It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Number Comes After TRILLION?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I am serious and have contemplated asking this on the forum for ever. I have asked everyone I know and have no real concrete answers.

My grandma said back in the early 1900's that a thousand was the number people understood and beyond that was just not really considered. She said that in a business course they were learning to write checks and the thousands place was as high as it went. She questioned it and her teacher poo pooed her making it seem as if a thousand was all she would ever really know.

I have thought about this for years and this has helped me to shape my perception of reality to an extent. I will attempt to explain and then my question.

We as a a part of the matrix (never used that term personally, yet it seems to fit), are only allowed to understand anything and everything to a point. Beyond that is considered or not even considered too far outside the acceptable box of the comfort zone of social acceptance. Just as in the past people were not to question the Bible, so too everything which is written on the wall of this reality has its cap. Any questions beyond that is unreasonable or childish and just shooed away.

Now I have been openly asking this question long enough for the reality to be shaped and opened. So here it is, what numbers come after trillion? I guess Gazillion, just a guess mind you, and short of asking a matematician this question, I have asked even a CPA and did not get the answer. If you doubt me, I urge you to ask 5 people you respect this question and watch their response.

Now, if any one knows the answer I would appreciate knowing, expanding my box so to speak. I think six would be sextillion, again a guess. How high can you count? How far out of the matrix of confinement do you go?

Infinity is not an option here, its a cop out.

One more thing, how many trillions can the Government discuss before the next level of understanding opens? At one point they only spoke of millions, then it became billions, now trillions are in the G.P. vocabulary, whats next? Do you know?

Please no trolling, as this is an important question and one that opens many other boxes which have been capped away from people, kept them controlled on a very deep level. You and I may struggle with this question, but do you seriously think those that are holding the puppet strings would hesitate for an instant with it?

Sextillion is not even in spell check... Once you have your answers be sure and see if you can google the number or spell check it.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion, septillion, octillion, nonillion, decillion, undecillion, duodecillion, tredecillion, quattuordecillion, and quindecillion.

In that order.

A thousand trillion is a quadrillion and so forth.

[edit on 9/25/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You have an answer, so why the grade-school test? I'm a bit confused by your post.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

WOW!!! That was FAST! You are a genius. I know this. Now, for you, what comes next? Serious now, you could have learned this in school, but what comes after? Let me say, I am going to have to study very hard to remember to the point you are because I am very behind. So, who has the knowledge to give us the next set of numbers?

I am off to take a screen shot of this and save it to favorites, write it in my journal, this is a very important day for me, thankyou, thankyou.

ATS is so much more than what people think.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

For you it is grade school, so please take my challenge, ask 5 people you know this question, and come back to me with your finding. Again, simply amazing.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wow, thats a good question. I just found out the other day that Google is a number.. I can't remember exactly, but I know its A LOT of zeros.. Maybe a million zeros??
So, if I am right and a google is a number with a million zeros, what comes after a google??

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
the answer is 1...

1 trillion and 1 then 2 3 up to ten then hundred then a thousand ..
and so on.

but 1 is the next number after trillion

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

You beat me to it

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
just google
www.jimloy.com...

Number of zeros U.S. & scientific community Other countries
3 thousand thousand
6 million million
9 billion 1000 million (1 milliard)
12 trillion billion
15 quadrillion 1000 billion
18 quintillion trillion
21 sextillion 1000 trillion
24 septillion quadrillion
27 octillion 1000 quadrillion
30 nonillion quintillion
33 decillion 1000 quintillion
36 undecillion sextillion
39 duodecillion 1000 sextillion
42 tredecillion septillion
45 quattuordecillion 1000 septillion
48 quindecillion octillion
51 sexdecillion 1000 octillion
54 septendecillion nonillion
57 octodecillion 1000 nonillion
60 novemdecillion decillion
63 vigintillion 1000 decillion
66 - 120 undecillion - vigintillion
303 centillion
600 centillion
hope this helps

edit to add case closed

[edit on 9/25/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

A google is 1 followed by 100 zeros ...

I believe it is the highest "named" number. (?)

[edit on 25-9-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Ahhh.. Gotcha. Thanks! I thought a million was a bit extreme lol. Still was very interesting when I found out. I never really thought of the meaning behind the word google.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
reply to post by KaginD

A google is 1 followed by a 100 zeros ...

I believe it is the highest "named" number. (?)

your not wrong there my friend a google is top dog

[edit on 9/25/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I looked in the dictionary I have and saw "trillium" followed "trillion". My feeling is that your grandmother had little use for that as well.

Just an alternative view.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
And after google comes yahoo, followed by msn, and askjeeves, etc.

Back on topic, I asked a couple of my friends and they all said a gazillion. Not sure why this matters though?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There are other big numbers with names. A zillion has come to mean an arbitrary or unknown large number. A googol is 10^100. A googolplex is 10^googol (10^10^10^2). This number is too large to write here without exponents. Skewes' number (gesundheit) is 10^10^10^34 was used as an upper bound in a mathematical proof. Recently 10^10^10^10^10^7 was used in a proof.

The googolplex has given rise to the n-plex notation: n-plex is 10^n. n-minex is 10^-n. Donald Knuth invented arrow notation, where m^n (^ is an up arrow) is the regular m^n. m^^n is m^m^m^m...^m, with n up arrows. m^^^n is m^^m^^m...^^m, with n ^^s. According to The Book of Numbers by J.H.Conway and R.K.Guy, chained arrow notation is the following enhancement: a^^^^^b is written as a>b>5, where > is a right arrow.

www.jimloy.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I say after a trillion American is truly screwed with it's deficient. I did know that quadrillion was next because I ask that question earlier today but thanks for all the rest of them Blaine & altered

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So if there is a Googleair, then they just cant get anymore rich? Numbers stop even for the top elite at google? What would a thousand google be then? When you hear of the richest people in the world, you never hear of a googleair, or any of the other numbers written above, they always say (for the benefit of the sheeple, a trillionaire). I think we have opened the next level of reality here. Has anyone turned to their partners or coworkers and asked my challenge question? How many had to look the answer up? How many knew off the top of their heads? How many have even considered these amounts? Ats is BRILLIANT! and we truly are creating a renaissance of knowledge, opening levels in our revolution to deny ignorance of the 3rd dimensional past.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp
And after google comes yahoo, followed by msn, and askjeeves, etc.

Back on topic, I asked a couple of my friends and they all said a gazillion. Not sure why this matters though?

Gave you a star for that one my friend. Too! Funny LOL

I love it here sometimes.
I wonder how long before our American debt reaches quadrillion?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

PRECICELY! That is the number "I" have said out loud to the matrix for a couple of years! The questions of the Universe are being answered here now and by the top elite of ATS. WaHoo!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Dont forget about googolplex!!! pronounced Glue'Glue'plex
Just how many zeros does Glugluplex have? I think somewhere around 34-35!!!!

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 is googolplex!

However the numbers keep on going!

Hence IMO the highest number ever is 9!

9 is the highest number before we start back at zero. Im wonder why that is. beyond 9 we have no symbol or charater that creates a higher value other than going back to the root 10, 20, 30. Always back to the root.

Human logic is a trap. Which no one can escape!

Edit-- Im not sure if my spelling is correct on that.. Forgive me if my grammer is off.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by zysin5]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join