It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Just to put this "crop" thing to rest...I took it one step further. I went to the image on the OP:

* right clicked the image.

*scrolled down to properties

*highlighted the URL address

*pasted it in the browser

Now here comes the fun part... it was the exact size of the image on livingmoon (900 X 600 and 3858 X 2916). So, basically what I found was that there was in fact no second hand editing and the image DID in fact get auto-cropped. So, at this time I feel it nessicary to publically retract my initial findings and appologize.

Honestly it would have been eaiser to just walk away from this thread and not say a word. However I felt it important enough to report my latest findings, regaurdless of how it makes me look. Walking away would NOT be 'denying ignorance' and I refuse to be a party to spreading it.

So, my appologies to everyone involved and more specifically to Zorgon.
I made a mistake but I am man enough to admit it. Truth is INDEED stranger than fiction ..it would seem.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
don't mean to sound stupid but what's this?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aron1138

A Indetification tag.

The machine looks like the ones at train stations where you put the ticket in, also like a card printer.

But i think its a label

the place the label is in, looks like somesort of Input/output Ports.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It would make sense that the windows aren't covered for security against burglars being the abandoned Micky Dee's is on a military base. Thank you Zorgon and I look forward to more on this.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Here is never before seen high resolution image from the pre-Apollo lunar mapping project.

This film was created from one of thousands of 1960’s lunar orbiter data files. Only a few of these files were converted into create high resolution maps to help map high potential landing sites for the Apollo missions. Only a very limited number of the files were fully developed due to the time it took for early computes to process. The result is there are tons of data that has never been seen or developed.

An inaccurate and overly dramatic statement.

All of the images which were successfully downloaded were printed. Scanned images of most of them are available on the web.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am not real smart, but this seems unreal to me. Is this a joke? I know that this post does not add to the thread but, I am seriously questioning the reality of it. Zorgon is a very well respected member of this site, and I would not want to say it was a hoax. Having said that if I or someone else not well known here posted this, it would not be taken at all seriously. I just keep thinking where is the punch line?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aron1138

That thing looks like it is part of the Mc-D original equipment to me. Why would they have some sort of I.D. thingyMc-jig?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

All of the images which were successfully downloaded were printed. Scanned images of most of them are available on the web.

I am very interested in some links to these images, as you state most of them are available on the web.

Thanks in advance

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Did this turn out to be fake yet?

Still waiting for the confirmation.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Yeah, just sit back and we'll do all the work for ya.

Time for another mod hit for a one liner.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aron1138
reply to post by Dr. X

I do believe you but your post confused me. You said this was a part you "played" so you're an actor too? Either you are Lionel Atwill (Doctor X), who died in 1946, or Patrick Stewart. Then again I assume it was supposed to be confusing.

Sorry for the confusion. I played a Dr. X in a more recent movie which is not well known (I told them I was not an actor, then went on to prove it). Because of this I found out about the original Dr. X movies and ordered them from Amazon.

~ Dr. X ~

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Yeah, just sit back and we'll do all the work for ya.

Time for another mod hit for a one liner.

I've been reading and replying to this thread for days now. If I started writing, believe me, you either wouldn't bother to read it, and/or you wouldn't understand it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

hey, take that back.

some folks here are avid readers (and some are not).

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

alter-ego

okay, that was pretty heroic

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

hey, take that back.

some folks here are avid readers (and some are not).

Sorry, I was just being a dick. (I don't read most of this crap either).

But seriously, if I started to really write, whoo look out!
I could hurt someone's feelings...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alter-Ego
So, my appologies to everyone involved and more specifically to Zorgon.
I made a mistake but I am man enough to admit it. Truth is INDEED stranger than fiction ..it would seem.

Thanks for saying that
Apology accepted... no worries

The following is a for EVERYONE

Now let me address this a little more...

There are three ways to post images here in the forum...

THIS tag

Posts the image and though its cropped when you click on it you see the whole thing.... like THIS

But below the image it posts the entire url as well.

Using the
tags works for image hosting sites and my site as well.... It does NOT display the url and before it used to auto shrink the image to fit the forum page... for some reason it did not do this and just cropped the rest with no link... Perhaps I missed a step? Worked before....

