It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the outrage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I find it odd that we care so much about 700 billion and Rumsfeld told congress in 2001 that they couldn't account for 2.5 trillion. Anyone even remember that or care. Are we just that sheeple that if it hasn't happened in the last 6 months we forget about it unless the TV blathers on and on about it? We are talking about close to a 1/4 of the national debt was just unaccounted for and it is an evening news piece. Now they want this tiny amount 700 billion and we freak. And the whole the taxpayer thing is a joke anyway, there is no law that says you must pay tax on your personal labor. They F us coming and going.

(CBS) On Sept. 10, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld declared war. Not on foreign terrorists, "the adversary's closer to home. It's the Pentagon bureaucracy," he said.

He said money wasted by the military poses a serious threat.

"In fact, it could be said it's a matter of life and death," he said.

Rumsfeld promised change but the next day – Sept. 11-- the world changed and in the rush to fund the war on terrorism, the war on waste seems to have been forgotten.

Just last week President Bush announced, "my 2003 budget calls for more than $48 billion in new defense spending."

More money for the Pentagon, CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales reports, while its own auditors admit the military cannot account for 25 percent of what it spends.

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion — that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America. To understand how the Pentagon can lose track of trillions, consider the case of one military accountant who tried to find out what happened to a mere $300 million.

"We know it's gone. But we don't know what they spent it on," said Jim Minnery, Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Minnery, a former Marine turned whistle-blower, is risking his job by speaking out for the first time about the millions he noticed were missing from one defense agency's balance sheets. Minnery tried to follow the money trail, even crisscrossing the country looking for records.

"The director looked at me and said 'Why do you care about this stuff?' It took me aback, you know? My supervisor asking me why I care about doing a good job," said Minnery.

He was reassigned and says officials then covered up the problem by just writing it off.

"They have to cover it up," he said. "That's where the corruption comes in. They have to cover up the fact that they can't do the job."

The Pentagon's Inspector General "partially substantiated" several of Minnery's allegations but could not prove officials tried "to manipulate the financial statements."

Twenty years ago, Department of Defense Analyst Franklin C. Spinney made headlines exposing what he calls the "accounting games." He's still there, and although he does not speak for the Pentagon, he believes the problem has gotten worse.

"Those numbers are pie in the sky. The books are cooked routinely year after year," he said.

Another critic of Pentagon waste, Retired Vice Admiral Jack Shanahan, commanded the Navy's 2nd Fleet the first time Donald Rumsfeld served as Defense Secretary, in 1976.

In his opinion, "With good financial oversight we could find $48 billion in loose change in that building, without having to hit the taxpayers."

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You know, this has been covered so many times before but while reading the synopsis again today something just stuck out like a sore thumb.

The general conspiracies say 911 was an inside job and most point the blame at the current administration (let’s say Bush/ Rumsfeld/ Cheney).
Somehow Rumsfeld’s announcement the day prior to 911 is used to support this theory. But something just didn’t sit well about that – never has.

If his words were sincere, and there was about to be a huge effort to look into the issue of military contract fraud, the events of the following day would make a heck of a lot more sense were it to be connected to the military/ industrial complex “drivers”. Plunge the country into a huge military crises that 1. destroys all evidence and interest in the fraud and 2. creates a whole new world of business for the military industrial contractors. Add to that the recent Reinhardt post and not only does the 2.5 trillion vanishing act go away, but so does the investigation into Enron scams. Even though the Enron scam was revealed and came crashing down, that makes it sound like Enron was the sacrificial lamb in the scenario. So in this scenario, take down the towers, destroy the evidence, plunge the country into increased military spending and patriotism, and stage a surgical strike on a military target to boot to ratchet up the fear and possibly send a message to any more whistleblowers.

So if this might have been possible, remove Bush and Rumsfeld from the direct blame path. Cheney ? I’ll leave that up to you.

In closing – I’m not a die hard conspiracy believer and wasn’t convinced 911 was an “inside job”. I try to keep an open mind to all possibilities and am in no way an expert on the events I’m discussing. Love to get some more informed views on the theory.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by maudeeb]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamsnatcher

Are we just that sheeple that if it hasn't happened in the last 6 months we forget about it unless the TV blathers on and on about it?

Seems like it.

Come the next administration, this and many other scandals will, I believe, become permanently the realm of conspiracy theorists and the alternative topics crowd. Only Congress can call hearings to launch an investigation but we all know how likely that is. Could important members of the Bush administration be investigated even after leaving office? Yes, but the likelihood is nil.

Come January 20th, the whole of the Bush administration will disappear like a thief in the night. It really is a crime.

reply to post by maudeeb

I'm something of a 9/11 conspiracist, but I've never heard of this issue fitting in with alternative theories, there just isn't any evidence aside from the very circumstantial date of Rumsfeld's announcement. If anyone has other info I'd love to see it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by maudeeb

Thanks for the reply, I'm not even talking conspiracy or 9/11 just the sheer sum of money is mind blowing, four times more than they are asking for to save us from depression, gone and no real questions as to where it went. Now they are asking for 700 billion and every channel on the TV is running it into the ground. Plus how about the 21 billion that was lost in Iraq, cash, gone, no one seems to care. you know I miss place 10.00 and I will spend some time looking for it. I just feel like I'm being taken to cleaners and the congressmen looking after us are just as bad as the rest. Really we all are being taken to the cleaners, and our kids and probably theirs.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Where is the outrage?

