HVAC system system is still functional.

I think some of the uncertainty arises from the comments from "Steve". I don't think he is a member of the team (could be wrong) working on the project and I think his version may be a bit distorted and sensationalized

so....what you are saying is that steve is wrong and you can assume the truth from it. Gotcha.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

What I'm saying is, Steve has most likely made erroneous statements about details of the project. What I am saying is I have doubts about Steve's credibility. I don't believe those errors invalidate the likelihood that those who are actually working on the project are working with the original videotapes.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

What I'm saying is, Steve has most likely made erroneous statements about details of the project. What I am saying is I have doubts about Steve's credibility. I don't believe those errors invalidate the likelihood that those who are actually working on the project are working with the original videotapes.

So let me try this again. You do not really know. You are guessing. You are hoping, but you really do not know. Right?

"most likely"
"I have doubts"
="I do not really know the answer to this."

Correct?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

What the hell is your point? Am I absolutely positively with out a doubt certain? No. There. Feel better?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

What the hell is your point? Am I absolutely positively with out a doubt certain? No. There. Feel better?

My point is that not only are you not absolutely positively without a doubt, you just do not know. That is it. So the people questioning the validity of the entire story are not to be so easily dispatched with snark and arrogance are they?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Doubt anything you want.
Now run along and bite someone else's ankles.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Doubt anything you want.
Now run along and bite someone else's ankles.

Sorry, I just figured that since you had no problem being so obnoxious to the people that doubted this story throughout the thread then you would not mind if someone did it back with a genuine question that relates to the validity of this story. Sorry for pointing out that it is not 100% proven that what is being presented is actually what is.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

This thread? Now I'm curious. I'm really not sure what doubters you're talking about. I thought I've been pretty innocuous in this thread. Maybe I was a little grumpy with Blaster but he's certainly not a doubter.

I answered you in a straight forward way twice. If you saw arrogance there it sounds like you've got a pretty big chip on your shoulder. But yeah, after that I got pretty annoyed.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I would hesitate to jump too quickly on *ahem* a certain member...

He participates

He contributes

And the reality is, we never know for certain just who we are dealing with....

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StargateSG7

If we can get the original 70mm film, I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY
to transfer it at full 4K resolution (i.e. 4096 pixels by 2048 pixels)
to BOTH Uncompressed AVI and Uncompressed Quicktime video files!

If somebody has ANY IDEA of where the ORIGINAL FILM is
I'll take care of the rest.

Whoa. Back up the truck.

Wasn't it explained early on that the "Original" film was scanned aboard the Lunar Orbiters?

And that the Lunar Orbiters were sacrificed and crashed into the moon?

Your offer, although quite noble, would seem moot.

regards........kk

[edit on 7-10-2008 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join