It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codes and Chaos,, Can you crack the code, over 50,000 try's and NO one has been able to so far ;)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I've been searching through one of DaVinci's discoveries, which i believe may have something to do with it, though I'm probably wrong it's worth posting.

Earthshine, The DaVinci glow, the light reflected off earth from the sun, hits the moon, and the light is then reflected from the moon to earth again (it's hard to explain) The Water can be related to the fact that DaVinci believed the seas reflected light onto the moon, which we can see. The small circle resembles a small celestial body and at a wild guess I'd day that broken triangle looks like an old pair of dividers (measuring equipment). As for the triangle it remains a mystery, though sunlight-earthshine-moonlight would make a triangle.

on a completely different note, the first symbol appears to be the (Egyptian) water symbol, and the fourth is the pagan symbol for fire. Since the third symbol (circle) is occasionally used to represent earth, and because the second symbol looks slightly like the pagan symbol for air, I'm inclined to believe that these symbols are in fact the four elements. Wikipedia tells me that people believed in a fifth element, space, which may be the answer/be related to the answer. Since this is not related to DaVinci in any particular way, it may be entirely wrong, but I remain optimistic.

Roswell.

[edit on 19/12/2009 by roswell1]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by roswell1

Hey glad to have you join the party...

My research has led me to a similar conclusion. It has something to do with the four elements... Water, air, earth, and fire...

Maybe even man's connection it, or rather, the 4 elements connection to life in general?

I do have something pretty interesting to add. I sent an email to the codes and chaos people. I figured it could not hurt to ask for an extra hint on this one... The worst they could say is no...

Anyway, this is what they said.

No problem Scott, i want to thank you and everyone at abovetopsecret.com for your ongoing interest and curiosity with Break the Code. i hope everyone is having a good time trying to solve the puzzles. No problem Scott, i want to thank you and everyone at abovetopsecret.com for your ongoing interest and curiosity with Break the Code. i hope everyone is having a good time trying to solve the puzzles. To my absolute astonishment and everyone’s benefit Indiana Jones provides the answer to #38 when he utters this enigmatic phrase while searching for the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Good luck with the rest of the game everyone! Break the Code II is waiting in the wings….stay tuned…..

Brett Niven

Now just the important part

To my absolute astonishment and everyone’s benefit Indiana Jones provides the answer to #38 when he utters this enigmatic phrase while searching for the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

So let's see, in this one, he is searching for some Mayan ruins, trying to uncover the crystal skull... I can't recall why... I think I have a movie to rewatch....

Hmm... The four elements.... Mayans..... the universe as a whole... life.... Yeah, I need to rewatch the movie. Doing so now...

www.freestreamtube.com...#

[edit on 20-12-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
OK, so I watched the movie, and saw plenty of possibilities, but none worked...

With the clues provided so far, does anyone else want to watch the movie and see what phrase they pick up on?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
the only thing i remember him uttering was 'I like Ike" XD

Roswell.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Just to calrify, are we up to this symbol?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
yeah zazz

Roswell.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Ha, yeah, but that was hardly enigmatic.... More sarcastic

I watched the whole movie, listening for phrases that seemed to fit, and still have no clue....

Ugh, I can feel it. We are so close to this one. It is right in front of our faces. Now we just have to open our eyes....

So, What do we see?

I don't know, but I am going to have to read through all the clues in this thread pertaining to number 38, and then I will watch the movie again, and see what I can find.

Now it is time for bed though. It is 4:30 am! Yikes

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That's the one...

We know that the first symbol in the code is the egyptian heiroglypgh for water/nile and the last (triangle) is the pagan symbol for fire...

Read the past couple of pages ( If you have not already) to check out all the clues and research for this one answer....

I think ( And roswell agrees) that perhaps it has to do with the four elements. That is where my research has slowly lead me... I think it may also have to do with life... The unviverse in general, and life being able to survive becaue of the four elements?

Not sure, but apparently the answer is said in the new indiana jones movie. I have attached a link to the movie if you want to watch it.

The more help we get, the faster we can solve this. I would love ATS to be the one to beat this thing when no one else could....

