It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smith unveils ID card design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Smith unveils ID card design

news.uk.msn.com

The design for the new identity card has been unveiled by Home Secretary Jacqui Smith. Each card will carry a picture and a chip holding the person's name and date of birth, fingerprint records and other biometric data. It will also detail the holder's visa status and right to work. The cards will be issued to foreign nationals from November and from next year to people working in airports and other high security jobs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

uk.reuters.com...

[edit on 25/9/2008 by MarkAkaSilent]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Heres the start of it folks. Foreign nationals are the first to recive them, then people in high security areas like airports and the like. I mean foreign nationals i can understand and maybe even people who work in high risk security areas but how long will it be before their forced on joe public. "vare are you papers" comes to mind!

news.uk.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Starred and flagged as I think it is of importance...

I've been waiting for this to come around again since the supposed trashing of it back in late 06, early 07.

Jaqui Smith has absolutely no F'n clue what she's on about or what she's doing. This is the same woman who, after several THOUSAND if not MILLION people declared there should be instant arrests made for anybody carrying knives or other harmful "weapons" after the death of Ben Kinsella and then went on National Television and said.

"....And no, don't worry. You will not be arrested for carrying said items."

She disgusts me, our whole Government disgusts me.

Edited to fix coding.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by A55A551N]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, here we go....

Apparently the small percentage of the population that doesn't have a driver's license is too much ...

The last time my DL was renewed, it is now a plastic card like a credit card and it already has a UPC-type code and some kind of embedded magnetic strip.

I wonder how many years we have before they start forcing the implants on us?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This all started long ago when people made a CHOICE to give someone the right to ask for a PHOTO ID. You should never have to identify yourself for anyone EVER !

new topics

top topics

join