It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US agrees to Wall Street bail-out!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So Elite NWO family businesses loose money (or rather it’s leaked into their other businesses). So this made-up money disappears. Then they get their made-up money back from the Fed (who make up this loan money ) and hand it back to the Elite NWO families and you the tax payer will use your real money to fund all this (by having less real money). Then you have sheeple thinking that this is a good thing because you've been told by the 'experts' that it was necessary to stop the Elite NWO banking families (those with 10’s 100’s of plundered Trillions) going out of business? Did I miss anything? Didn't think so!

Anyway, good luck with your MTV-Heros-24-Desperate House wives, CNN, Fox …… may be your next president will be independent from the NWO?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This bailout is like putting a band-aid on a bleeding aorta.

Its destined to fail while creating trillions more debt and will drive our dollar to nothing. Happening right now: The world is loosing confidence in our banking system. The gig is up.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Its great to know that my letters to the senators and congressmen were worth my time. I just have to face the facts.. They don't care about what the people of this country want or think. Whatever.. Lets all stand by and watch the chaos now. What are they going to do when this don't work?? Or if it only works for a couple months??

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there's a vote scheduled? I'm curious to know if they plan to have this resolved today or might it go to Monday...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

I have a hunch this will not even touch the dire economy. They said it would work. They are the financial geniuses, supposedly.and the thieves)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No vote scheduled as of yet.

They plan to sit down with the President today at 4:00 to discuss this and with Paulson at Treasury to discuss it.

House Republicans are saying they haven't agreed to anything yet, though.

"House Republicans have not agreed to any plan at this point," said John Boehner, R-Ohio, minority leader.

Source

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Betcha it wont be until Monday. McCain is sweating bullets.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I guess it doesn't matter that 80% of Americans say a big fat NO!!!! to the bail out. Or the fact that CNN is being swamped with thousands of emails from people saying NO!!!!

This damn government is going to pass what ever bail out bill they want because in reality "we the people" have no say in the matter...they rule our tax dollars.

I hate to say this but it's true...I think it's time we take up arms against those in Washington, get these people out of power, and start over before it's too late.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Anyone find out if the $700 billion is for mortgage related debt or the all encompassing "bad debt." If the wording is bad debt, that means they can use the money for debts that are not related to the subprime mess.

This is a major distinction becasue if the govt can buy other bad debts, they are furthering the interference with companies' balance sheets.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Although I may disagree about taking up arms at this point, I agree something needs to be done. Last I checked these people are supposed to be representing us, THE people, not doing whatever they want. Clearly if this passes with the polls showing a vast majority of Americans against it, we have lost.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

What else is left? Honestly, we voted in a democratic congress when we were upset with the war, and what have they done? Now, people are writing them like crazy with 80% disapproving this scam, and again, what have they done?

What else is left?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101

Looks like it's gonna happen ...

Exactly...its a scripted story where the majority never had a voice.

The only voice anyone really has is how they react... "in life we all have trouble, but when you worry, it makes it double...dont worry, be happy."

Ever notice that things like this always have an urgency and a whirlwind of fear...thats what its all about...it an energy...and its getting fed.

Starve their need for drama...ignore it and be content...after all, what can you do to change whatever it is they are going to do...if the change doesnt first come from within?

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
NOOOO!!

Forgive me for my large use of the word no!! But its how I feel!! We had no choice! WE had NOO CHOICE!
It was either this, or nothing!!

How can I be expected to keep paying my taxes, and paying these theives off! Theives and liars!! While my hands are shaking while I type this..
I should cool off a bit before I type more before I say something I would otherwise regret, or make myself look foolish..
But this has turned the tides for some of us.

Take up arms? Take matters into our own hands once again like our ancestors have done so many times? And then what? We win and take it back, only to have a later generation piss it all away???

Freedom comes with a cost.. And most of you have forgotten..

They will not leave us alone.. They will never leave us in peace.
Many of us will have to die. Many of us will just have to finally stand up and say enough!!!! Does that make me seem a little outrageous?
Or make me seem like a terroist? Becasue I want to stand up for the real truth of freedom!!!

