It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Number Comes After TRILLION?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

If you can fit that number on a check and make it out to me, that would be fine.

My bank (if it exists when the check clears) would love that deposit.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i think this is more education issue than "dimensional" or "consciousness" issue, seems they should teach us all this in like 5th grade at the latest.

ps, you know you can google this stuff right?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Anything is possible these days, the numbers just go on and on and on there is an infinite amount of numbers and and infinite amount of words you could make up so my latest statement is quite true

[edit on 9/26/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

you said "Aleph Null" is the smallest infinite number? Isnt that kinda like an oxymoron? infinite implys there is no limit. Yet smallest implies there is a limit in either dimension or its summary of representation. I would like to hear your reasoning about this and mebbe an explanation on what precisely Aleph Null is. Im intrigued, and in no way trying to sound sarcastic or put anyone off..I truly am wondering what this Aleph Null is and its interesting description.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
reply to post by Blaine91555

Dont forget about googolplex!!! pronounced Glue'Glue'plex
Just how many zeros does Glugluplex have? I think somewhere around 34-35!!!!

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 is googolplex!

However the numbers keep on going!

Hence IMO the highest number ever is 9!

9 is the highest number before we start back at zero. Im wonder why that is. beyond 9 we have no symbol or charater that creates a higher value other than going back to the root 10, 20, 30. Always back to the root.

Human logic is a trap. Which no one can escape!

Edit-- Im not sure if my spelling is correct on that.. Forgive me if my grammer is off.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by zysin5]

We have ten fingers and ten toes. Figure it out.....

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreadphil

you said "Aleph Null" is the smallest infinite number? Isnt that kinda like an oxymoron? infinite implys there is no limit. Yet smallest implies there is a limit in either dimension or its summary of representation. I would like to hear your reasoning about this and mebbe an explanation on what precisely Aleph Null is. Im intrigued, and in no way trying to sound sarcastic or put anyone off..I truly am wondering what this Aleph Null is and its interesting description.

It just popped into my head.

No. It is a way of expressing the cardinality of infinite sets (different sized infinities). The set of integers or primes, for example, which can be put into 1-to-1 correspondence (bijection) with the set of natural numbers; in other words you can number each element 1, 2, 3, etc. This makes it countably infinite and cardinality aleph-0 (null).

There is aleph-1, etc.

To make it easy on myself without straining too hard since I am not an adept in mathematics and number theory: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9/26/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I had this thought today before reading this post ...

once upon a time we dreamed of being a millionaire then a multi-millionaire,then I read that retire comfortable (luxuriously) you need $50,000,000.oo now it's Billionaire ... TPTB laugh at the chickens (cowards) that dance for a grain of hmmmm grain.

grow a vegi patch ,put up a chook shed and collect the rain for an unrainy day.

prays for the ATS honest people and against the filthy,fearful and disgraceful ATS adverts ... disgusting owners.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The number that comes after a Trillion is a Trillion and one.
Has this been said already??

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
yes, it has.

This is an interesting post, and has been keeping me entertained at work.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

heres a thought, on the assumption you just posted Bi (2) llion , how do we get Mi (?) llion? and also what the hell does 3 have to do with trillion? is it because its the third step up from a million? numbers and maths are fascinating theres something almost magical about numbers , its also a universal language but maybe its also the prison
i'll leave you to ponder that thought, good day.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Ah yes, this is what I expect from most people on here.. And I can say Im disappointed at many of you that you can not see the depths to this post.

Sure we have 8 fingers. 2 thumbs. and 10 toes. But all that says to me is that people are counting on their hands to figure out or make formula that suits their needs at the moment.

That is the easy logical trap that you are all caught up within. As I stated there is no escape for some of you out of human logic!

You dont fathom what I am trying to say.. Thus go back to counting yours fingers and toes there my friends, sounds like something simple that you can handle

Now as for our members who are not as mentally shallow.. Let me ask again why is 9 the highest number?

[edit on 26-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
simple...a trillion and one..-metahead

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Nine is far from being the highest number.
Did you ever wonder why we have 60 seconds in the minute and 60 minutes in the hour?

Welcome to the Sexagesimal, the Sumerian numeral system with sixty as the base.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

again.. Traped within human logic. The numbers and symbols you presented are repeats. Of a number system that goes threw 1-9.
After 9 it goes back to 0 with a 1 in front 10. Yes 10 is higher than 9.

The very system you present is much diffrent than our own. However key symbols repeat. There are only so many symbols for each number, and I understand the funtalmentals of this. If we had numbers and symbols for every high number, we would be lost in thought, we could never understand or take it into our minds to understand. However that is what Im talking about human parameters, and our lowly understanding of the truth of our minds, and math. We are still in the stone age of math. And these numbers serve for the minds who are bound by parameters.

