It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vision of U.S. after an Economic Collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Continuing with our list of superpower similarities, many of the problems that sunk the Soviet Union are now endangering the United States as well. Such as a huge, well-equipped, very expensive military, with no clear mission, bogged down in fighting Muslim insurgents. Such as energy shortfalls linked to peaking oil production. Such as a persistently unfavorable trade balance, resulting in runaway foreign debt. Add to that a delusional self-image, an inflexible ideology, and an unresponsive political system.

madconomist.com

This is from a Russian who watched the Soviet Union collapse, and his thoughts on the differences and similarities between the USA and the USSR's preparedness for an economic breakdown, culturally and politically.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
During the depth of the coming depression, when there is anarchy in the streets, the Russians will launch their full scale nuclear assault. With Obama likely to be in power and since he has promised to unilaterally disarm, there will be no counterstrike. Indeed that will be one of the primary motives to finish us off.

That's how I see it. There was a christian prophet who prophesied the fall of the Soviet Union and then the re-emergence of Russia as a militaristic superpower and of the eventual nuclear destruction of the US. Almost all the major christian prophets of our era have foreseen the sudden destruction of the US. I believe it's just a matter of time, perhaps very soon.

Thus it's best to get right with your maker, because after you die, either quickly or slowly it will be too late to repent. Other than that, there is no need to be alarmed.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It's the end of the second cold war (China vs Usa)

I wonder how big the mess will be.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

It's curious that you mention a "second cold war" between the United States and China. I'm not so sure that the US ran up quite as big of a tab with Soviet Russia. Nor did I play with toys as a child with "Made in the USSR" stamped on 'em.

[edit on 9.25.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
During the depth of the coming depression, when there is anarchy in the streets, the Russians will launch their full scale nuclear assault.

Don't make me kick you in the reality pants my friend, it's time you understood one thing, Fear is not a game to collect converts. If you play that game on people then when the SHTF you will be either a first target, or left at the roadside, desitute, mocked and dead.

The Russians will have no reason to launch any attack of any kind, in fact, it would be to their advantage to offer assistance and guidance to the newly emerging United States that will have to learn how to support itself without many of the previous economic institutions in place. Besides, if you are half intelligent you would realize from reading this and many other boards where good solid christian people post their opinions, that there will be a nationwide bloodbath of FreeFire when the SHTF and Jebus don't come knockin. And if that isn't good enough for you how about the many raging battles as various ethnic, political, religious and criminal groups decide to "get even", declare territories, take control and basically depopulate themselves and others?

No the Russians won't need to conduct any attack, but they and other large working powers may have to reinforce a few American Military personnel to make sure that MS-13 dosen't aquire a few nuclear warheads ... or the Jews in the San Fernando Valley don't get one to drop on the Muslims in Los Angeles, or the same in New York city where block against block warfare may become prevalent until they finally eat themselves or starve to death. And they will starve, because not enough food will be delivered to support them from the farmlands way outside the cities. And you may ask "Why are there no farms close by?" and the answer will stare you in the face ... thousands of subdivisions where the farms used to be until someone decided that single family houses were more important and profitable than those farms.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by molochrod

madconomist.com

Interesting comparisons

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

No one knows for sure. It's all speculation. However I deem it likely that a nuclear war will happen soon. It doesn't have to be logical or even in the Russians interest to launch one.

Here is some basic logic, not even prophecy. Given the heightened tensions in the world, in any given year there is a certain probability that a nuclear war will start. Let's say its 1/100. Under those conditions, after 69 years the odds are greater than 50% that we will have a nuclear war. We've had nukes for 63 years. Time is running out.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I was all prepared for some great reading.

But honestly, I found the assumptions and comparisons faulty at best. Too bad.

Rather than learn anything practical from the author, I instead had to suffer through a whole host obvious unjustified prejudices.

*sigh*

top topics

join