Good night!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

The first one is the AE for water and it is pronounced like the n in "noon". It is missing a stroke down at the end.
As Hyroglyphs are phoentic sounds, not so much letters it may sound out something.

The others arent, the round there in their alpahbet, isnt perfectly round, its is more like a mouth in AE so I think you can discount it is a AE text, but I'll ldouble check through my docs., I may have forgotten its been some time since I worked with heiros.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ok here the only "enigmatic" -ish saying from Indy
"Knowledge is their treasure" well in my opinion at least.

These could be medieval alchemy symbols, dont know haven't looked yet, but thats where Im heading now...

other options...
The pyramid is either a symbol for a burial/resting place or a for pinnacle of spritual truth and at times symbol for fire or male.

Circle is infinty or perfection and usually divine.
And the 2nd isnt a letter for air, slightly a version of it in alchmy but the cross goes the whole way through a triangle.

What water has to do with knowledge is treasure...dunno

hope they used the correct symbols....
GST and ROS ur naughty getting me hooked!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
ok in alchemy knowlege can be water symbol
"

Educate Yourself for Tomorrow is concerned with the expansion of your mind to include your heart. It is not an attempt at conditioning distinct, specific, observable behaviors. In our view, to educate is more a process of nurturing the growth of a living tree of knowledge than of a piece-by piece construction of a house of knowledge. There is a fluidic element to this learning like the alchemy water symbols in time past. Water flows around things, nurtures, and promotes growth, and water symbols represent these elements of consciousness. The word educate derives from the Latin educere meaning to draw forth or lead out. There is no education where there is no intellectual metamorphosis or transformation; education does not exist devoid of provocation and stimulation of the mind to what Emerson called "understanding."

www.onlinehumanities.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Zazz just reminded me, I did see some of the symbols being associated with alchemy, and DaVinci did have an 'openly expressed opinion' about it.

Roswell.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This website is extremely useful, I suggest looking up the symbols, it's easy to do and there are a lot there. The second symbol is on it's side if it is in fact the same symbol. I don't have time to search and post individual links, so you'll have to look them up yourselves.

from what I remember:

1=water
2=wax
3=moon (among other things)
4=fire, as we know, though I think it could also be affiliated with light.

Roswell.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Oh cool website. that is going to come in handy...

The second symbol... that is a tough one, as you saw the closest one to it means wax... but that symbol really is not THAT close to our symbol...

Kudos for finding all this though. It will help alot!

Zazz and I were up late working on the answer... Well Zazz was doing all the work and I was going along for the ride...

oh zazz, I also tried pente gram... I know that is actually one word but I figured it was worth a shot.... No luck though.... How did you do?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Re posting the email from the creators of the code in order to correct a copy and paste error

No problem Scott, i want to thank you and everyone at abovetopsecret.com for your ongoing interest and curiosity with Break the Code. i hope everyone is having a good time trying to solve the puzzles. To my absolute astonishment and everyone’s benefit Indiana Jones provides the answer to #38 when he utters this enigmatic phrase while searching for the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Good luck with the rest of the game everyone! Break the Code II is waiting in the wings….stay tuned…..

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Sacred geometry, vitruvian man. search it.

i can't remember exactly but the circle corresponds directly with the moon and earth.

Roswell.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Oh, believe me I have been. I am just so close, yet so far...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
OK, now Deaf Alien just got off the phone with Brent ( One of the owners of codes and chaos)

Brent indicated that many other people have been working on #38 for over a year. No one can figure this one out....

We (ATS) are the ONLY ones to know about the Indiana Jones hint, so we have the edge here... Unfortunately I am not sure how much this edge is helping us..

He apparently indicated that there may be another NEW hint on the website...

I looked and I do not recall seeing this before and it seems to apply to our code... so we may be on to something... Check it out!

www.codesandchaos.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I might be on to something. This link contains some of the answers to previous symbols. It talks about timewave zero.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Timewave zero has grabbed my attention too.

I wonder if maybe the last word is zero?

I have tried point zero, mayan zero,cycle zero and have had no luck...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join