However Im talking about something a big deeper here. Its the human parameters that Im trying to open up. Sure logically 9 is not the highest number.. However 9 in what ever system or lang. you want to use as your base. 9 is the last symbol in the number system.

You could make up something new for 10, or call it ten in written form.
But that doesnt change the parameter that we are collectively trapped within. If we can not break past 9. We will be stuck in a constant loop.
And we will never get past our human logic to understand more beyond this universe. We understand our universe as being numbers 1-9 and then put some zeros behind it to create a larger number, when in essence its our minds that give value to said number.

Our minds create the parameters, and people still are having a hard time trying to understand what Im getting at here.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
reply to post by Zenagain

Now as for our members who are not as mentally shallow.. Let me ask again why is 9 the highest number?

Quite simply, it isn't-- not as a base for a numbering system in common usage today. Just think about hexadecimal which is common in computer programing since it relates in a convenience way to base-2 (binary) notation.

0 0 00000
1 1 00001
2 2 00010
3 3 00011
4 4 00100
5 5 00101
6 6 00110
7 7 00111
8 8 01000
9 9 01001
10 A 01010
11 B 01011
12 C 01100
13 D 01101
14 E 01110
15 F 01111
16 10 10000
17 11 10001
18 12 10010
19 13 10011

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is entirely too confusing for me. Im gonna go smack myself in the face with a hammer and forget this whole thing.

What do we use numbers that high for anyway? Calculating oprahs weight? Or is it for counting how many burgers mcdonalds has sold? Oh well. I'll stick to billions as my max as I probably wont ever even see that.

-Z-

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Thanks Enlighten up! But I give up. You guys are missing my point.
9 is not the highest number.. However its the symbol and the mental projection of what it entails. In hexidecimal letters can equal numbers.
I guess I dont have the right words, or the right way to try to get what I am trying to say here.
But let me try again, this time I will use letters. A-Z

Thats human parameters. Im speaking about english this time around.
But each human thought has a level where it can not expand upon.
Becasue the system does not have a charater for it.

Such as what is past Z? What is past 9?
Im trying to convey human parameters, and trying to get people to break threw the prison of human logic.

Simply yes. 9 is a low number, and many values go way past nine.
However the number itself is the last in a series of charaters!
Such as Z is the last letter in the english charater system.

There is no system that provides us to go beyond these systems.
However with a little work, and focus you can understand that it goes way beyond 9 way beyond Z. And until then we can see we are trapped within parameters we can get no further mentally, spiritually!

Just as those stuck in the parameters of religion.

I guess I just over think things to much and you guys are trying to tell me something simple. when there is nothing simple about our human parameters.

This thread in essence was made not to see what is really beyond 1 trillion.
This thread was created to challenge our parameters, and our understanding of everything that is. such as we have a symbol for infinity, however none of us known what that really is? its only a symbol or a thought process that projects a meaning.
When if you can put yourself outside the human parameters you will see the little cage we all dance and play within.
I just want you guys to get out of the sandbox for one moment, and look at the scope of what this system has done to us. The system says it has an answer for everything.. Yet many solutions repeat. and go on for infinity. Parameters! break threw them! And then once you break threw those parameters, you will come to find you are bound by new parameters. This is the human logical trap..

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Million
Billion
Trillion
Quadrillion
Quintillion
Sextillion
Septillion
Octillion
Nonillion
Decillion
Undecillion
Duodecillion
Tredecillion
Quattuordecillion
Quindecillion
Sexdecillion
Septendecillion
Octodecillion
Novemdecillion
Vigintillion
Unvigintillion
Duovigintillion
Tresvigintillion
Quattuorvigintillion
Quinquavigintillion
Sesvigintillion
Septemvigintillion
Octovigintillion
Novemvigintillion
Trigintillion
Untrigintillion
Duotrigintillion
Trestrigintillion
Quattuortrigintillion
Quinquatrigintillion
Sestrigintillion
Septentrigintillion
Octotrigintillion
Noventrigintillion
Quadragintillion
Quinquagintillion
Sexagintillion
Septuagintillion
Octogintillion
Nonagintillion
Centillion
Uncentillion
Duocentillion
Trescentillion
Decicentillion
Unviginticentillion
Trigintacentillion
Quadragintacentillion
Quinquagintacentillion
Sexagintacentillion
Septuagintacentillion
Octogintacentillion
Nonagintacentillion
Ducentillion
Trecentillion
Quadringentillion
Quingentillion
Sescentillion
Septingentillion
Octingentillion
Nongentillion

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

You could use anything you want to represent the quantities up to any base you desire.

0=pizza
1=birthday cake
2=kiwi
3=teddy bear
4=t-shirt

You can have irrational bases like e and pi or sqrt(2).

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Well, that is really scary.

and cool.

Of course I have known the infinite distance between 9 and 10...but to have our whole basis of counting limited to 9 is really scary...it implies the idea of something that is very disturbing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join