It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codes and Chaos,, Can you crack the code, over 50,000 try's and NO one has been able to so far ;)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why is this a symbol of precession? [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae9cd392e64b.png[/atsimg]

I can understand the circle with cross inside, but the Pythagorean theorem???

Now the symbol #38 [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0b7acfb41a8.png[/atsimg] is between the halves of these two symbols [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d9784520922.png[/atsimg] and [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae9cd392e64b.png[/atsimg]. Could it be significant?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Why is this a symbol of precession? [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae9cd392e64b.png[/atsimg]

Truth be told I do not, know I came along after that one was solved..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d9784520922.png[/atsimg]

The answer for this one was "eyes of hour"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae9cd392e64b.png[/atsimg]. Could it be significant?

As you pointed out, this one is "precession"

I do think it is significant that our code is placed in between those two... I am not sure in what way, but I do think that is a clue......

[edit on 22-12-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Well my point is that the symbol for pythagorean theorem seems meaningless when it comes to precession. Why add it? I can understand the circle and the cross.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Oh, I get you... Not sure... I went back and saw that Agent_T is the one who found the answer to precession. I sent him a U2U to see if he can come back in this thread and tell us how he came to that answer....

Maybe he will be able to help to with the two new clues and what not.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Actually the answer is in one of those hint pages. It only shows the circle and cross.

This got me thinking. Some symbols in #38 might not be important.

Actually why don't we ask Brent why he added that symbol of pythagorean theorem?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

OK, I emailed Brent. I asked him about that symbol.

He has made reference before to other websites/forums who are also trying to crack the the code... I asked him to share what those websites are because I would like to see where there research has led them... Maybe there will be something that will help us...

I will let you know when he writes back.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

edit for the sake of the team

[edit on 22-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

No way! I'm trying to GET help here!

[edit on 22-12-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Be careful! He might read this thread!

I think his hoodies are cool. I might order some.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
another unsuccessful hour. Don't bother searching Da Vinci flower of life unless you're prepared for a long look, every website copies and pastes the exact same paragraph...

Roswell.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by roswell1

Oh man, I feel your pain... Hopefully I can get something out of this Brent guy... Or at least he can tell me who else is working on this code.... Maybe there is someone out there who is closer to figuring it out than we are...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

i have ignored it since yesterday, if it didnt have the 5 chances and then reload thing i would be at it alot more.....

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
my brain hurts now... I'm going to watch the hangover (Thanks again, Zazz
)

Roswell.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It makes it alot more frustrating. That is very true...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Heard back from Brent.... He didn't actually answer any of my questions...

Well, one was DA's.... He did not say why that other symbol was used on the precession one and he did not tell me what other forums are working on this code...

Here is what he did say

Hello Scott, Thank you for your keen interest and curious questions about Break the Code. Clue #38 reveals the true nature of the game inspired by Da Vinci’s mischievous obsession with concealing secret knowledge based on sacred geometry in plain sight. By focusing on the origins of the individual symbols and combining their enigmatic characteristics question #38 exposes a crack in our modern historical concept of the ancient past according to Plato.

Brett Niven

Hmmm.... So the first symbol is the Egyptian Heirogplyph for water. The last is the pagan symbol for fire.... Now the second symbol I do not know the origin of but Roswells research which indicated that it means wax is on the right track... I did some research of my own the other night and found that it also means oil... Then I found another website that suggest it might actually mean oil... SO I think it means oil rather than wax...

The third one, I have seen a number of meanings for the circle,from life, moon, unity, infinity, and even spirit.... SO it is hard for me to pinpoint the origin of that one, but it may help to notice that this circle is not a perfect circle.... It is more oval shaped...

[edit on 23-12-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Hmmm, OK, so we have Water, Oil and fire...

He said:

By focusing on the origins of the individual symbols and combining their enigmatic characteristics question #38 exposes a crack in our modern historical concept of the ancient past according to Plato.

Combining their enigmatic characteristics... a crack in our modern historical concept of the ancient past according to Plato.... I need to break out my philosphy book which has all the works of Plato...

Just thinking outside of the box here, bear with me.... Water and oil don't mix... Fire and water don't mix... Oil and fire mix, but not with a result that anybody likes, so I guess we can say they should NOT mix...

I don't know I am going to check out Plato's writings...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
SKARA BRAE

#38 is
Skara Brae

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

He said:

By focusing on the origins of the individual symbols and combining their enigmatic characteristics question #38 exposes a crack in our modern historical concept of the ancient past according to Plato.

don't bog yourself down in Plato...unless you WANT to, that is..

check this page out:
www.washingtonlass.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP!!!!

check out the picture of the "ghost" of Skara Brae from the wiki page....

THAT IS ATLANTIS!

[edit on 12/23/2009 by queenannie38]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I had a small break through... I realized, that the second symbol is not one symbol. It is two put together!

I first checked out the meaning of the part triangle thing...

04:6 · This is the same structure as the chevron, but with a much sharper angle. It is used in logic to signify all that lacks existence, nothing, or the empty class. An ideographic opposite is 2601a, and a semantic opposite is the entry sign below.
0405 is also used to denote the concept and when used between signs for entities in logic.
Otherwise 0405 denotes an upwards directed movement in the same way as does 0419.

www.symbols.com...

Now the diagonal line

Previous sign Next sign All signs in Group 10

10:2 · In modern ideography a diagonal line placed over or within another sign symbolizes that what is denoted by the other sign is forbidden, cancelled, or the like a See, for instance, 3940, which in certain biological contexts can be used to mean deceased male, and the road sign
3070, which means no parking-that the possibilities of parking anywhere, 2601a, are cancelled.

www.symbols.com...

So we combine the two and we seem to get.... what?

something that means,

Now what is interesting is I found these two symbols while trying to identify the true meaning if the circle symbol...

www.symbols.com...

This indicates to me that the second symbol some how, represents/is related to the circle symbol...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join