It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the possibility of Republicans retaining office post Bush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Let me start this thread by saying that I reside outside of the United States and have been watching the whole election saga unfold with great interest but do not actively favor any of the two presidential candidates.

... My question is that despite the fact I get this strong impression that the American people are sick and tired of the current government and its policies and seem to actively 'loathe' George Bush as their leader, then how come the Republican party is still in with a chance to possibly win leadership again at the end of 2008???

I ask this because the experience we had with our recent government change was completely different. We here in Australia have a two party system and with the previous political leader making some horrendous decisions, was literally driven out of the office - along with the party he was affiliated with. Sure we had our moments when the poll results were close and the Liberals had a slim chance of getting through but those moments were short lived and very rare.

An insight would be greatly appreciated

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There is a lot of factor as to why the Republicans could win in '08.

Sen. McCain has done a good job in distancing himself from the current administration, Gov. Palin has work effectively in rallying the base of the party and although many people dont want to admit it race is another factor.

Sen. Clinton message to the superdelegates was that she was more electable than Sen. Obama on a national election for that very reason. The BUBBA VOTE, is real and this time around can even swoop in those moderate democrats and many independents that otherwise would have vote for Sen. Clinton towards Sen. McCain.

Another factor is voter movilization, the GOP has been better throughout the years at movilizing voter to do the essential...GO AND VOTE! The Democrats can get a rally of 100,000 people but for some reason on election date many people dont show up at the polls.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
how could i have been so thick??? Off course the race thing matters. BBC recently did a study relating to the race issues within the current election campaign and it was astounding to see the results. Your post states the obvious but reminds us 'outsiders' of the realities on the ground.

Thank you for such an enlightening insight

join