There is not going to be any outrage! And, you can thank Christianity, Fluoride, and mercury for it. That is, unless you are prepared to offer the people an alternative, its just not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
That 2.5 trillion probably went to build the underground city under the Colorado Airport.Where they can all hide when the bomb drops.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I am seeing outrage in large numbers, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I know for a fact Congress, Senate, th e White House & the Candidates are getting inudated, and it is (from sketchy news reports) doing something, like holding back this proposal while they work it out, but it's not solving the problems yet.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Talk about outrage ... same goes for the constant spraying day in and day out. As soon as the skies are blue, they are at it again.

I drove up the 5 all through CA and OR, and the haze is everywhere now, where there used to be areas where clear skies existed.

The "Chemtrail" spraying gets little attention in the media, which is probably owned by the very people behind the spraying. I am outraged! Our life depends on clean air to breathe, so the money thing doesn't outrage me nearly as much.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm not a conspiracy chaser, but I've survived a few ugly ones conducted by our military, and others who seemingly answer to nobody, but for that matter, who does answer for corruption in politics, military... I sit here and read all this with De'Ja' Vu all over and over. Knowing "we the people" will never take a stand about the issues we are reading in this forum. These thugs, mortgage scams, predators, and all the deceptions would make all of us shake our heads in disgust until we all wake up under something worse than this. The same thing the Germans found themselves under Hitler... who did nothing to stop the insanity going on in that nation, or time. Like it is clearly pointed out over and over, the people of the world are "sheep." Worse yet, they are sheep caught asleep from a lulled sense of "what can I do about it anyway." The answer is always the same, NOTHING.

I've looked at all that is being said here and shake my head in disgust with what is going on, but I'm not surprised. What can I do? Prepare for the obvious at best. Economic crash and chaos. I'm doing the best I can to be prepared for that day, when it comes, as it surely will. Unlike the prior Depression, we live in a "dog eat dog" society now that won't be like the prior depression helping each other survive. Take a real good look deeper into the news on a broader spectrum and you'll see it is true.

I've fought against those who "covered up" truths when I wore a younger man's clothes. We had no rank, no insignia's. We knew the truths discussed on here, some of us didn't survive the fight that resulted, when we were made to chose sides in the conflict at large. While I'm here, all these ufo activities mentioned on occaision, has anyone checked to see there are over 200 pages of US Patents alone on anti-gravity? Has anyone considered that the truth may be as simple as these ET's are nothing more than the very fallen angels kicked out of heaven? I've survived encounters and had no memory of them happening until witnesses tell me what they saw. A fight beyond belief, as you see, I'm still here. One book answers many of these questions we all see, over and over here. We also see the answers for the coming events. Sheep on the right, goats on the left. The sheep inherit the earth, and the goats go to hell. This battle is for our beliefs, our souls. That is exactly why we have the freedom of choice to believe or not believe, the truth.

It is said, "evil prospers while good men do nothing." We see clearly this is true. The constitution grants us the right to overthrow a government out of control, yet a law exists to arrest you if you participate in such a conspiracy? Our patriots are confused who and what exactly they are serving. They believe they are protecting our freedom, and indeed they are, with their lives. There are some who do more than others and learn truths, some would kill to cover up. Those are who I survived since Daddy Bush was in office. The movie Lord of War is based on a true story. Who is President at the time when the Soviet Union falls and proudly announced it on TV? The same one who stole all those weapons in the greatest hiest from the former Soviet Union, and sold them to Jihad warlords in Africa. There's truth, and a mere example of where all this money disappears to being discussed in this forum today. I unfortunately see where all this is heading us as a nation that has fallen long ago when it could no longer say the pledge of allegiance to our flag in school. Divided we fell. Some simply don't see this fact yet. May never see it.

I am a patriot to all that this nation was founded upon, including in God We Trust. A christian man who survived evils beyond the point I care to share online. So, it is obvious the choice I made on that day, when I had to chose sides in the national conflict we are in now, and have been in such for quite a while. ~ Moondog

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
That 2.5 trillion probably went to build the underground city under the Colorado Airport.Where they can all hide when the bomb drops.

Yup, listen to any Phil Schnider interview and get the details. It's the scariest stuff there is... on ATS... on the web... anywhere. Even the strangest aliens are not half as evil as the military/industrail complex. I'm a patriot and actually, an admirer of the NSA. I once had a contact experience and had a strong psychic connection with them. I fear the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Fort Mead and when the comets hit the fan, half the brass will run for the tunnels, say "thanks for the hard work" to the other half who had "no need to know," and leave the soldiers and jr. cryptologists to tough it out with the rest of us lowly creatures called, "human beings."

I never thought the 21st Century would be wrought with so many dangers. I still believe there's hope.

Paul

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

I think what Congress is attempting to do is to put lipstick on this financial PIG. Also, throw in a couple of what seem perks for the American families which in the end will not amount to anything.

top topics

join