It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
A report on Life on Venus which you got back from the remote viewing team, you say?

I'm listening...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Near-Term Satellite, Internet and VOIP Technology Solutions

Dennis Wingo talks about Hurricane Katrina
satjournal.tcom.ohiou.edu...

Article he wrote
Space Tug to NASA's Hubble Space Telescope's Rescue?
www.spaceref.com...

Here he is listed as....
For further information contact:

Dennis Wingo
Chief Technical Officer
Orbital Recovery Corporation
[email protected]
www.orbitalrecovery.com

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Zorgon, you notice how the item number has ATS in it? Is that an add on?

I have seen this memo before (i think you sent it to me)....but that little part is pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I have seen this memo before (i think you sent it to me)....but that little part is pretty interesting.

Yeah I posted that in the other threads... you do realize that NASA did not really issue that memo?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
A report on Life on Venus which you got back from the remote viewing team, you say?

I'm listening...

It's probably hidden deep in the labyrinths of the Skunk Works forum!!
Life on Venus? Jeez!!
Now where's my beer? Ahhh...There it is! :w:

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Its funny how on the one hand he is mad at the exposure and wanting flicker and youtube to remove stuff, then at the same time he is posting all the info himself including personal contact info...

It certainly is.

I'm very interested in your Amazing Post.The pic's are Huge enough to see ever thing but it was the Video I used to work out the Make and Model of those Machines again Amazing Technology for back than 1966? Did anyone else feel something wasn't right seeing NO VALVE's.
My research was Not for Debunking rather the Technology of the time what I have gathered so far is the Tape can use 9 sections but only four are used (I don't think audio is one of them,still researching).

I feel at the time Dennis (last name with-held :duh
was searching for parts and Knowledge of his babys(Ampex FR-900's) his finding of this Guy
"dkozloski":
Quote from :

Source

Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post I was off and on in military and industrial electronics for almost 50 years. ........I cut my teeth on FR-600, FR-900, FR-1400 Ampex. Bell&Howell, Mincom, and 3M. We had an RCA RADAR video recorder that had 4 foot diameter tape reels.

would of been Very Exciting to say the least so as to get Full Attention Dennis states :

I am doing a project at NASA Ames to resurrect two of them to digitize NASA's original master tapes from the lunar orbiter missions to the Moon.

as this old Warhorse could run the damm thing (Ampex FR-900).

Let this be a lesson for us All, if you put your personal info online once it can always be found by any Zelong.

Anyway, Keep up the Good work you put out.

Regards
Zelong.

P.S I will consider my Slat clean.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
reply to post by Zelong

Z knows I was kiddin', or being sarcastic. But thanks anyway, for noticing.

Sweet Matyas.Seeing a statement as such with no supporting info I found odd and in my excitement of the find I remembered it(can't find it now but).

This Post of zorgon's find,truly is a Strange one at first I was getting feelings of the John Titor fiasco, we see a working machine,evidence everywhere,just needed proof that the Machine and Location is Real.

Regards
Zelong.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Thanks Zorgon.

This is an amazing thread- thoroughly informative and enjoyable in all regards.

You had the 'debunkist skepticae' and 'confusticae maldatus' out in full force with this thread - the contents of which are priceless.

I must Thank you and your colleagues for taking the time to inform us in real-time with respect to your most important research, not many investigators are willing to do such a thing; to put themselves out on a limb for all to see, and critique. It is mostly a thankless endeavour for which you tend to receive more scorn than praise, more attacks than support and less respect than you have clearly earned.

We are lucky to have access to the information that you have provided us. It is priceless - and as rare as it gets. I appreciate what you are doing and I thank you for including us so actively in your research; an action almost as rare as the discovery itself.

You are salvaging and making history simultaneously.

Keep up the good work. We're all watching.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So was the title of this thread a blatant lie or misleading title? I'm still trying to find your information about how you verified these were the missing orbiter tapes.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

I guess it depends on how you want to define missing. It appears that all of the Orbiter tapes were in storage until they were moved to Ames for this joint project.

LUNAR ORBITER IMAGE RECOVERY
A cooperative project between NASA Ames, UAH, and Skycorp to refurbish Ampex FR-900 tape drives to digitize original Lunar Orbiter data.

These data exists in lower resolution form at USGS but in 40 years the original high resolution data has not been downloaded.

The LO Recovery effort will begin this summer. Original analog data tapes archived by GSFC/JPL have been transferred to Ames.

Tape drives preserved by a foresighted retiree have been transferred to Ames as well

Source

Don't know the date of the document.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
So was the title of this thread a blatant lie or misleading title? I'm still trying to find your information about how you verified these were the missing orbiter tapes.

