It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Echos Of Iraq War: Whitehouse Claims Bailout Will Pay For Itself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Echos Of Iraq War: Whitehouse Claims Bailout Will Pay For Itself

thinkprogress.org

To justify the exorbitant cost of the bailout for the financial industry, Bush administration officials have been repeating the dubious claim that American taxpayers should expect to recover much, if not all, of the proposed $700 billion:

PAULSON: This is not an expenditure. … Money will come back in.

BERNANKE: What’s clear is that the $700 billion is not an expenditure. There’s going to be a substantial amount of recovery.

BUSH: Money will flow back to the Treasury as these assets are sold, and we expect that much, if not all, of the tax dollars we invest will be paid back.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
LOL.

I wonder JUST how many times these people can bamboozle this nation and keep us as their tax-slaves to keep funding these endless criminal enterprises?

Last night's speech was another prime example of the promotion of FEAR to keep us all holding our wallets out, even as most of us have nothing but pennies left...

The White House’s assurances that the bailout will pay for itself is eerily reminiscent of the assurances the Bush team made that the Iraq war would be similarly inexpensive — if not profitable — for America.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Take a look at the 2009 national budget proposal in Congress
www.gpoaccess.gov...

It really looks like a complete bailout for the country thru national privatization.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

As I was watching his speech, I couldn't believe he was able to deliver it with a straight face!

He completely oversimplified the issues, and then attempted to prey on our fears in an effort to get us to go along with this ridiculous proposed bailout.

W, Bernanke, Paulson, and everyone on Wall Street can go to h3LL if they think they are going to take a dime of my hard-earned money to pay for the mismanagement and excesses of the financial industry. How dare they ask for this after demonstrating a complete inability to conduct good business?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

This is what we, as a collective nation MUST DO. It is time to make our stand as a collective whole, and refuse to pay any more federal income tax. They have turned this into a giant profiteering merry-go-round for the Elite, and the rest of us are suffering more and more as a result of these criminal policies.

Last nights speech was Iraq war, part 2, on the financial sector---Pure Fear and desperation, and, "this must be done right away, agree to it sheeples, because it's for all of your best interests" nonsense. EXACTLY the way they bamboozled this country into the Iraq Nightmare.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I had some long winded response to this thread, but I thought about it and decided that the real story here is this:

They are laughing at us; they have to be. The American public has become stupid and complacent.

Their outrage or support changes with the news and when the story is done and the pundits have all had their chance to tell eachother how wonderful they all are, we will be given something else to gnaw on.

$700 Billion dollars; bailout; economic crisis at the hands of shoddy trading practices; a controlled and manipulated 'free market' which serves only those who get rich off the death and misery of the...oh look, a bunny!

new topics

top topics

join