It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interested In Lucid Dreaming & Astral Projection?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well I think this is a pretty good reason for my comeback shakesbeer

Brilliant interview my friend you answered some questions I was wanting to ask myself

I for one can say you have been a great help to me and I really don't know what I would of done without you. Well all meet for a reason "I can guarantee you that"

Anyway just a big thanks for taking the time out to help others. Much respect

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

Thanks a lot man I really do appreciate your praise & I'm happy to help. I've gotten so much fun and practical help from lucid dreaming I just want to maybe help others realize the same thing.

We all dream every night whether we remember or not, we're all capable of all of this stuff as human beings. The only thing that holds us back from acquiring the skill of how to lucid dream and/or astral project, is our own minds. As literally as possible that is very much a true statement.

Heh, it's a conscious choice to be conscious of these events(that just sounds funny
). It's an easy statement to say(but not 3 times fast
), but much harder in the practice. That's where the discipline comes in. Like making sure to have a journal of some kind. You can use a voice a recorder too. I'll probably be doing that on top of the journal myself very soon.

Oh and for those who are interested, I broke up and converted the interview portion of the show to a youtube vid:

part1:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Is it wrong to turn your lucid dream into a sexual quest? I mean sure it's fine to fly, uplift hills and replay scenes from Akira, but I usually just end up realising I'm in a dream (at the sight of an eclipsed moon with an aurora), request a hottie and have a go.... I'm so sad.

Also I have problems with lucid dreaming that I get transfixed on the notion that I'm going to wake up and then usually shortly after .... wake up, what can I do about this?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Nothing wrong with that at all. Some of us are just exceptionally horny, our dreams are a safe place to have fun in that sense. Plus you're never short a willing partner either.

As far as your self imposed alarm clock goes: try to remember time there isn't the same thing. If you remember you have to wake up, just remember that you'll wake up when you need to, or be sure to set an actual alarm clock that you trust next to your bed. I'm sure you're aware that you can have an immense amount of perceived time go by in "dream land" versus the global time here. So try not to limit yourself. Find tools like the alarm clock, or build dream construct(aka write it, or think it out) before hand so that you're focused on what you want to see rather then waking up for example.
________

Here's another tip for whoever as far as trying not to "freak yourself awake" as I call it sometimes when you realize you're dreaming and jolt yourself awake:

Try dissecting that rushing sensation you get that pushes you out. That usually stems from some kind of blockage or resistance in your belief system. "Wait, No I can't do this!?..." -ZAP!- you're awake now....

It's kind of like getting startled in your waking life. The more sort of grounded and confident you are the more energy it will take to startle you. As opposed to the person who believes every & all things are out to get them at all times. Basic affirmations put into the present tense can work wonders sometimes for this to, maybe try this one:

I am calm during lucid experiences

Just say or write that whenever you feel the need to or before bed. Remember sleep is easy, lucid dreaming should be easy, astral projection should be easy. It's essentially all the same function in a sense. You really don't have to study with the monks, or become a robe wearing disciple of a mystic school to do this stuff. Just a little effort here and there

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

I think you've misunderstood, I don't want to wake up but I understand I'm in a dream I then start to think, "you're going to wake up" so i can barely sustain a lucid dream for more than 20 mins or so without waking up.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I used to lucid dream a lot. I could naturally wake up in my dream by opening my eyes as wide as possible during the dream. Although once the method didn't work and I couldn't wake up for some time which worried me a fair bit at the time.
I've never tried to interpret my dreams to much of an extent although some are fairly obvious, I have dreamed about lots of things such as any current events that are large on world scale / or to myself personally.
Some of the things that I've dreamed about that have came true is death of loved ones...
The most disturbing dream of all is a dream I remember having at least once a year since I was around 11 years old (18 now) starts off with me hanging round with my friends, then a large asteroid will appear in the sky and start heading towards the ground near where I am.
The fear I have in those dreams is like nothing I can explain.

I'm interested in what you have to say, message me and we can exchange e-mails.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the links Shakesbeer, I'll make sure to check them out. I was getting quite interested in lucid dreaming a few months back, but for some reason I let it fall by the wayside.

The one time I managed to get lucid in a dream the feeling was pretty euphoric, so that's a good enough reason for me to try it again.

If anyone's interested, I used a technique I read about for astral projection where you listen for the faint ringing sound in your ears as you go to sleep. I'm guessing it helped, otherwise it was a pretty big coincidence.

Plus, LOL Spiteful God

That sounds like a pretty good way to spend your dreams.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

yeah I got that, that's why I said to try to remember time isn't the same thing over there etc. But here's an idea that may help...

Make an "astral clock" for yourself when you know you're in that situation. You can keep giving yourself 20 more minutes for instance. Or you can sync that "astral clock" up with you the waking life one and tell exactly when you need to get up without the use of an alarm clock(which is totally possible btw) & at the same time inform yourself that you have X amount of time left to lucid dream.

That hardest part is getting there for most. So if you're comfortable doing that. set certain "directives" as I like to call them to help you maintain stability. Like the clock thing. Since time seems to be your big hurdle (IE "Time to wake up") take a run at it by using your lucid dreams specifically to increase that lucid endurance so to speak.

