It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interested In Lucid Dreaming & Astral Projection?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let those know who are interested know about a blogcast radio interview I'm doing today about Lucid Dreaming. For those of you not familiar with lucid dreaming, a glib definition of it would be "conscious dreaming". I was born with that ability and within the past few years I realized it wasn't a "normal" thing for most. So I figured I'd do what I can to help others do this themselves. I'm pretty excited as I am having my first interview by investigators in the "paranormal" world about lucid dreaming on Paranexus Universe blogtalk radio show, Tonight at 8-10pm Eastern. I'll be talking about tips on how to interpret your own dreams as well as ways to "wake up" in your dreams.

Here's a link to the main paranexus site, they have a good amount of information on there as well:
www.paranexus.org

They archive their shows for later listening too. Actually they just had a great interview with the owners/reporters of Project Camelot (everyone's favorite whistle blower website) Bill & Kerry.

I've posted quiet a few of my own experiences here on ATS for those interested in reading about some of my various "astral exploits" so to speak...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

That's great to hear. Have you had any lucid dreams that have come true? What are your experiences with precognition?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
heh...man if I hadn't quit smoking, this would be the point where I'd light up, shake my head, and say....man, I don't even know where to start

But yeah, strong precognitive sense. I don't use it that much though, because at best it turns into a "good guess" to someone. So I keep feelers out there to make sure there is no immediate danger, but that's it. That way, when I get information about the future at large, it's very universal in it's delivery, so it makes it easier to determine the source of the antagonistic energy.

And yes, I know how to manifest my dreams...it's an interesting discipline. I call it a discipline because you have to effectively "sync" yourself up to a chain of events or "time line" to some.

Feel free to ask me whatever, this is a convolutely complicated subject that takes a fair amount of explanation as dreams are multiple contextual.

How about you? Have you had much lucid experience?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Hey, do you know what time this would be in the uk?

tried the link and it seems to work fine in uk...so thats good.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I believe that's 1am for you guys. They do archive the shows so you'll be able to get to it afterwards too.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Shakesbeer Thanks for your thoughts on Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection, I really enjoyed the experiences you shared.

I will U2U you for specific questions regarding LD/AP!

Thanks once again.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hey thanks, here's a bit more elaboration of some of the tips I was talking about:

Subconscious speak associatively. Meaning that it remembers and projects images to you based on how you associate things. So if have a dream of cheese cake, and love cheese cake, I'm sure you'll gobble that up and think; hey that was a great dream! but if you hate cheese cake, that dream will repel you. But at the same time, "cake" is also associated to food, sustenance, nourishment, celebration, sweet, baking, just to name a few, and I haven't even talked about "cheese"

So why everything gets so convoluted? That's what it's important to really know who you are and what your subconscious associations really are. Either way, the more you try to lucid dream, the more these things will make themselves known to you.

astral projection means : projecting your consciousness to a location other then what you would identify as the physical body's location. Time and place don't matter.

Remote View means : gathering information from a far.

Yes astral projection and remote viewing can border on each other, but generally remote viewing doesn't involve any "front loading" or any prior knowledge of the target, or very specific knowledge to determine unknowns. Astral projection is more of like you deciding to go the beach and you had an interesting or relaxing time.

How to build a dream through intention, one method:

Write down your intention on a piece of paper such as: I want to see the great pyramids

if time period is important then write that down too. If you want to experience the transit to the location, write that down too.

Put it somewhere you'll remember, some place convenient. Or you can also put it in an obvious place if you feel you need or want extra conscious reminders or "markers" as I call them too.

Before you go to bed, reiterate that desire or intention to project (or lucid dream, as it's the same process) along with some kind of empowering statement like the one I suggest: I remember my dreams & feel rested & energized

and see what happens. If you don't have success the first time, try again. IF you remember having any dream, write it down. The more you make dreaming a part of the conscious reality (not like you have to think about it all the time, just a quick journal entry is fine)the more success you'll have because you'll be creating more "markers" to help wake yourself up during the "indexing"(or daily review) phase of sleep.

You might see your intention shown to you again in a different way. For instance, you may not "wake up" and "project" to giza, but you might wake up the next morning remembering you saw a post card from Egypt. That means you're getting close in the very least, if you're lucky, you might just have a full blown completely lucid projection.

Or sometimes you might be dreaming and you'll see a that postcard maybe, not really aware you're dreaming, but that is an oppotunity to remember: Hey! I'm dreaming! Oh yeah! I want to go to Giza!

and off you go

Yes it is as easy as a thought there.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Lots of experience with lucid dreams, out of body experiences, precognition, its a fascinating study. I actually got kind of bored with it after doing it for so long, for so many years. Just ran out of things I wanted to do, at least, for the time.

