It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interested In Lucid Dreaming & Astral Projection?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
so if i do a reality check like pull my finger and if it stretches long then i know im lucid dreaming.. what do i do next? if im in my room and everything is exactly how it is if i were to check my mothers room would she be in there?

Yeah reality checks are good, I once had several false awakenings in a row, each time I woke up thinking I actually woke up, but I was still actually not awake lol, so a reality check could have been good there

Things should be exactly how it is, but it also can be totally different, depending on your state of mind, how lucid you are,if your in the same hmm can I say dimension? or if your really are there.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
All im afraid of is if i get lucid seeing things that are scary that are really sudden. Like looking into a mirror, if i go in my moms room and theres a freaking skeleton on the bed, having something jump right in my face that has a weird looking face, something whispering things. can you speak in these dreams? like can i summon george bush in front of me and cuss him out? is that possible?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

All im afraid of is if i get lucid seeing things that are scary that are really sudden. Like looking into a mirror, if i go in my moms room and theres a freaking skeleton on the bed, having something jump right in my face that has a weird looking face, something whispering things. can you speak in these dreams? like can i summon george bush in front of me and cuss him out? is that possible?

LOL yeah I've also had those fears, they are still there in the back of my mind, but trust me, it can't do nothing to you, and yes if you focus you have control, if you see a scary skeleton, I'm guessing it's possible to make him wear womens underwear and start dancing, making it look like a fool.

You could probably cuss bush too lol. As you can see, that would probably not be real, because you created that situation, it would probably change from an OBe and more into a creation of your own mind, so you can see how it would be hard to tell what is real and what is not real when your mind is that powerful.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
so an OBE is just when everything around you is familiar, but when u start creating things that arent real it obviously becomes something else right? since you have the power to use your creative ability to make a new environment and fly and such.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

so an OBE is just when everything around you is familiar, but when u start creating things that arent real it obviously becomes something else right? since you have the power to use your creative ability to make a new environment and fly and such.

Yeah something like that, I think that's why they have different names, OBE and AP LD, AP and LD is probably more to do with other dimensions/worlds, where strange and amazing things happen, mutiple other dimensions and strange worlds, worlds of imagination, or worlds of reality, I say AP is everything else that cannot be described as an earth OBE haha

I'm not an expert, I'm still learning really, it's confusing to me. That's why I'm hoping to prove that it has a reality by reading the playing cards, but really that might make me more confused lol. Maybe there's some being I can talk to, to clear things up hahaha.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I know that every single time I have a dream where someone tries to harm me I turn lucid. I have achieved lucidity close to 100% of the time when a gun is pointed at me in my dream. For some reason I know its not real and I will catch the bullets in my hand or let the bullets ricochet off my body and laugh at the person shooting me because I will know its a dream at that point.

I have no idea why its 100% when that happens but I'm glad it is. This is the same when I have flying dreams as well.

The being shot at and catching bullets in my hand or letting them ricochet off me is very awesome haha I look forward to those dreams.

I have had a few lucid dreams where I have walked through walls, floors, and ceilings and even a couple where I teleport. Teleportation is a very hard thing to do in a dream.

I have also had the odd dream I think it was an astral projection where I fly across galaxies. I haven't had those since I was a kid though. And also I think I astrally projected to my old house where I grew up in but everything was different like a different dimension as there were weird colors in the house and everything was very odd. This might have been at a different timeline or something else, but it was very weird.

[edit on 9-28-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I know that every single time I have a dream where someone tries to harm me I turn lucid. I have achieved lucidity close to 100% of the time when a gun is pointed at me in my dream. For some reason I know its not real and I will catch the bullets in my hand or let the bullets ricochet off my body and laugh at the person shooting me because I will know its a dream at that point.

I have no idea why its 100% when that happens but I'm glad it is. This is the same when I have flying dreams as well.

It happens in nightmares too, i.e a monster is chasing you.

It's probably your subconcious mind saying "WAKE UP, YOUR IN TROUBLE!"
Which makes you become aware and lucid.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Have you ever had dreams of teleportation, flying across the universe, or walking through walls? I love doing this when lucid.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Have you ever had dreams of teleportation, flying across the universe, or walking through walls? I love doing this when lucid.

Yes to all, I flew up to the stars from earth, I felt the g-force, then I woke up and could still see the stars while I looked around my room for a few seconds.

Teleportation is great too. And I've walked through doors and walls, I have to focus thou, lol, walking through doors makes me worried about losing clarity.

Anyone ever wake up laughing at something funny? but can't really remember the dream.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Astral projection is HARD. Lucid dreaming is easy relative to AP. Those are just my opinions. If you are really interested in trying it another great place to start is here:

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

I went to his current site and it looked like he was just 'selling stuff', so I found the exact document I read that got me started. The topic is interesetd in so I wont really share any personal experiences in this thread unless asked specifics.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have been trying for lucid dreaming myself shakesbeer as you know, I have had some success and had 4-5 dreams where I was lucid even though I played more of the observer in the dream. Some of them I did change the world around me by moving buildings and so on but It was only a glimpse. These lucid dreams were random though, Not too sure what I did to trigger them off.