When you say most of your lucid experiences only last about 20 mins, where are you getting that estimation of time? Is that how long it seems the dream lasted or is that how long you're seeing on the physical clock in between dreams?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am by no means experienced on the subject, but was extremely interested in the idea a few years ago!!

One of the techniques that really helped me have lucid dreams was constant reality analysis. Everytime something out of the ordinary happens, test weather you are dreaming or not, this should get your mind into the practise of regularly testing and should also start happening in your dreams!

Some of the cool tests I did was to switch a light on and off! (in dreams they wont work, neither should any electrical appliances) I sometimes tried to wave my hand through my leg (This was very practical and worked every time!)

A huge problem for me was maintaining control and conciousness within a lucid dream. One dream book I read suggested spinning around a few times when you feel you are losing conciousness. For some reason it worked and helped me go on with the lucid dream.

What amazed me the most about lucid dreaming was the sensations and realness of everything around me. For example wind brushing on your skin, taste, sound, touch, sight...they were all cristal clear and a lot more intense than any normal dream!

One thing that scared me in a lucid dream, was looking into a mirror once. I remember wanting to test out if my reflection would be the same as in real life. When I did get to test it there was a reflection of someone behind me, but when i turned around, no one was there. Not sure what to make of that.

I havent experimented nearly enough and should really get back into it!!

OP, thanks for bringing it back to my attention!!!

Ps. I attempted to listen to your show but it was quite hard going, audibly wise, I will try later with headphones.

All the best and thanks again!

(Please mind my spelling, I was typing quite fast)

[edit on 9/27/2008 by corvin77]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
If you want to lucid dream, May I suggest one of these. I found it to be very effective.

Novadreamer on Ebay

I would not get a nova dreamer. Its much better to learn to lucid dream without a device. Just start a dream journal do reality checks and lucid dreams will come.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

Here's another tip for whoever as far as trying not to "freak yourself awake" as I call it sometimes when you realize you're dreaming and jolt yourself awake:

Try dissecting that rushing sensation you get that pushes you out. That usually stems from some kind of blockage or resistance in your belief system. "Wait, No I can't do this!?..." -ZAP!- you're awake now....

Not sure how relevent this is but maybe someone will be interested.

I have occasionally had lucid dreams that I cannot easily wake up from - when I deliberately zap myself awake (sometimes from a non or semi-lucid dream) I have "woken up" into another lucid dream, which usually begins in my own bed.

When something happens to indicate that I am actually still in a dream the experience can become very...confusing, and was downright scary the first time, as I was in my bedroom and could clearly remember the previous dream and waking up from it, but what I was seeing was clearly not based in the everyday physical reality.

With some effort I can then zap out of that particular dream in a second attempt to awake...but end up in another dream, and another and another...I've always come back eventually though (so far)

It's only happened to me a few times but it always results in a day or two of not being sure whether I am dreaming or not, then the feeling fades away and waking life regains its usual solidity.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
hey shakes im really glad you made a thread about lucid dreaming. Iv been on and off with it. Iv tried it for a couple of weeks and haven't gotten in the actual state but iv gotten the vibes which i guess is pretty common. My dilemma is that when i get the vibes its so overwhelming i kinda freak out and wake up. I also have a fear that if i get in the state of lucid dreaming and look in a mirror ill see a really freaky face. i just kinda have a phobia with mirrors and such. i guess the overall fear comes from trying the first time which i can relate to anything. But usually once i try something i get the hang of it and it becomes a second nature, perhaps you can help me overcome this and maybe your show will help me i want to try it tonight. thanks a million.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by js281

Wow the synchronicity of finding this thread today amazes me. I was having semi-lucid dreams today and once I woke up I realized how daily life is just another dream, and through expecting and willing different things (just as I do in lucid dreams) I should be able to change my reality. The only problem is it seems to take a lot more effort..
I used to lucid dream a lot as a kid and I once had the exact same experience of forcing myself to wake up and ending up in another dream.
Very trippy

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Gamechanger]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gamechanger
reply to post by js281

Wow the synchronicity of finding this thread today amazes me. I was having semi-lucid dreams today and once I woke up I realized how daily life is just another dream, and through expecting and willing different things (just as I do in lucid dreams) I should be able to change my reality. The only problem is it seems to take a lot more effort..
I used to lucid dream a lot as a kid and I once had the exact same experience of forcing myself to wake up and ending up in another dream.
Very trippy

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Gamechanger]

Synchronicity strikes again

Yeah, you've pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter as well. I think the daily life we see is really just a more...hard-wired form of dream, one that we all share.

As far as it taking a lot more effort, my thinking is that changing it would not only require that you believe (on a number of levels) you can do it, but as we are sharing the world with others, they would have to believe you can change it too. The placebo effect, just on a bigger scale.

And yeah, it is trippy! Out of interest, do you remember anything about the dream you ended up in as a kid?

