It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meteor that wasn't over NE Ohio?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This sounds like a very interesting story. Any pics or follow up to story will be added accordingly. I've seen my share of meteors. But none that change color. I personally did not witness the event.

www.newsnet5.com

[edit on 9/25/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I happened to be driving to work around this time on Rt. 71 S. heading towards Lodi when I saw it appear on my left (west). It was EXTREMELY BRIGHT when it first appeared, gold and reddish. It then changed colors to a brilliant green and had a golden tail as it descended towards earth. It burnt out before it hit the tree line. According to the news reports on Channel 5 at 6 p.m., it was a marble sized meteor. Most shooting stars seen by people are the size of a grain of sand hitting the atmosphere (this is true, check the facts anywhere). This one being marble sized gave a great show. I also had two other guys traveling with me to work who saw it also. We all agreed that it was an awesome morning display of YHWH's might. Have a great day!!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
it couldn't be by any chance ice/gasses burning up in the atmosphere? strange how it changed colour but there could be reasons for it

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think it was last year or maybe 2 years back that in Adelaide, South Australia a meteor was witnessed by many that had changed colour from red to green and blue, various elements in release different gas and flame, it quite common not all are one colour.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Not unusual for a large meteor to change color. It has to do with the heat generated as it travels through the atmosphere. Red, yellow and blue are common.

new topics

top topics

join