It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No silver to buy right now at any price.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I've got 3500 ounces of silver and I' not taking electronic digits or fiat paper for them. Land, cattle, your first born, your best looking daughterS!

These are just incase the fiat collapses just like it has every other time in history when the bankers made us take paper.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Silver is back order'd beyond belief I went to many banks across my city and it was sold our everywhere (as i expected) the price to produce and convert silver into bars is 14$/oz so right now the manipulation by comex is a hug problem and is a main reason for no one selling there silver at this price. Also with the scare of huge inflation in the USD gold and silver are in huge demand to back up peoples money. I was able to get 20oz at $16.50/oz which was the cheapest I could find on ebay altho it cost me a fortune considering im Canadian and the USD is sooo strong right now in comparison to the USD so it cost me $21.00/oz CDN. but im expecting a huge gap in the price of silver now and in the next few months its hit 20$ in the last year and could easly hit it again with the economic crisis! I also tried to buy paladium and its very hard to get that too!. So if you can get ahold of any precious metal do it! its a sound investment IMO

Blake C.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The dealers have the silver. They just paid much more for it so they are not willing to sell except at a huge premium. If the price ever goes up, there will be a bunch of silver available. Instead I think Silver keeps dropping and the dealers get hammered eventually forcing them to capitulate and selling it all at pricres much lower than current prices.

Much money to be made writing covered out of the money calls on GLD.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I was looking at some silver values, as well as gold.

For a $20.00 double eagle they wasnted $1600.00

I thought that was steep, but I guess it's reasonable.

It all started when I found a 1967 quarter dollar.

I heard the pre 65 was like 90/10 silver/copper.

But none-the-less, I found that the 1967 quarter is still worth
$1.1840 - $1.8944 as of July 10, 2009
Source

And that is melted value, and only 50% silver in this coin.

Even some dimes up to 1976 are worth over $3.00

If there is not much silver, look through your change when you shop.
You may get more than face value to add to your precious metals.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by dirtydog

Buying gold and silver does not protect you in economic collapse reality is gold and silver has only a trinsic value. In other words its only as valuable as someone is willing to pay for it. Commodities will have a value no matter what happens. If you buy food for example it will all ways have value it is something needed. People don't have to have gold and silver and there value greatly reduces when people aren't willing to buy them. Which they wont be able to do if the economy goes under so get off the buy gold websites there just trying to make money.
In fact during the great depression there was a lot of gold running around but couldnt use it to buy a loaf of bread people needed commodities.

Dragon is 100% correct.

To add for simplicity. Would you trade your last morsel of food for some gold? can you eat gold? in a survival situation gold is worthless. Gold has only the value placed on it by society. If there is no demand than supply doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hmm... this is your first post isnt it ???

You wouldnt be a silver dealer trying to drum up business by any chance?????

I only ask because ive just looked at the silver prices and that are at the lowest ive seen them in ages.

www.atsbullion.com...

[edit on 12-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
wait wait...you guys are actually physically buying gold and silver?

Buy the commodity paper and have conversion rate on the market. Example buy an ounce on the market if it goes to 1500.00 sell it. Trade in on the market.

Physical gold and silver is not a wise purchase.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Spartak_FL]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
From the Monex website:www.monex.com...

Worldwide market demand for silver is growing, while supplies of silver are quickly disappearing. New high-tech uses for silver will further strain already-tight supplies in the future. World demand for silver now exceeds annual production and has every year since 1990, depleting above-ground stockpiles of silver. The U.S. government, once the largest stockpiler of silver on the planet, dumped billions and billions of ounces of silver onto the world market over the years, resulting in depressed silver prices. Today, that government silver hoard is gone, and now the U.S. government is a buyer of silver at prevailing world silver prices.

I have been hoarding up silver since 1979, I have a good bit now, and I have hoped to see it skyrocket and then my hoarding will have all been worth it!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
WOW

It amazes me that these high volume silver dealers want paper dollars so badly.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
WOW

It amazes me that these high volume silver dealers want paper dollars so badly.

you cant buy anything with a bar of silver

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Seems you can get silver here in the uk still with quite good prices www.bullionbypost.co.uk... dont know if they are legit was just a quick search,never stocked up on metals before..dont plan too.In a worst case scenario where the whole world implodes by the foundations i would rather have some rice and peas than a 1kg slab of gold.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Spartak_FL

The real price of gold never changes.. what changes is the amount of paper money people are willing to exchange for it.