The result now is THIS

The forum is limited to a certain size image... because bigger images will run havoc with the thread format and make it hard to read...

It also makes a thread hard to load especially for dial up... so there is no mystery here at all... and certainly no subterfuge

The third method is to use THIS tag...

What that does is allow a HUGE image to be added to a post and looks like THIS

The problem is (and this as is proven by your post) is that many people simply don't take a minute to click on a link to see the source. So if its not right there in the post it's ignored...

And that causes frustrations on the posters end... and needless battles in the thread...

Hope that clears it up....

You also mentioned seeing this in the link....

47john_lear/

And I saw several respond with "Good sluething"

Since John is the one who first brought the Lunar Orbiter images to the attention of ATS in a big way in THIS thread...

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Post created by Springer and it ran 265 pages (and is still going albeit not so strong since John left)

So why would it be a surprise to ANYONE that anything to do with Lunar Orbiter images is hosted under his section on my site?

One more point about images...

When you post an image or a link to a document on ATS... with the HUGE membership here it is logical to expect that the website hosting the image or the document will received HUNDREDS and sometimes THOUSANDS of hits within hours

This has several results...

IF its an image on a small site... the resultant draw on Bandwidth will most likely overload the site. And some people (though I don't know why
) still pay for limited bandwidth on their ISP...

IF a document like the Warp Drive one on LANL (Los Alamos National Labs) gets hot linked and posted... now you have 1000 hits on a 'sensitive yet public' document that maybe had 1 to 2 hits a month before... this send out flags and the file gets moved

IF a document is found on a MILITARY website usually with a .mil url... the document is in the public domain, but as I found out not always accessable from OUTSIDE the USA... and many .mil sites bring up a 'certificate' pop up that require you to accept it before access is allowed... and THAT certificate pops up to anyone opening the thread where the link is on... THAT caused a few eyebrows to be raised and I bet added fuel to the fire that ATS is 'connected'

Pegasus was set up originally to solve these issue... by me hosting a copy of the image or file on my site and linking it to that... where I have unlimited bandwidth paid for out of MY pocket... thus not straining the smaller sites and causing them to crash... Since there are no sales, no ad revenues, no donations and no member fees on my site... it means I can easily get permission to reprint just about anything... Was only told no ONCE in all these years...

This means that a thousand viewers can see the material and no buttons are pushed.

Matyas and Myself created Pegasus to answer this need... and several other members are contributors to the research... ALL of which is posted here at ATS

Now there have been times we have been accused of 'profiteering'... a few even told me how rude it was to use ATS bandwidth to promote my site... when in fact all the material I post on ATS... the reverse is true... ATS is the business... not us... and THEY use MY bandwidth free and clear... as well as my content...

Also with the NUMEROUS mentions of ATS on my site to stay in compliance with the creative commons license regarding member content... seems to me a lot of free advertisement

I bring all this up now to 'clear the air' as it were... There have been certain issues raised via U2U that specifically pertain to this, but since they are private communications... I will say that there have been 'complaints' about my using my site to link to information.

I will leave it at that, and my avatar is back... so I will see how the 'weather' is the next few months

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Then please be so kind and point that out to the person who made the statement
Which would be Eric Charlton, obviously a project member
www.flickr.com...

And these LO Images you say are easy to find...

That wasn't true not so very long ago, since LPI, USGS and Arizona U only started the projects in Oct 2006. Before that they were almost impossible for the general public to find...

Its interesting how skeptics neglect to mention that
I am sure even ArMaP will agree on that one

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by red 5I just keep thinking where is the punch line?

The "Punch Line" is where all this gets covered up again and disappears despite the attempt by several people involved with the tapes to bring this out.

Already Steve has closed the Flicker pages in the OP and is being attacked at youtube

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That plant in the foreground, to me means this is pretty regularly visited. It doesn't look abandoned, more transformed or staged.

I wonder if we aren't being so set up for surprised / disclosure on so many fronts -

great find - thanks!

[edit on 9/27/2008 by trusername]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

what is that black stuff(Venom symbiote)
nahh couldnt be could it

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join