It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Drops off 9 Kids at Hospital Under Nebraska Safe Haven Law!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brian2384
reply to a prenatal doctor said there was a good chance of a chromosome disorder and mental retardation. My wife is pro-life so I have no legal choice but to support her decision for the next 18 years.

Of course you realize that if the child is born mentally retarded you will most likely be taking care of it for the rest of your life. 18 years would be getting off easy.

And you are right it is not fair, however if you KNEW your wife is pro-life (and I assume you DID know) then perhaps you should have gotten yourself snipped too. You knew there was a risk.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Yes, I know it's a lifetime deal. I spent about six years working with these folks.
I will be getting snipped for sure. I can't correct my mistakes with abortion, but I can prevent new ones. But I did make one smart move, I never adopted the child she came with and I have no intentions of ever doing so. God bless America! I am not financialy responsible for that one.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm still mad at this guy. His kids lost their mom and now they have been abandoned. So he can't be there for his kids because of grief? What about their grief? If it is money- how can he not be on welfare and food stamps with that many kids and having to quit his job to take care of them? I feel like there is still something missing. One of the links was not working for the story updates.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

If it is money- how can he not be on welfare and food stamps with that many kids and having to quit his job to take care of them?

This may come as a surprise to a lot of people, but welfare isn't available to the people who need is most in many cases.

There is a ten-year waiting list in most cases to qualify for Section 8 housing, for example.

When my father left us in a house that the roof was caving in on, my mother got $32 a month in food stamps, that was it.

I am homeless and was denied all benefits because I refuse to stay in a shelter. One big reason I refuse is that I would have to quit my job to be in the shelter before they lock up for the night.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackintheboxI am homeless and was denied all benefits because I refuse to stay in a shelter. One big reason I refuse is that I would have to quit my job to be in the shelter before they lock up for the night.

You are working, can't you find a cheap room to rent somewhere? If there are lots of poor people in your area (and you seem to know quite a few) how is it that no one is willing to rent a room for a low rate?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

The average rent in this county for a one bedroom is $1200. You might be able to get a room for $800 if you're lucky enough to have two-months deposit up-front. The motel I work in rents efficiencies for $400 a week with everything included. My last apartment was $750 because I knew the landlord, but I still spent over a grand just to heat the place. I lost that apartment when I lost the "good-paying" job.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Shoot...this guy saw a way out and took it. He was like"I can drop off these yunguns for free?! Now I can get with my other cousin and have 8 or 9 more. He he!"

(pulls up his britches, and spits)

Only in Nebraska!!!

[edit]
punctuation error

[edit on 30-9-2008 by daddymax]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is what people do not know. There are no safety nets. Those have been taken by the illegal immigrants and families who have existed on welfare for generations. This man's wife died. The way the welfare system works is you either have to make minimum wage (therefore you cannot afford a house) OR you receive nothing. The welfare system, as it is, is a racket. If he applies for food stamps, he has to be making less than enough to afford a place to live. If he quits his job, he will get food stamps, but won't be able to afford a house (and most likely the biggest place he COULD get IF they did not have a 3-year waiting list (or more) would be a 2-bedroom apartment. They will not give him two 2-bedroom apartments. Having tried to use the welfare system, I know what I am talking about -- and 99% of the public does not. I am sure he loved his kids. He chose to give them up because he could not give them a proper home, clothes, and food. If you think this could not happen to you or someone you know -- you are wrong. It will happen more and more.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
reply to post by fleabit

You are basicly a slave and a meal ticket if you are in Foster care. What a ^%^$ joke.

Bootcamp is a holiday compared with the crap a person or a child goes through at or in Foster Homes.

All of my peace and love to you

I do agree that not all foster care homes are healthy, I do know that many of them are.

I know from my own experience that their are foster care homes that are their to truly assist and care for children, where the foster parents are caring and doing their best (they are just people after all).

I think in this situation (at least from the information I have in regards to this situation) would be for the father to get some assistance and have the children placed back with him. It sounds as if he has had a very rough time, and just needs a bit of compassion and help. How many of us have never needed that?

I would suggest if you feel so strongly about foster care, that would be a good place for you to make some changes in this world. Become a foster parent yourself, one that you would respect. One that shows others by example how foster care should/could be.

Peace and love.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The story behind this whole mess is that his wife of 17 years died in the same hospital and he lost his job trying to manage what his wife had been doing for that long and when he could not do it anymore, he decided that he was going to leave them. I dont think that this justifies his actions!!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

"salt of the earth" types. wow, i've never heard that quote used in that way. it sounds like a bad thing coming out of your mouth and is grossly out of context. too bad.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
All u people are judgeing someone you do not know............and that is not what we are suppose to do the bible says do not judge !!!!!!!!!!!! I will be praying for those 9 kids and in prayer i believe what was done was for the good whatever the reason should be. We all know everything happens for a reason but people arent always as strong as they want to be so all i have to say is untill you have walked in his shoes then dont talk about him

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join