It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Say They're Building 'Impossible' Space Drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Chinese Say They're Building 'Impossible' Space Drive

blog.wired.com

Chinese researchers claim they've confirmed the theory behind an "impossible" space drive, and are proceeding to build a demonstration version. If they're right, this might transform the economics of satellites, open up new possibilities for space exploration –- and give the Chinese a decisive military advantage in space.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This came up during my research into Buzz Aldrin being senior science director of Gravwave LLC and working with the Chinese on anit-gravity...

This project is not related, but interesting none the less. If the Chinese do indeed develpop this they may get the jump on us.

An Emdrive... short for electromagnetic propulsion

blog.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Nice find zorgon! I've always held the personal belief that disclosure would be forced upon us, not by the likes of Heir Greer. But by other nations in the world advancing in space technology and exotic propulsion systems.

I use the term disclosure refrencing to the true nature and technological capabilities of the U.S military/space program. Not alien contact.

You know how the game is played. "Look what we just built"....."Oh ya well ours is better look what we got".....and so on, and on the cycle goes.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It is interesting enough to flag anyways. But honestly, if they are so keen on this thing why aren't they keeping it under wraps like any good new technology would be? Imagine the size of the Made in China sticker they put that thing.

I cannot imagine it will last very long for the amount of power I would expect for it to take to simply bring it online and maintain everything for a given time period.
I think the Orion project sounds better, plus it gives us something to use our (aging) stockpile of nukes for.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join