It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Phenomenon, Fact or Fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I have been following the recent predictions of the Web Bot Project, which claims that it can make such predictions by monitoring the linguistics on the Internet. It also claims this is possible because our species is inherently psychic, although it is repressed, and that we subconsiously express this in the language we use on the Web.

So I wish to ask you, my ATS/BTS brethren, your feelings on the existance of psychic phenomenon? Please try to keep it a civil intelligent exchange of ideas, and not a mud-slinging contest. If you have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation, I ask you to please move along.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hey... I wouldn't just dismiss the psychic phenomenon altogether. If you're asking if the psychic phenomena is real or not the chances are that you're probably a skeptic of it yourself.

I am a believer in the psychic phenomena.

My thoughts on the psychic phenomena are-- if you've experienced it, or, experienced a lot of mental activity, you know it's real. If you haven't experienced anything like ESP or anything like psychic phenomena than it will likely remain a mystery to you.

I have experienced some psychic phenomena myself. I've experienced something like ESP, sometimes, I can guess what people will say... and I spend a lot of my time in my own head... so I know how powerful the human mind can be.

It all depends on what your experience is. If you're a mind person like myself the chances are you're not a skeptic in these things but if you're more of a material person you won't be able to see these things that easily and you'll think it's fiction.

Just my .02.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Starred that post of yours, Frankidealist35

Fantastic ! You summed it up perfectly

Only problem is ... it will be very hard for anyone else to top

so this might be the shortest thread in history

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I’ve made countless psychic predictions in private that have come true, but the few I’ve made on the internet, or have said over the telephone, have not come true, or they unfold slightly different than I forecasted. It’s almost as if the sheer act of observation by others affects it. Or some force protects my free information from being exploited. If I keep my predictions to myself it usually happens the way I expect.

Maybe because I just mentioned this on the internet, it will screw up my private predictions too.

new topics

top topics

join