You might also be interested to read this essay by Michael Talbot, there are some very interesting ideas around at the moment regarding this line of thinking, and I find this guy tends to sum it up nicely.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by js281]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Some of the most lucid dreams i ever had were during bouts of sleep paralysis, ranging from fevered, half awake states, imagining entities and figures and distorted sounds..... and then in the same week, a beautiful dream with enhanced 'super colour' and the freedom to soar down mountain sides and swoop and dive through the air.

Both very powerful experiences...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

Good suggestions on the checking during waking life, the more conscious markers you can leave yourself the more likely it will be you can wake yourself up while dreaming. Watch out on the light switches and clocks though, they can work but not always, it depends on the context of the dream or if you just make them work.

reply to post by js281

Start doing the waking-life checks like Corvin suggested, that will help you recognize that you are dreaming better in those types of situations. It helps to keep you grounded which is sounds like you might need.

reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

Yeah that vibrating can be freaky, I like to think of it as a ride
It helps you get through it. Actually here's another thing you don't hear often, but if you jolt yourself out of a dream, and want to go back, it's actually pretty easy to just jump back into that state without the "buzz". You notice you felt different during that transition, not the buzz but an almost liquid-y feeling(it can vary person to person but generally things seem "hyper real")? Remember that feeling while trying to "jump" back into sleeping. Many times you'll find yourself flipping into astral consciousness. Ultimately you got to remember that that vibration isn't physical, your body is just fine, and it's an energetic expression of a shifting of conscious states.

reply to post by Gamechanger

Yeah man, that appears to be true enough. I'm a subscriber to the hyper dimensional physics model that has predicted this energetic influx onto the earth as well as the other planets and more to come as the torsion fields increase with the aligning planets. It's theorized by some (myself included) that with the universe "turning up the volume" on our light/energy is causing a sort of "Convergence" of this plane and that "astral plane" in a sense. David Wilcock another very strong lucid dreamer, scientist, spiritual-dude, explains this very well in his 2012 enigma video as well as some other cool astral plane stuff on his other interviews.

David Wilcock "Future talk" Interview on Project Camelot Part 1:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Great post Shakesbeer,

I've been able to Astral project a few times now, but its a hit and miss with me. Any advice as to how to consistently being able to do it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-G

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway

Greak post Shakesbeer,

I've been able to Astral project a few times now, but its a hit an miss with me. Any advice as to how to consistently being able to do it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-G

I haven't had one for a while now, but I used to have it a lot when I focused on it more. If I had one, I could easily have several in a row, you know if the experience ends, you can easily get back into the state if you don't move. Anyway this is how I do it.

OBE Technique: Simple but takes a lot of focus power.

Wake up 2 hours earlier than usual, do something for 20-30 mins, anything, browse ATS etc. For me doing this alone will make you 10 times more likely to OBE!!

Now after the 20-30 mins, go back to bed, and lie down on your back.

There are two different things I do at this stage, depending on which I want to focus on.
1. I simply keep my mind awake and let my body fall asleep, watch myself fall asleep. But how can I stay aware? My mind always drifts off! The solution is this: Watch, watch the darkness from behind your eyelids.

Focus on the darkness, you want to start to see patterns and images appear, don't try to imagine or think about what you want to see, just simply watch. As you relax and get closer to sleep, images and patterns start to appear and become more vivid, a sort of 3d blackness, at first you don't see much, but the closer you get to sleep the more images and patterns you start to see and the more alive it becomes.

Eventually if you focus on the images, they will become so vivid that your mind if still aware will start notice how vivid they are becoming, when they get this powerful, this makes you realise that your mind is still awake and your body is just about to fall asleep. This is when the vibrations or buzzing noise starts, usually you also experience paralysis, because now your body is asleep.

Now when this happens, you will know it's time. There are many ways to leave now, imagine being somewhere, or focus on leaving your body and floating out, or rolling out, or sometimes I get an image in my mind like a Cinema screen, and I just go inside the picture.

2. I've written more than I wanted to so Ill make this quick lol. When you go to sleep and it's all quiet, some people can hear a faint buzzing noise. Similar to what you might hear on a empty channel on tv. This is the other Focus point for your mind. This noise I think is actually the buzzing noise you hear when you get that trance and your ready to leave your body.

What I do is simply focus on the noise, stay relaxed, let your body fall asleep, but keep focused, if your mind hasn't drifted off, you should realise at some point, that the noise has become MUCH louder much more intense, more and more until you feel parylised and it's time to leave!
I learned this one by myself, it's how I got my first OBE.

I believe this powerfull noise happens every time at the moment we fall asleep, it's just that usually we are not aware, our minds is drifting off somewhere else.

Hope this helps a bit. Remember it's MUCH easier if you wake up after sleeping and stay up for 15-30 mins and then try it.
Maybe some of you can remember a time when you woke up and then went back to sleep half an hour later, and then had vivid dreams etc.

Peace.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Awesome!! Thank you Phoenix!! I'll try your technique, tonight.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Awesome!! Thank you Phoenix!! I'll try your technique, tonight.

Your welcome, it's all about will power. Lately I've been pretty bad at keeping focus, one second I'm focusing on staying aware and watching the blackness etc
The next second I'm daydreaming about mickey mouse, family, the daily events or some other random stuff lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join