It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Drops off 9 Kids at Hospital Under Nebraska Safe Haven Law!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ever since I read this thread, I've been hoping the authorities have undertaken to identify and locate the father (and mother if she's involved) for their own safety, because although the OP contains only the bare bones of the story so far, I'm sure most of us can imagine how a parent would feel at having to place his children in the care of strangers. I'm concerned for the parents' state of mind (as well as that of their children).

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealityisanIllusion
Omaha is home to Offut Airforce Base.

Maybe he is about to ram a towtruck filled with explosives into the air base and wanted to make sure that his children were taken care of.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
this is great... but what aobut toxic outgas from computers... www.rawair.net...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Actually I'm pro-life and for adoption. I just took in my 11 year old sister because our mother is a heroin addict and has been sent to prison for 3 years. If I lived in Nebraska I would have already inquired about adopting these 9 children.

Please don't make generalized statements about certain beliefs and opinions. After all, you are an ATS Moderator.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by holyTerror]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If you have more than 2 kids you should just kill yourself and your whole immediate family. We wouldnt have half the problems we have today if there werent so many stupid people around. Have you ever heard of overpopulation? If you have more than 2 kids and you can't afford to feed them, then feed them to each other untill you have few enough to make ends meet. Its a modest proposal.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Any clue where the mother(s) is(are) in this?

Unless she's dead, I think it's very unlikely for her to consent to giving up 9 children.

I really want to know, are they all 9 from the same mother? Is she dead? In Jail? A junky? Are they married, or divorced? Is Dad trying to prevent Mom from getting custody? Anybody know if this law requires the permission of one or both of the parents?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
some people judge the man dropping his kids off without thinking through the scenerios that would lead someone to do that.

sure im pretty certain there are people who don't care about their children or had more kids than they could handle, but it dos'nt mean this guy was the same.

its certainly sad to, thats given. but you have to wonder if there was any other reason why he did this. what ever the reasons are he did the correct thing. he took them somewhere safe where they would be looked after, its better than them being neglected or going without food or being left in danger.

he may well of been able to support them at some point but then things just got to bad. what would you do? i suppose it all depends on who you can turn to.

if he did it because he did'nt care then he did the correct thing again. its better than them being in a place where the parent dos'nt care.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
If you have more than 2 kids you should just kill yourself and your whole immediate family. We wouldnt have half the problems we have today if there werent so many stupid people around. Have you ever heard of overpopulation? If you have more than 2 kids and you can't afford to feed them, then feed them to each other untill you have few enough to make ends meet. Its a modest proposal.

do they teach overpopulation in school????? if not theres the problem.

they don't as far as im aware in the u.k., they certainly don't outline the problems and i never hear anything in the media. the only place i became educated on overpopulation was the internet. but by then i already had 3 kids. a bit late to find out don't you think? especially when the media seem to give a different impression about the world we live in and underplay problems rather than being open and honest. thank god for the internet.
although for most people they end up becoming educated on potential problems to late.

all it takes is education early enough so when you go out into the world and start your own family your fully aware of the impact it could be haveing or is having before planning a family.

i would of done things differently if i knew then what i knew now.

but i don't control the education system, therefore i can only teach my own kids. many parents are oblivious or unaware of a population problem, im certain if they were aware most would have less children.

edit to add: the population is fine, its the vasts amounts of consumerism thats the problem. lots of people buying lots of stuff they don't need. so when your out shopping bare that in mind. people who buy needlessly should be shot. they are the ones putting a strain on the echo systems.

go on a diet, buy only what you need, not what your told you need the world would soon improve. if everything was shared equally around the world, there would be more than enough to feed people, but we live in a society of greed, where some people consume twice as much as others.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I wont be surprised if they find this father alone and dead(suicide).
When i got divorced i chose to let my Ex-wife keep our boys because my life is too unstable they are better off with her...maybe that father had no choice but to try and take care of them.
But wasn't able to.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I dont know what I think of this.

But I do know that all I can think of are those kids
My heart breaks and cries for them
I can imagine the fear, the worry, the uncertainty, the guilt and all the other horrible things they are feeling right now. And if they get separated (which they will)...oh my God....how even worse for them.

My confusion on how I feel about the topic though, stems from not knowing enough about the situation. I myself, have so many questions. Obviously the man had full custody of them, but where is she? Is the father mentally incapable? Did something happen to him. Does he have any other family anywhere to help?

I can understand why this law went into affect. However, it is just too shady IMO. I can see why its good. And I can see what its bad.

As it is later in the night, since this first broke....I have searched for updates on this....but nothing so far.