I always carry the intention to lucid dream but I feel it will just happen when the time is right. However lately I have been experimenting drifting into that dream state, when I do have sucsess in it I don't seem very lucid. I see many dream signs yet I don't seem to pick up on them.

So a few questions really.

Should I just let the lucid dreams come when they do, or should I drift into that dream state via meditation and so on?

How can I become more aware of my dream signs?

e.g. I always see "Wood" in my dreams and "Animals" that seem to talk to me or take to me. I have had lions, elephants, dogs, cats all come up to me and hug me or something. Yet I never think "Hey I'm dreaming"

Thanks for the thread some good advice on here so far.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Great posts man, and thank you for sharing & answering so many of the questions. It sounds like we have had similar traveling experiences & style. Very cool. Are you like me where you try not to let yourself have too much fun out in space or you start missing it too much?

I totally recommend using the technique Phoenix detailed. You can also do that to construct any other kind of dream-time experience you may want to get done while in a lucid state. The possibilities are endless.

reply to post by Gateway

Seems like Phoenix did a good job answering your questions there. The one thing I would add is during that time you wake up, use that to get information on your "target". So if you want to go the Grand Canyon for instance, browse a few pictures of it and maybe a map for example. That's a way you can use the residual imagery that may come up to help focus your will and wake you up to your intention to project to that location.

As far as OBE's go just thought I would add, that it is slightly different from from lucid dreaming and can be the same thing as projection depending on the context. Here's a video I did on 3 different types of OBE experiences I've had:
Where Am I? OBE Experiences Pt. 1

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

When I lived in my parents house back in the day we had a full-sized mirror at the end of the hallway right outside my bedroom. I used to go OBE and walk through that mirror. It was one of my favorite things to do when OBE. The sensations and feelings of passing through the cold glass into a void was very chilling, creepy but ultimately fun. I always ended up in a void, pure black, empty and peaceful.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81
Should I just let the lucid dreams come when they do, or should I drift into that dream state via meditation and so on?

It really is up to you and what you feel is more effective. What I would recommend to attain a higher level of dream control is this. Try to remember something about your dreams every night. If you can't do that, try to atleast remember having a dream every night. I would say consciously do that for atleast a good month or two & BE SURE TO WRITE IT DOWN IN YOUR JOURNAL. Even if it's "I dreamed of something last night"
just write something.

That doesn't seem like it makes a difference but it does, and I'll tell you why. Like I said earlier the more conscious will you focus into attaining dream control the more likely it will happen. Also when you do that conscious act of "dreaming" in a sense, you're creating "markers" or "points" within perceptual time which you can forever reference again associatively. This will broaden your ability to "time travel" so to speak.

So to sum up, gain conscious awareness that you do in fact dream every night and can access that truth at your will. Is one way better or more conductive? Not really, the main thing is focus & direction. You can focus on being lucid, but once you're there, then what? That's why you're probably finding yourself consciously watching the dream but not controlling it. Which in itself is a form of lucidity as you don't always have to consciously direct your dreams with a perceived "physical" body projection.

Maybe also try imagining your dream before it happens & put it in the present tense.

Originally posted by psycho81
How can I become more aware of my dream signs?

The best way to do that is to recognize what things truly mean to you in your waking life. For instance using the "cake" example again. If you don't like cake, you associate it with "disgust". What do you associate "disgust" with? I bet quiet a few things including mean and nasty stuff. That's why it's important to have a balanced perceptive on things like fear, or the signs start to change into something imposing.

Which is another way you can tell what your subconscious is trying to tell you by recognizing what it changed to. When dreams transition that means a divergence of pathways and hence reaction. Think associatively again, do any of the smilingly unrelated symbols actually connect associatively to your own past experiences or universal relation that would cause a similar reaction?

Yet another way for the more puzzling dreams: Practical associations
Remember as many nouns, verbs, and adjectives, as you can about your experience when you wake up. Then see where those fit or sync up with your waking life perceptions. For example, on the way home from work is there a "squawking" pop star's voice that moves you into action of switching the radio station? Maybe you'll have a dream later that night where a squawking duck in flashy sunglasses on a watch tower annoyed you so you fly away from it back to your house.

That's one example of how to recognize where you associate things in your life and what they might present themselves as in your dreams. I know I gave you these sites before but for those who maybe haven't seen them, here's two website with dream dictionaries that give you some good examples of common assocations with objects in dream-land. While these aren't spot on for everyone, it can get your own perceptions working in trying to determine your own personal associations to particular dream signs.

www.dreammoods.com
www.soulfuture.com

Here's another example: You see a a plain wood chair in your dream and want to know what it means.

Chairs generally mean rest to most of us. They also mean stability as well especially if the wood looks sturdy and not termite ridden. So just seeing a nice plain wood chair means you're probably at a point of rest & resolution with yourself as you feel a sense of ground stability.

If it was termite ridden, that would mean something else completely. Like maybe something within what you thought was stable is being eaten from the inside out.

Dream sign is difficult to sum up with "oh just do this!" kind of statement. Other then maybe this, our subconscious, the thing that primarily projects images into our consciousness, speak associatively.