Well Herr Rock... it ain't gonna happen as your too late to the party

Since the original source has been taken down... good luck on that

Here is one quote from Steve the photographer

They have never been seen by the public because at the time, they were classified as they reveal the extreme precision of our spy satellites. Instead, all we have ever seen are the grainy photo-of-a-photo images that were released to the public.

At least you can't use your standard line..."I see only rocks" on this one

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Since you don't wish to answer the question...I will.

Yup, blatant lie. The tapes were never "missing" as stated by the persons involved in the recovery effort.

However, that's par for zorgon's course.....one tends to get used to that kind of hyperbole.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I guess it depends on how you want to define missing.

Well THANK YOU very much for this document

These data exists in lower resolution form at USGS but in 40 years the original high resolution data has not been downloaded.

That's what we have been saying all along... that the LO images available online are in LOWER RESOLUTION

So ONE definition of 'missing" would be not having access to them

But thanks for proving our point that the high res images were NOT available

Don't know the date of the document.

File title says 2003

[edit on 29-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So ONE definition of 'missing" would be not having access to them

But thanks for proving our point that the high res images were NOT available

Because the images were/are not available online they are missing? Nice.

What is the thread title again? Is it "Missing Images Found"? No, I thought not.

In any case there weren't any missing images nor inaccessible images. According to this chart, a few very low quality images were not processed

Source

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hehehe You guys are so predictable... can't attack the content so your gonna go on forever about the title?

Funny Lemmings...

In any case.. the end result, considering who is involved in this 'project' is that they are only interested in making their toy work and I doubt the care a hill of beans about the actual data...

And I also doubt any of us will ever see it

So... they are still lost and missing as far as I am concerned

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

After they do recover everything on there and there's nothing on it everyone will say they were airbrushed anyway.

You'll just end up posting the same old picture of the guys on the floor looking at pictures of the moon, cause they probably airbrushed these out too.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

Rocks,

It is obvious you only have a hammer since all of your problems look like a nail.

Having added nothing to this discussion, you stoop to criticize and incite.

Just once, I invite you to rub 2 brain cells together and offer an original idea. But alas, you are a one-trick pony.

Perhaps some lunar / martian structure anamoly threads will surface soon. And you can once again become King of your Mole Hill.

regards.......kk

[edit on 29-9-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

In any case.. the end result, considering who is involved in this 'project' is that they are only interested in making their toy work and I doubt the care a hill of beans about the actual data... And I also doubt any of us will ever see it

Fascinating thread. "...only interested in making their toy work"? Really? Don't care "about the actual data"? Really? It rather beggars belief that you appear to be aware of who is involved in this project, but can make this statement.

What reason might be valid for suggesting that project leader "D" does not care about the actual data? Is this consistent with existing information readily available online? Perhaps the author of a book entitled "Moonrush" - appearing in videos as a strong proponent of mining and colonising the moon, seeking to exploit mineral deposits from asteroid impacts amongst other things - is perfectly happy with the lower resolution photos anyone can access now from the USGS when he draws up his plans for specific landing sites?

Might it occur to you that this project is so extremely valuable because it is geared toward providing the general public with access to a higher resolution of imagery than is currently available, albeit imagery that has been seen before? Being passionate about "toys" such as that tape machine is the only way anyone is going to be able to recover data this is on the brink of being lost forever.

Why anyone would doubt the veracity of the tremendous commitment and hard work being put into archiving this material is completely beyond me - the fact it is being carried out by a dedicated team who obviously have a genuine passion for scientific knowledge, happy to operate in a disused McDonald's, makes it all the more believable, surely?

If there is real doubt that "any of us will ever see it", how sensible is it to post grid co-ords and satellite imagery of the location of the project, suggesting "dropping by" and so on? Could this put eventual general public access to these images in jeopardy, by any chance? After Dr X explained that a "proof of concept" needs to be completed before further funding is secured to complete the project, surely it would be wise to avoid sensationalist claims or encourage site visits, so that this second stage becomes more likely?

At least then, if all images are successfully archived and made available at this higher resolution, people can freely continue to bicker about what certain shapes may represent or what has been doctored.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Yes indeed - exactly what T.T. said. Always informative, always entertaining.
Now about the Venus thing.......

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Dennis Wingo ("wingod2001") has got is his way at YouTube. In a comment to Steve Jurvertsons "McMoon" video he wrote:

"I demand this this video of me be removed from youtube. This person did not have permission to do this and I will be taking this up with the management here at Youtube."

And now the video is gone.

www.youtube.com...

Thanks a lot, Mr. Wingo.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join