It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codes and Chaos,, Can you crack the code, over 50,000 try's and NO one has been able to so far ;)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Nice find, Skara Brae, no wonder its a dead language inscription used only once !!!
BTW thats site is wrong they arent AE symbols other than water

How did you find that!!!

[edit on 23-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
#38 is skara brae !!!!

On to 39!

We have two words, 4 letters each!

Great job guys!

[edit on 23-12-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
QUEENIE NEEDS APPLUASE SURELY!!!!!!

TY queenie look forward to hearing how you found that, and how in gods name they linked that british settlement to the Vitruvian man and plato?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

You have a very good point... Queenie did what tons of people from several websites have been unable to do in over a year!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
OK, on to the next code....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46ceb472609f.png[/atsimg]

Hmmm... Looks like math to me... 1 to the power of one, two to the power of two, and so on...

What is the phrase for a number to the power of it self? Is there one?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
thanks, guys....

i figured if i was going to join in this late in the game, i'd better bring something good to the party!

jk.

truthfully, though, i only saw this thread the day before yesterday and so i started working through it all on my own before reading through the thread.

i got stuck yesterday afternoon and was glad to see how helpful the teamwork approach was for not only the *team* but for me, too

then i realized that ya'll have been stuck on this for maybe 3 months now, right?
and it's just two or three of you left?
i didn't think i'd have any luck, either, but i was already hooked!
:shk:

but remember, GST, that Deaf Alien asked you if maybe "precession" and "the eyes of horus" might be the key?

that rang a bell with me because of my own interest in AE as well as *time*
so i did a search on those ideas

but now, to be perfectly honest, by that time it was like 3 am and i was rather loopy.....i don't really recall how or where it was i stumbled upon that name...the links i gave today are ones i found post-solution in order to show you guys something valid

i didn't realize until today, either, that i had previously been acquainted with this strange place on Orkney through past investigations!
and also i was rather surprised to see the literal symbol on that one website!
i was pretty tired!

the only thing i do remember quite clearly was letting out a big loud "woo hoo" when my answer was accepted!
i woke my dog up from a good dream, too, i think!

then i dozed off.

but i felt like a champ!

HOWEVER, it might very well have been a FLUKE!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
OK, it has something to do with fibonacci...

www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk...

www.maths.surrey.ac.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

ha, very nice work. You should be proud, because according to Brent ( The owner of the codes and chaos website) nobody has been able to figure this one out, and it has been over a year with tons of people working on it...

Keep it up!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
QUEENIE NEEDS APPLUASE SURELY!!!!!!

TY queenie look forward to hearing how you found that, and how in gods name they linked that british settlement to the Vitruvian man and plato?

oh, i forgot to answer this

it's on one of those clue pages - the vitruvian guy clue is just describing how the eyes of horus are facing each other, book-end style, around the divided symbol that meant "precession," which, in turn, is book-ending the symbol in question, #38.

the clues are clever - they can be either VERY helpful or else VERY good diversionary tactics!

but we're almost done, now

i think i might know the answers for #40, #42, #45, and #46

but #39 is a doozy!
i had some ideas that i've already found to be fruitless.

the symbol is on the clue-sheet that has a part of the Rig Veda in the upper left corner and the MDMA molecule in the right top corner.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here in lies our clue from the website...

You will see our code on the second line from the bottom.

Hmmm....

www.codesandchaos.com...

EDIT: I tried Kali yuga because it fit... No luck.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

the symbol is on the clue-sheet that has a part of the Rig Veda in the upper left corner and the MDMA molecule in the right top corner.

I think the Rig Veda might tie into it somehow... Not sure about the MDMA molecule yet though...

The bit of my research of I have done so far, has also led me to fibonacci....

But that MAY be a false lead.... I just did a google search for "math term for a number to the power of myself" and found this website...

www.maths.surrey.ac.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
i *think* kali yuga is the NEXT one

what i was thinking, about this #39 is that it might have something to do with the Hindu time-keeping system

because it is the symbol between Skara Brae, which turns out to be (if i remember what i was thinking in my fog last night) first settled right around the time that the Kali Yuga began, in 3102 BC.

and 3102 BC is directly underneath the first part of our present symbol on the clue sheet.

just following 3102 BC is the very next symbol we have to work on, which is winter-solstice/Jupiter/aquarius

since Kali Yuga didn't fit in #39, for some reason, i felt it might be the next one (again i had this thought in a fog but it may prove valid).

right ABOVE the writing out of these terms, in that last paragraph on the clue page, it talks about the Rig Veda and archeoastronomy, etc...

so that is what i was thinking - it may have to do with the Hindu Calendar

but the Hindu calendar is a nightmare!!

GST - why did you say it has to do with the Fibonacci sequence?
i looked at some things to do with math and tried "root mean" and "mean root" but neither worked.
i couldn't find anything else that was 2 4-letter words....except of course

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

yeah, that Surrey page has been one of my favorite sites for a few years!
but i just can't find any words that fit

notice at the right end of the lines i mentioned above, there is "Kalpa" preceded by the symbols for Lunar Year and Solar Year....

Kalpa

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well, again, I am not sure it does have anything to do with fibonacci.

Just looking at the code it looks like 1 to the power of one, two to the power of two and so on.... I googled " Math term for a number to the power of it self, and it linked me to that website, which is posted in my previous post...

Again, I think it may be a false lead/coincidence... But wanted to mention it just in case...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

What about the symbol just after Kalpa on the hint sheet.... Any clue what that is, or if it is relevant?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

i have the feeling that it IS relevant
and also that i SHOULD KNOW that symbol!
but i can't place it!

and i looked all through the online symbol encyclopedia for it - twice, i think
it seems like it might have something also to do with time.

i found these two links on the wiki page for Kalpa:

www.hitxp.com...
vinaymangal.googlepages.com...

maybe something to do with time travel, from reading the first link?
but "worm hole" doesn't work

this Hindu time system makes my brain hurt.
i need to look through the PDF file now

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Just looking at the code it looks like 1 to the power of one, two to the power of two and so on.... I googled " Math term for a number to the power of it self, and it linked me to that website, which is posted in my previous post...

Again, I think it may be a false lead/coincidence... But wanted to mention it just in case...

no, i think it is a good idea
because it was my first thought, too

but i can't input superscripts in the search box, so that's a problem
and when i just put in 11 22 33 44, i got a hexadecimal number which was 0008 0000, i think
i even tried that, but no luck

and i'm not much of a mathematician, either
:shk:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
from Wiki's time travel page:

There is no widespread agreement as to which written work should be recognized as the earliest example of a time travel story, since a number of early works feature elements ambiguously suggestive of time travel. Ancient folk tales and myths sometimes involved something akin to travelling forward in time; for example, in Hindu mythology, the Mahabharatha mentions the story of the King Revaita, who travels to heaven to meet the creator Brahma and is shocked to learn that many ages have passed when he returns to Earth.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here's my take on what this code might be suggesting:

If your calculate 1^1, 2^2 ,3^3, and so on... you get 1, 4, 27, 256...

This is a sequential progression, and that exact term is used in the text of the Rig Veda Code page. I get a lot of hits when I Google the search terms of sequential progression + Rig Veda.

Nothing has led to two, four-word possibilities but perhaps someone else might hit upon something that I'm missing.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

GREAT!

there are a few sequential progressions, too, on the clue sheet which pertains to this symbol.

one is:
0 1 2 4 16 256
and those are all squares, aren't they?

hmmmmm...

actually, the rest of the number sets aren't actually sequential progressions, either.

but maybe we're on to something!
i hope so.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join