It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No silver to buy right now at any price.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
When it comes to PM's , the degree of public misconception is astounding....zero grasp of market fundamentals , even less understanding of currency status.

Jim R.....Silver.

July 14, 2009
Economic Times Interview: July 2009

The last time we met you had a sachet of sugar in your pocket. You pulled it out to underscore your point of impending shortage about agri commodities. You have been right about sugar as far price charts suggest. What are you hiding in your pocket today?

I have a silver coin in my pocket... I also have a gold coin, but the silver one is probably my better play. If I were a bright young man, I would be buying sugar and silver , given the state of the world. That’s not a recommendation, but I am just saying I do own some silver. Silver is cheaper than many things on a historic basis.

Full Text

Frequent Le Metropole Cafe contributor, Adrian Douglas (GATA/MFA) , offers a somewhat uncommon interview....particularly bullish Silver (no , he's not a dealer). Adrian Douglas Interview

Can't eat paper either...and the further it devalues , the more bitter it tastes

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My silver mine stock went up 25% today.
But its down 74% so I didn't notice.
In fact they have been using what is left of their investment to
buy into other mines instead of running out any silver.
In fact this mine is part of the Hunt brother's cornering of the silver market.
en.wikipedia.org...
Must have been low on the scale of impact.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hi TeslaandLyne. I assume you are referring to Canadian Zinc Corporation , and the Prairie Creek Mining concession. I think of CZN/CZICF as a primary base metals play , secondary silver. Still a Jr. exploration co...not a production-stage miner. They still don't have the required mining permits in place, they need to fund a pre-feasibility study , fund a full feasibility report , and convert their measured and indicated "resources" into 43-101 compliant mine-able (proven) "reserves" (lots of drilling to do). In short , they still have quite a ways to go before production. Hopefully they're recent buy-in Fijian based; Vatukoula Gold Mines , will provide a source of funding to advance the Prairie Creek project.

All in all , could ultimately be a good value play. These Jr's are super-speculative , but if they pay-off...it's in spades! I hope it pans-out for you

Comex/Volker pulled a switcher-oo on the Hunt Bros...mid-stream...that's what happens to you when you legally require large connected shorts to back their paper promises to deliver...they (PTB) change the rules!

GL

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I never had 1,000 shares of for any stock before, well I think at a one time
purchase, so it looked good as one of the recommendations from a silver investor. I had perhaps one more mine and a list that I was monitoring.
However insiders have hundreds of thousands shares of stock.
Hardly think it will go to $2 over 10 years but I'll let it surprise me but you
are 100% correct. The investor sold some of his stock at one time and
went to see his investments so perhaps he went to Canada to do first hand
accounting.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

At the top of my essentials list is strong management with a history of success , and a proven geological team. Even for a company that has defined a fantastic resource body....unscrupulous , shoddy management can sound the death knell for shareholders. The 25yr bear market in Gold prompted a major consolidation in the Jr sector , exploration expenditures dried-up , exploration companies were either acquired , or went-under. As a result , new supply has become a valid concern , and remains one of the more bullish fundamentals , but we have been left with a dearth of experienced mining geologists...not many youngsters entered the field particularly through the 90's. Veteran geologists with a proven track-record are a premium , and unfortunately , on their way out. For those entering , or returning to university, mining geology is a field with a future imo.

GL TaL

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
See if you recognize any of these companies.
I just can't recall another one I had.
By the time I finish typing perhaps I might remember.
MGN
SSRI
SLW
SHSH.OB
'SRLM.OB' is no longer valid. It has changed to SRLMQ.PK
PAAS
SILVER WHEATON CORP (SLW)
That was the other metals stock.
$8 now, wonder if I got it at $16.
Tesla always worked with metals and gases for his experiments
but nothing happened in the form of new energy developments
lately as oil is still king.
ED: Checking over the stocks, things went up, what happened today.
Obama working on health care, I heard that.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Hi TeslaandLyne. Yes , I recognize the companies , owned a couple of them , SLW being the last...interesting business model. Due to my belief that we are entering a prolonged economic winter , and given Silver's strong industrial applications , I'm focused primarily in the Gold Jr's...specifically , emerging producers.

Having said that I do hold positions in ECU Silver Mining Inc , Impact Silver Corp , and Great Panther Resources....all Jr. "producers" with blue sky exploration potential. At this point in time , I only hold one speculative Silver lotto: Soho Resources Corp....pure exploration play with an interesting property imo.

In 2002 , ECU , still in the exploration/development stage , was my Silver lotto ticket...350,000 shares at a cost basis of .04....sold 2/3 in 2006 @$3.14.

Country risk? All of the above operate in Mexico (mining friendly environment/reasonable labor costs).

It's my belief that beginning in 2010 , fortunes will again be made in the quality Jr's...but the majority of this sector is composed of chaff...and even the wheat is subject to mildew. Success requires an enormous amount of research , and a sprinkle of luck for good measure.

Jr's of interest (to me):

Apollo Gold Corp (Jr. producer)
ATW Gold Corp (Jr. producer)
Hawthorne Gold Corp (nearing production)
Pediment Gold Corp (nearing production)

Always perform your own DD , and if entering extremely speculative market sectors (Jr's) , be both financially & psychologically prepared to lose every penny of your investment.

GL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join