People dont want freedom.. They just want to have the freedom to live in peace and to be left alone!!!

Or do we just let them walk on us.. And take everything we have?
Let them destroy us?
Sometimes I think thats what we are doing as a collective. WE are letting them take what they want.. As somewhere deep down we are tired of fighting and killing for thosands of years!!
WE are tired of trying to fight to make peace. Its only partly worked in the past. And only lasts for so long until the rules are forgotten, and another generation comes into play, and gets lost in their TV shows. Video games, I pods, myspaces, and God knows what ever!!!

I guess we are going to let them strike us down? As prehaps the only way to win is too let them destroy us all.. As we will become more powerful in the afterlife?? Who knows but I get the feeling everyone has put their heads in the sand, and let the tracks roll over our lives!!

We are dead now.. And nothing can be done to stop this. Dont take it from me, I was just upset.. I dont call for you to take up arms.. I dont want more blood shed.. WE are tired as a people.. And we are sick of death to make peace..
Prehaps we are doing the right thing be doing nothing?

People think of the word Anarchy, as meaning chaotic disorder, or else they confuse it with a sort of extreme libertarianism. The bomb throwing Bakunin or John Galt in a backwoods cabin. Neither view is wrong but I want to come the label for a utopian vision of my own. Whereas most political ideas come with the notion of imposing a change on society so as to improve people lives, my suggestion is for a process which would improve people so that a better society evolved naturally. A process of individual transformation over a long period of time, leading to a world which can be reached by either revolution or the institutionalised self interest of the markett

[edit on 25-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

What else is left? Honestly, we voted in a democratic congress when we were upset with the war, and what have they done? Now, people are writing them like crazy with 80% disapproving this scam, and again, what have they done?

What else is left?

Honestly, I don't know what else is left, I'm just a firm believer in peace. Even if we did take up arms, who do we have to blame? Who would we go after? Not everyone in the government is involved, and I could never kill someone who was innocent. We want things to change but killing will solve nothing.

Besides, we are in nothing we can't bounce back from...yet.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Big surprise. The PTB are pushing this through regardless of what the people want. Like I (and others have been saying for some time now), they don't even pretend to have our interests in mind anymore. It's pretty obvious what's going on.

It's high time this world experienced some karmic rebalancing.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekingAlpha
Anyone find out if the $700 billion is for mortgage related debt
or the all encompassing "bad debt."
If the wording is bad debt, that means they can use the money for debts that are not related to the subprime mess.

exactly... what the 'TARP' bill is about is saving the financial institutions/banks/brokers who created the 'complex securities' like derivatives & credit-default-swaps and CDOs... and suddenly find theirselves in a 'Crisis', only because Leahman and AIG both collapsed in one week. [did you notice a 'credit Crisis' before those major holders of CDS went bust?...No, we only seen a credit crunch/slowdown caused by mortgage payment failures...but no 'Crisis']

the bill only gives lip-service to the sub-prime mortgages, because those and many other types of crazy mortgages are already being (slowly) fixed as each mortgage holder goes to the already bailed out Freddie/Fannie mortgage makers to get a reworked mortgage with a lower interest rate and possibly a lower price basis... thats what the earlier $200bn Freddie/Fannie nationalization bailout was for !

let's hope the Republicans and the rare Democrat see fit to put so many strings and oversight ammendments to the 'Demand' by Paulson and Bernanke for $700bn and no-questions-asked, and complete immunity from prosecution as to where the funds go.... that the Bill as the Elite bankers want it...never sees the light of day....and becomes Law.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Making a decision as fast as that just scares me to death. I want a new government with new faces. Everyone up there in Washington needs to be voted out of office. "EVERYONE"

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

very true they came to an agreement in what 5 days?! there's got to be some pulling of strings there somewhere....

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
any chance any of the representatives/congress would call a filibuster? I believe that would stop it right?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

that would work i don't know if it would happen too many people "up there" have their a__'_ on the line... so congress probably won't really be able to talk each other out of it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join