Oh, I'm pro-life. I know many HUGE families that did just fine and are still doing fine. So, until we know the situation, its kind of hard to start saying things like: should of kept it wrapped, should of done this, should of done that......because....we just don't know WTF happened

Poor kids

[edit on 9/26/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well, not too much of an update...but an update telling of an update

www.fox11az.com...

More information will be available at a late morning news conference, Osterman said.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I've got a solution for all those people who seem to think that abortion is a good idea...

Let's kill you. Since YOU are the ones who think it's okay to kill people against their will, we'll make this easy, since there are so many abortion enthusiasts, that should be a sufficient reduction. Sufficient for whom and by what standards? don't ask me.. I don't make this crap up.

I agree, 9 children is a bit much... that being said, Is it okay for horrible monsters who steal and horde peoples money to have lots of children and perpetuate that amazing quality into the world?

Really nasty people in the past who had the finances had WAY more children than they could probably even frickin' count to, and I'm sure they didn't play catch with all of them.. as a matter of fact some of them were murdered... etc..

I suppose what I'm getting at is..

I don't really agree with dumping children off at a hospital, but neither do I agree with a system that makes it almost impossible to have ONE or TWO children even WITH both parents still together and have a decent life without struggle.

It's good to be aware of this stuff, but I think we are focusing on the wrong issue here, or at least sending out our emotions in more of a destructive than constructive manner.

Whatever happened to tribal community, everyone raising the children, everyone teaching each-other and more focus on tolerance and unity as a species and less about unity as a corporate or monetary event.

We can do better.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well my father abandoned every child he ever made too. The only difference is that he didn't make sure they were ok. He staggered his too, not all at once like this guy. Men abandon their kids all the time. Women do too. This has not changed, accept maybe now its going to be on the news every time someone takes advantage of this new law.

edit for typo and to add:
Personally I would only leave my child at a hospital if i were about to kill myself, which will not happen. I cant live without her. I would always find a way to survive and keep her with me. I don't understand or condone this type of behavior, I just am not shocked by it.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by raven bombshell]

[edit on 26-9-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell
Well my father abandoned every child he ever made too. The only difference is that he didn't make sure they were ok. He staggered his too, not all at once like this guy. Men abandon their kids all the time. Women do to. This has not changed, accept maybe now its going to be on the news every time someone takes advantage of this new law.

touché

that is really what it boils down to... LAW.

and the ? "exploitation" of it?...

and of course it was a man, I agree that many women have been known to dump children off on "grandma" or rather.. grandma-mommy.

This is a problem that afflicts many families and should be addressed differently, instead of poking the wound and asking why it doesn't heal, try to find out why this wound has manifested itself in the beginning.

and I think we'll find that a failed system is to blame, with misplaced attention and fiscal support.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
On overpopulation comments: Watch what happens to Russia now that their abortion rates have begun to catch up with them. They are self-destructing from within.

On birth control: I don't think the Latinos and African-Americans are listening to this thread. Think about your Social Security, too. Caucasians are becoming a minority anyway, so you will get your wish. Your family line will be gone, and your house will be owned by a Latino, or maybe a Pakistani.

On the kids being turned in: Let's see why tomorrow. It is probably a good reason. Maybe he was suicidal. Better than reading about another dead family.

911 - Government sponsored Dial A Prayer.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Oh, and another thing. It likely wasn't about money. There are plenty of programs for the poor to feed the kids. It was probably about shelter, losing a farm.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Obviously the man had full custody of them, but where is she?

No that is not obvious, we don' t know that...

That is why I want to know, where is the mother? If she has any custody at all, she should have a say too.

Imagine if you (man or woman) dropped your kids off for visitation, and then found out that the other parent had "surrendered" them and you weren't even consulted!

[edit on 26-9-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

I think I was editing while you were replying. I did not want to sound apathetic- it saddens me greatly to hear these things, as I too am a mother. That is why I added the edited part. I feel like this situation is just not all that new. It was bound to happen eventually that people would drop all their kids off, imo. It is so common to abandon children these days- more common than we think because we don't see it in the same perspective. You are so very right that we can do better- a hell of a lot better.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Yes, your right and have a point.
My tired brain didnt fully think thru that thought.

Like I said (and you and others) we really have no flippn clue what went on/is going on - yet.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by asmeone2

Yes, your right and have a point.
My tired brain didnt fully think thru that thought.

Like I said (and you and others) we really have no flippn clue what went on/is going on - yet.

Well, that is the problem I actually see with this legeslation, as it pertains to the general public rather than just this case.

One parent "Abandoning" his or her children just to prevent the other parent from having custody or contact with them.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by asmeone2]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join