It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan fires on Nato aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Pakistan fires on Nato aircraft

news.bbc.co.uk

Pakistan says its troops fired warning shots at two Nato helicopters as they crossed the border from Afghanistan.
It is the first time the Pakistan army has admitted opening fire near US or Nato forces, as tension grows over cross border military action. Nato said its aircraft were not in Pakistani airspace when shots were fired over Khost province.

The Pentagon said they were US helicopters and that Pakistan would have to explain what had happened.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is the second incident that happened in past couple of weeks first US choppers came under fire from Pakistani troops who allegedly violated Pakistani airspace and just today Nato Choppers also came under fire from Pakistani troops, I think Pakistan has made it very clear that they will do every possible effort to encounter terrorism and be part of war on terror however would never allow any foreign troops to operate inside in Pakistan, that's clear message to both of presidential candidates and hope they do learn a thing or two from this.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-9-2008 by LOYAL]

[edit on 25-9-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I already broke this about two hours ago

Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was locked by a MOD and I was asked to continue it in the 'ongoing' discussion of the 'same' story made by someone else

Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edited to fix links.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by A55A551N]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

that thread was about another incident where US troops coming under fire that is just few hours ago anyway sorry if it was posted earlier

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
No, I know... I tried the same argument. My post is the same as yours, but the mod deemed them to be part of the 'same ongoing story'

/shrug.

I'm just letting you know so you don't get into trouble or w/e happens here lol

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
They were OH-58D armed recon helicopters on a routine patrol near the Afghan/Pakistan border. I suspect the Pakistani Army outpost got a little nervous and fired warning shots. I think the US crew might have returned some warning fire, and backed off the border line.
It's not really that big of a deal, just two militaries professionally handling a complex battlefield reality. Both sides are cooperating with one another, at some level, so it will not get out of hand. But in the mean time be prepared for more of these 'controlled/accidental' incidents.

new topics

top topics

join