I'm actually going to try to do a "how to interpret your own dreams" vid sometime very soon. A lot of this is just easier to say then write out or you literally can end up writing a book & I'm no author at this point.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

The void is sweet. You can get so much thinking done there as you're down to a single point of consciousness potentially 100% aligned with conscious/subconscious/super conscious(or higher self, or spirit, whatever)..plus it is ultimately relaxing like you said

When you're in the void, you can use that to pivot literally anywhere perceivable. Just another tip for whoever... if you find yourself awake in the void, consider yourself "out of body" and do whatever you want

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Hey thanks for the advice I will sure use that advice, yes them links have proven useful in discovering things about myself when interrupting dreams.

I think maybe me using the PC to log my dreams is not such a good idea, as by the time I get up and log onto my PC half of what I remembered has gone or changed when my mind wonders.

Once again thanks for the advice, also thanks to phoenix too. I can see this being a very useful thread for many. Keep up the good work shakes

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

It is a nice place to end up, it is from there that I have also experienced some of the most profound revelations about precognitive dreaming which btw, have you started to queue that in your sleep?

I had a good moment on Friday where I recognized a dream come true, and decided to tell my wife that I had dreamed this moment for the record. I told her I plan on telling her every time we are together and I have a dream come true.

Fortunately, I have proven it a couple of times to her, so she's not totally weirded out by the notion. More curious as to what more I know, and what I can do with that info, as in... for her sake, win the lotto... haha. I wish.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Yeah man, when I was in my early 20's I was literally seeing my day ahead of time almost verbatim save for minor difference (Like a person standing while saying something instead of sitting). It was actually pretty damn annoying. I believe that happened to me so that I would realize "Dude, you need to change your life or this is what it will all be to you..."

If anyone is interested in getting into precognition, look into what mentalist do. It'll help to develop your perceptual skills which will help you determine influence.

I stopped caring about "proof" to myself after I ran into my future self one night when I was finally like:

"If I see something weird here, all bets off, something truly odd is going on in 'reality'..." And I did, I saw myself a good 15 to 20 years in the future.

Personally I think that there is a convergence of sorts happening with what we can do there on the astral plane and what we can do here. Everything prior to that I rationalized away as simply "subconscious communication" which is right, but only up to a point. So those around me (family & friends) always knew I was kind of "weird" in a sense that I would call out things before they happened....then they would get mad at me for being a "know it all" when I was right

But seriously by the time I was 25 I stopped trying to prove anything to anyone because it just didn't seem like anyone cared -shrugs- Plus some of this stuff isn't really information you can necessarily "prove" very easily either. But what is cool is shared dreams. Like you mentioned proving the validity of the information in your dreams to your wife, my wife and I have had a couple of shared dream experiences which was pretty cool. It seems like it's easier for couples in many respects. Especially if one of you is a lucid dreamer and can consistently try to "wake up" your spouse's dream sign while on the astral plane. Either way, just doing that creates bridges or channels through space/time for you two to sync up.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Dream signs man, the subconcious responds to symbols more then words apparently.

try program your subconcious with the intent of lucid dreaming. Make a symbol for yourself and drive it into your mind throughout the day perhaps. Who knows, it might work?

It also deffinately helps to desire to lucid dream, as I was just saying to shakesbeer. I think I don't lucid dream much because I don't desire it enough (desire = energy). So again, this might involve you sitting down and really convincing yourself that you want to do it. It might raise your chances. I thought I'd never Astral Project. I tried different techniques and everything and thought it was something I couldn't do. When I eventually did, It was during a night where I hadn't even thought of it. In fact I went to bed drunk, so apprently it just took time to manifest. I did desire it, and it did eventually happen.

I imagine if you desire it more, it would become more frequent. Especially if it does become frequent, then its like expected, and also, more desireable.

We bring things into our life that we WANT. I'm the kind of person who is fine with everything so i'm having to develope this.. DESIRE force, manifestation comes slow for me.

A symbol though. I imagine it would be most effective. Perhaps something subliminal. A simple symbol..but perhaps somewhere hidden in plain sight is a message, your concious mind might not notice it, but your subconcious will pick right up on it.

I'd like to add that a few nights ago I tried following my conciousness as it fell asleep, and I can't explain it but it scared the hell out of me.. A sensation that was unfamiliar perhaps. lol. I tried to.. witness that transition from waking life, to dreaming, and my guess is it was something incredible that I wasn't ready for.

But I can go lucid when i wake UP..then fall back to sleep using this method... following my mind..telling it..dream dream dream, go lucid etc.. get sleep paralysis.. If you wake up from a dream, your 3rd eye is firing like crazy usually, and if you're still tired, go back to sleep, its a great chance to go lucid.

Ok jerry i contributed.
Now I gotta get back to work. I don't feel like posting on ATS for the moment but I did and do want to contribute to this thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Shared dreams are awesome, I have had shared dreams with 12 people since I last counted, who have managed to remember enough of a shared dream to affirm it was shared.

Glad you have had them too, one more step to seeing how dreams also cross into an objective realm.

I view the precognitive band of dreaming as a massive shared dream, the unified field so to speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join