It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Philadelphia officer killed, 1 wounded on duty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

1 Philadelphia officer killed, 1 wounded on duty

news.yahoo.com

PHILADELPHIA - A city police officer pursuing an armed suspect Tuesday afternoon was fatally shot, the fourth Philadelphia officer to die in the line of duty in the last year, authorities said. Another officer was wounded and the suspect was killed.

ADVERTISEMENT

The officer who died, Patrick McDonald, 30, was shot in the chest, Mayor Michael Nutter said. The other officer, 35-year-old Richard Bowes, was shot in the leg. He was in stable condition and expected to be OK, Nutter said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I know alot of us here have problems with police officiers. I myself have harassed by my share of bullies on power trips, but that was mostly suburban cops with to much time on they're hands. This is the 4th Philly cop to die this year lets take some time to appreciate that there are good cops out there and this is the type of sh*t they have to deal with.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There are good cops, and that's what makes it so tragic when people can no longer trust the police in general. What's happening in this country right now is almost textbook sociology, given the coming economic collapse and all the corrupt politicians and fascist laws and everything else.

Police are becoming more and more a symbol of oppression than anything else. Anyone who has seen the video of what happened at the RNC knows this. This is especially true in large cities like Philadelphia, where I'm sure there are parts of town no cop really would want to visit in the first place. Even if they have the best of intentions, the people that live there tend to think differently, and just the seeing a cop in those places is enough to start trouble lots of times.

Even in the small city I live in, I've noticed the number of police out during the day has greatly increased, supposedly because they are trying to rake in more money from citations to support their agencies (their wallets hurting like everyone else's). This kind of pressure on the public is bad all around, for everyone.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I agree... I've been stopped and harassed by various police officers for various reasons. (Some justified others, not) While I don't condone the ones on a power trip.. there ARE some good ones out there. Probably more than most people on here would like to believe.

Philadelphia is a very tradgic case of a city that's really out of control with its violence. This latest cop killing was extremely bad. (the douche bag stood over the cop and shot him some more after killing him... or that's what I heard on the radio at least)

It's a shame

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
When I see stories like this, it makes me wonder what the cops were doing. It's not like people go around looking for cops to kill. That's just stupid. And with all the corruption going on lately (and we only hear about the ones who get caught), it doesn't surprise me to see that yet another person snapped.

Who's really to blame? The "perp" or the cops? I won't make an assumption either way. But it's naive to assume that cops are always the good guys.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This guy was out of jail for one month he was incarcerated for carjacking people after he got out he was wanted for assualting an officer so when he got pulled over during a routine traffic stop he started shooting the officer wsnt doing anything but his job this perp wasnt a person he was an animal with a history of violence even in jail he should have never been let out

people do do incredibly horrible things for no reason

[edit on 25-9-2008 by WisdomInChains]

new topics

top topics

join