It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cross a false idol???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Yes i agree.

We have made many signs and idols to through our attention away from God and Jesus.

But its not realy that hard to see past it all. If we dont pay atention to signs and idols. But listen to the words of the main story.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Not only is a cross of wood, metal or plastic a false idol, it is a Trojan Horse in the truest sense of what a trojan horse is; each one is loaded up with all the negative energy which despise all life and God's creation.

The cross that God built is a living cross, those crosses fabricated by the hands of men are at the very least a replacement for the true cross, which has at times been "broken up", but which has recently rebuilt itself, and at their worse a complete abomination.

If you noticed in September 2006 Al Qaeda boasted that it would "break the cross" and "spill the wine" which led me to believe that the real cross was a family of people and not a piece of dead wood.

I don't want to be misunderstood to think that I suggest anyone destroy their crosses if they have them, I just wanted to add my thoughts about what I think they are.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
“You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth." -Exodus 20:4

No carved images. The cross is a carved image. I think that is really clear.

The early christians were to use that as a principle. Read Acts 17:29:

“Seeing, therefore, that we are the progeny of God, we ought not to imagine that the Divine Being is like gold or silver or stone, like something sculptured by the art and contrivance of man."

Once again no carved images.

Also Jesus did not die on a cross. The greek word was stau·ros′ which means pole, stake, or post.

In Acts 5:30 Paul uses the word xy′lon instead of stau·ros′. xy′lon means tree.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bugs_n_recovery

The "Christian" religion is nothing but the paulieandian mythological spin of a real life human being built upon the egotistical nationalistic viewpoint of the jews as the "people of God". The old testament is a nationalisticly spun document, that is less phsyically real then too many want to believe it is, and on top of that they turned a man into a Golden Idol.

"JESUS" in the wrong context, as the golden idol, is a false understanding.

It wasn't "JESUS" that was the religion of Ioshaua. It is the religion of the man that would be come world wide as "JESUS" that is the true focus of your relationship with Our Creator God.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It wasnt the rebirth of Jesus that is important. So a stone wouldnt be practable. The rebirth would just be Jesus turning back into his original form, the Archangel. When Adam first sinned He made his pure self unpure. So he was condemned to die as an unpure soul. If he had stayed pure he would have had eternal life in paradise and never died. So to make up for this original sin, Jehovah needed to have a 100% pure soul face the charge of a unpure soul. This would be the ransom, or payback for the sin Adam first commited. So that is why mainstream worships the cross instead of the stone in front of the burial cave. Now why you shouldn't worsip the cross is for a fwe obvious reasons and some reasons you probably didnt know. Firstly God Jehovah is the only one worthy of worship, and the bible teaches to not have any false Idols (things you worship). So worshipping the cross, Jesus, Anything above or equal to God Jehovah is a sin and false idolatry. The reason you should not even acknowledge the cross is because it has pagan origins, which God says is a sin. (2 Corinthians 6:14-18). In the 4th century Constantine told his followers that the christian symbol was the cross so that they would follow with more passion. The cross was originally something to do with sex rites. There is also the original context of of the Greek bible. It's original language. The original word that Jesus was crucified on was a stau-ros, or xy'lon, both meaning an upright stake or post, or tree during the time jesus was alive. It was then later translated to two beams joining at an angle, just like certain words in english have changed exact meaning. That is why we should not worship or believe that Jesus was crucified on the cross. Because Jesus didn't die on the cross, and because It has Pagan origins, which are sinful.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join