It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Trading Conspiracy ... Ameritrade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well today was a really weird day... first Freddie Mac goes to $2.95cents and the rockets to $1.30 in a few minutes.... and has 2 settlement prices one at 1.86 and the other 2.03 ... think about it one below opening price and one above opening price.... weird.... and when it was at the $2.90 I could not even put in a sell order... the website was like stuck on stupid...

and to top it all off .... I checked the balance on BofA account and it's temporarily unavailable ... try back later ...

something is going on... and I think we go bankrupt TONIGHT...
but then again, I'm paranoid skitzo... so I guess I will be awake all night till - I can see how much lettuce I still have,.... but that really pisses me off I had Freddie Mac down cold and I was getting out and couldn't that really sucks... so it must be a conspiracy....

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
People often times forget about the illiquid aspect of stocks. When you sell, there has to be someone willing to buy. Its a zero sum game.
Stocks are just paper with no real intrinsic value per se , only what a person is willing to pay for them. If they're toxic then no one will touch them and you're stuck trying to sell ice cubes to eskimos.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
no the web site was like denial of service attacked - just when I wanted to take some profits... I couldn't even place the order ... server was stuck on stupid... and well since we rely on computers... it seems like this might have been intentional... it was strange to say the least....

new topics

join