It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Government Bailout Financial Market? Vote Here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Kudos and stars! I am calling and writing everyone i know to stop this thing. I am not going to take this and turn the other cheek. This is the fast lane to fascism, and I am moving to the RIGHT and letting those other speed on by.

Elect Libertarian Bob Barr as President.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
One last update...

I believe the numbers to this poll might look something like this...

NO
299,999,999 million middle Americans

YES
1,500 or less multi-billionaire elitists/ politicians and sheep

don't listen to their lies.

I wonder what the signers of the constitution would be saying right about now?

they just might be rolling over in their graves...

[edit on 28-9-2008 by abelievingskeptic]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
700 billion times HELL NO!

Reasons? Watch this video:

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

thanks! star! watching it now.

uuuummm second line

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
can anyone verify what this guy is saying?

anyone have the same info or corroborating knowledge?

oh this is in reply to the video posted by the guy above me

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My small business also received no bail out.

I vote no to the 700 billion dollar plan. Instead I say give every american one million dollars... We would save over 600 billion dollars and we could all pay off our outstanding debts. That plan is just as economically unsound as there plan but at least we the average joe would get to have some fun with it on the way down to dantes economic inferno.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I can not believe people are that stupid.

Because of the drop in the stock market yesterday the market lost one trillion + dollars.

How many of you have company retirement, 401Ks CDs money market accounts.
That money is invested in stocks by whoever is holding this money for you.

A lot of that money 1 trillion was yours and you don't want congress to bailout wall street.

You just want your retirements to go down the drain.

I am glad most of my retirement is in gold. i am ahead over 250% in the last three years.
I lost a lot less then you fools.

Talk about shooting your self in the foot.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
absolutely, positively, NO.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

No Bailout... And Here's Why... Look To The Past!

Everyone, I'm looking for video of this, but in the meantime, I found a transcript.

On October 15th, 1992, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and Ross Perot held a townhall debate.

The candidates were asked to discuss how they would deal with Pensions, Social Security, and Medicare. Perot gave a long-winded answer, Bush kind of evaded the question, and then Clinton said the following after already covering Social Security and Medicare first and second:

Number 3, on the pension funds, I don't know as much about it, but I will say this. What I would do is to bring in the pension experts of the country, take a look at it, and strengthen the pension requirements further, because it's not just enough to have the guarantee. We had a guarantee on the S&Ls, right? [Referring to the S&L Crisis of the 80's and 90's] We had a guarantee -- and what happened? You [the taxpayer] picked up a $500-billion bill because of the dumb way the federal government deregulated it.

The Transcript I used is here.

The government relies on the amnesia of the public.

Folks, I'm 30. I don't remember the S&L scandal, so I don't have the appropriate frame of reference for outright anger in knowing that, what we are going through now, we've been through before. It's all razzle dazzle. The whole "ohh my gosh, we could have never seen this coming" is bull. They've seen it before. They've done it before, and what's worse, it's probably the same people orchestrating it.

All I can hope for is that, with the advent of the Internet, cheap terabyte storage, and more sites like Youtube, that ALL debates, politician promises, and their comments will be readily searchable and catalouged online, so that when the taxpayer is put through something like this, we can refer back: When, if at all, did this happen before? How was it handled? who were the culprits? That way, we can discourage such outright lying and scamming.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join