Now I am more interested in seeing reality as a dream, I enjoy that state of realization a lot. The Physical Dream

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
hell yeah man I'm with you, I'm all about the implied convergence that's going on right now so I am very much interested in the thought-to-3D Bridge that everyone is questing for & seeing on the horizon with science and "spiritual" approaches. I'm actually talking with another strong dreamer about an idea to give us some passion and direction for this again. It involving projected intention to heal the earth like some of the mediation experiments but with dreams. I can u2u if you'd be interested? Eventually I'll be making a thread on that project too.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If you want to lucid dream, May I suggest one of these. I found it to be very effective.

Novadreamer on Ebay

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

That's really cool. How often do you use it? I have been wanting to try something like that myself, I would love to hear about any experience you have using the equipment...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Oh wow, that looks so cool!~ I would love to lucidly dream, and astrally project. I attach great importance to my dreams, they hold much meaning for me. I have a lot of dreams, probably because I get up a lot during the night. But I know there has to be something to them, more than just randomness.

I trust my instincts they rarely fail me. I know I have the ability to take my psi abilities much farther, but it is a long learning process for me. I feel as if I need some direction, because I really don't know how to direct it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Sure sounds good. I have succeeded in bridging lucid dreaming with precognitive dreaming and have been able to influence changes on the precognitive dream. The changes have happened here so I am very aware that we can direct the precognitive dream with dream control.

I am starting another cycle of exploration of this, queuing my intent on this layer nightly.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

awesome, I'm sure you know how big of a role we'll be playing here. This should be very cool. I would love to hear more about your project either here or in private if you don't mind sharing?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I'm quite open about discussing theories and experiences, I do have a precognitive dream thread and it does reveal some of the experiences I have had with it and lucid dreaming

Precogniive Dream Thread

It should give you some of the framework and approach that I have used.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
A key to lucid dreaming is to tell yourself every night before bed repeatedly. I am dreaming. I am dreaming. I will be lucid. I will be lucid.

As most of the time the setting of your dreams will be your thoughts right before you fall asleep. Repeating this phrase every night will help you achieve lucidity.

Another tip which has worked for me in the past is when you are awake look at your hands at a certain time each day for a week or so and then when you are dreaming you will eventually look at your hands and become lucid. Also if you have a flying dream try to tell yourself this is not possible in the real world and you must be dreaming... then take control of your dream and do whatever you want.

[edit on 9-26-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I read on a forum for lucid dreams that drinking apple juice can aid lucidity.
The idea is to have a normal 5 hours of sleep, set the alarm clock and get out of bed for a while, maybe 20 minutes, (I get up for about an hour) then, before returning to bed, drink a large glass of pure apple juice.
There are a number of products advertised on the net, such as galantamine and choline. Just google 'lucid dream pill.'
I haven't tried the apple juice yet, but will be doing to-night. There are a number of dreamers who swear by it. I tried galantamine, but it didn't work for me, however, there are hundreds of people raving about it, so I guess I'm just unlucky.
Again, it is advisable to wake after 4-5 ours, stay awake a while, before you take the pill, then go back to sleep. I could go into the whys and why nots, but any -one serious about taking pills to aid lucid dreaming is going to research anyway.
Fascinating thread, as was 'You are dreaming's'
Worthy of a flag me thinks.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
CPYK - good advice. I also suggest putting affirmations in the present tense when possible as our subconscious understands literal associative references. That way "waking up" becomes more automatic, when we include the time reference of "will" you're leaving it purely up to your consciousness to recognize the situation. Using more present tense intentions you'll just find yourself "there" & "awake" many times. But looking at your hands is definitely a good "check" or "marker" if you're doing it in your waking life for sure. Or another method that's similar that I use from time to time to is, if there's a particular action that I want to see in my dream: Let's say I want to be superman in dreamland taking off into the air. To help leave a marker as well as a perceptual reference, I would hold that image of me being superman in my mind and take a few quick steps as if to lift off of the ground. Just a quick action is all it takes. Like I was saying this action my show up in the indexing phase of your sleep or might show up as residual day image that gives you a chance at "waking up".

Ash - waking up after being asleep and holding the thought of the dream you want is a very effective method juice or no juice. I've never specifically tried apple juice to see if there was any effect, but the waking up and going back to sleep method is definitely one of the easier ones. It doesn't have to be any specific length of time really. The trick on that method is the focus and the incubation of thought. Usually drinking something before sleep helps because it will wake you up in the middle night like we're talking about, but also while dreaming you'll get that "I have to go to bathroom sensation" sometimes that you can use to wake yourself up too.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Right now I have a carton of apple juice by my bed. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't tried it yet, but I think, if it is a tried and tested method of becoming lucid, then go for it.
I don't much like apple juice.... but what the hell, one has to try.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
give it a whirl, it's all about the power and focus of the will really. If you believe it helps you, it will no matter what. Our minds are that strong. After all the "placebo effect" is the strongest drug & cure known to man, what does that tell us?
But drinking before going to bed will generally make you realize you have to wake up while sleeping, so it probably will work for to some degree which will be very cool I'm sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join