I cant remember where i heard it but apparently 1oz gold coin today will buy you exactly the same as 1oz gold coin did 1000 years ago. Thats the price of a handmade suit,footwear, a belt and a meal.

Paper money has no real value .. its not even redeemable for gold anymore.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
the 'survivalists' on here that argue gold and silver have no value because you cannot eat them wtshtf are seriously short sighted. wtshtf, it is quite likely that we will have entered some kind of hyperinflation prior to this... and if not, it'll happen during it... wtshtf, you're going to want to be as mobile as possible... now, a metric ton of corn costs $265... we all know what the price of a troy ounce of silver and gold is right now ($12.55 and $913.18 if you don't).. are you going to be able to barter corn/soy/bread/meat/whatever for ammunition/weapons?? meat maybe... ultimately people need something that they can carry in their pocket that has value to exchange for other things... and we'll always revert to gold, silver and gems for this because they're small and rare and all fiat ccys are destined to fail
the 'economists' on here that argue that gold and silver have no value are entitled to their opinion and entitled to their faith in fiat currencies and entitled to the poverty that will ensue...
at current production levels, silver is the first industrial metal which will run out... in around 2012... you'd be insane in my opinion not to be getting some on board here and if you can possibly buy something that doesn't have a US seal on it, so much the better because the greedy f'ckers will try and steal it off you like they did the last time....
and you soooo want to be long gold and silver if Ronny P's Audit the Fed bill ever goes all the way

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Gold and Silver do have real value on traded exchange backing paper to offset inflation. When inflation happens the commodity price rises and adjusts in dollar amounts.

You cannot physically purchase something with gold or silver. Nor will you ever get a serouis value from a broker if you go to sell it. You are basically wasting your money if you are ordering silver and putting it under your bed.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Spartak_FL]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
well, put it this way spartak... if you had put £100 in cash under the bed a decade ago you would have £100 now... but the £100 back then would have been worth 29% more than it is today, so equivalent you get £71 back... if you'd have put £100 worth into the FTSE 100 ten years ago, you would have £65 now (less the 29% for inflation, so actually £46)... if you'd have put £100 into gold ten years ago it would be worth £258 now (maybe £240 given trading costs etc)... even if you convert it back to cash... that's £170... waste of time?

[edit on 13-7-2009 by dickbar]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by dickbar]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
the edits were to inflation adjust the FTSE and Gold returns

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spartak_FL you cant buy anything with a bar of silver

True. That's why sensible people who want reliable specie to use in case TSGTF, keep rolls of silver coins. You can't make change for a chicken...but a silver dime has a specific amount of silver.

If you're down to survival measures, well, you're screwed anyway. Trade in bullets.

But do you really want to broadcast your stash on-line?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
and my silver dealer says they have no trouble getting hold of silver coin at the moment at all.. plenties around for now

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtydog

No silver to buy right now at any price.

There is no snippet, thats why I'm posting this. I called CMIGS and this is what I was told.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Doesn't that mean that silver will become super useful sometime in the future and those who understand it's application to future technologies that we don't know of yet could be buying it up for future profit.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
From Deadwood, Season 3 Episode 7:

---

George Hearst: Before the color, no white man - no man of any hue - moved to civilize or improve a place like this had the reason to make the effort. The color brought commerce here and such order as has been attained.

Odell: Yes, sir.

George Hearst: Do you want to help Liberia, Odell?

Odell: I want to help myself. If Liberia is where my chance is, its all right with me.

George Hearst: Gold is your chance. Gold is every man’s opportunity. Why do I make that argument? Because every defect in a man and in others' way of taking him, our agreement that gold has value gives us power to rise above.

Odell: Fond as you are of my mother, without that gold I showed you, I don’t expect we’d be out here talking.

George Hearst: That is correct. And for your effrontery at our meal a moment ago, I’d have seen you shot or hanged without second thought. The value I gave the gold restrained me, you see? your utility in connection to it. And because of my gold those at the other tables deferred to my restraint. Gold confers power. Power comes to any man who has the color.

---

Best show ever written.

Jon

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join