It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official, Obama to make AWB permanent

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Your going to run to somwhere else because you cant own a gun? that seems a bit silly, and i never really understood why americans make such a big deal about gun ownership..

noone needs guns!, guns are nasty little machines, simply developed to kill and hurt people or animals ( no, im not a veggie or against hunting!)

really, what do YOU need a gun for? and why does it upset you that you cant own a gun.. something that can only be used to harm someone.

on guns, america needs to stop living in the old times, this is 2008 ! not 1908.

guns are bad!, and the politicians are spot on with what they say , why they HELL does ANYONE need an ak 47 lying about their house unless their actualy at war and in genuine danger of someone shooting at the, ?

[edit on 25-9-2008 by boaby_phet]

IF.... IF.... the above were to become reality, and we DIDN'T already have weapons to defend ourselves.... WHAT COULD WE DO?

If is and always has been and always will be possible for the
common American to find himself at war, wether it be against a
foriegn government, a foriegn people, a "terrorist" or other "rogue" orginazations, his OWN government, his OWN
people (civil war), extra-terrestrial invaders, etc...

It is bad enough that the governments and armies of the world
have nuclear weapons, armed helicopters, spy planes, bomber
aircraft, tanks, and various hi-tech radar, heat-reading, laser,
infra-red types of equipment.

What logical person would not want at minimum, a high-capacity,
semi-automatic rifle to defend himself, his family, and his property.

Yes they are designed to kill. If they weren't, what use
would they be?

That's exactly our purpose for owning such weapons... to KILL
the people who attempt to rob us of our LIBERTY.

DON'T TREAD ON ME

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What's hilarious is that the people who want to ban assault rifles don't even know what they are, nor do they understand the difference between a *real* assault rifle, and the guns that Obama wants to ban.

Wait... no... it's not hilarious. It's scary that people are that easily duped by the media when fear and ignorance are used to manipulate them. I guess it's easier than picking up a dictionary once in awhile.

Gun grabbers, wake up. REAL assault rifles have been banned for some time now. What they want to ban now are just ordinary, SEMI automatic guns.

All that means, is you don't have to cock it before firing each round.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What I find perplexing is that Mr. Obama says we need "common-sense" gun laws. Well, who gets to decide what "common-sense" is? My guess is that it will be some liberal that has never even held a firearm before.

All of you hippies out there are all for doing away with the second amendment because it will not impact your life directly. What if after the gun bans Mr. Obama decides to impose "common-sense" freedom of speech laws? Maybe you will only be able to protest on the second Tuesday of each month, but only if you are wearing a blue shirt and are in the designated free speech zone. I bet then you would be all over it! As Americans, you should want to protect the constitution no matter if it impacts you or not. If "they" can take one right away, the others will be just as easy.

...and when they came for me, there was nobody left to speak out...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I read most of this thread and I have made my stance on this issue known before, but I'll say it again. As a law abiding America, NO ONE has the right to tell me I can not own a certain type of gun. Period.

I don't care if you don't approve, I don't even care if it ticks you off, the fact of the matter is I have the right to own it & no ones opinion should infringe on that right.

-As for self defense, yes, there are cases where more than five bullets are needed. Three years ago, our area had a pack of six coyote roaming around, killing livestock, pets and such. One evening, they wandered into my backyard and went after my mothers small dog as well as two small children that I was babysitting. Using my husbands 22 with a 25 round banana clip, I took out three of the six and wounded yet another. (They were coming towards the house )Two of my in-laws finished the pack off the following weekend before they could harm anyone.

I alo used this gun to remind the thief who broke into my home that "While I may not be a great shot, I think I can hit 1 out of 25." He ran off and got busted by the cops five minutes later. (and FYI, he had a huge knife in his pocket. Anyone want to take a wild guess on what the drugged up moron planned on doing with it?)

The fact of the matter is, it's my gun, I follow the rules, it has never been used to harm anyone. Should I not be allowed to own it because it might, one day be used to hurt someone? According to some, that is exactly what they want. My response to this is...... if that's the case, then no one should own a car or any other thing that is capiable of taking the life of another. We should all live in bubbles, protected from the big scary world around us. It's what is best for us you know, the government says so and who are we to question anything the government says?

And I'll leave with this revamped version of an old saying.

First they came for the fourth amendment,
and I did not speak out, because I didn't deal drugs.

They came for the fifth amendment,
and I was silent because I owned no property involved in crimes

They came for the sixth amendment,
and I did not protest because I was innocent.

They came for the second amendment,
and I said nothing because I didn't own a gun.

And then they came for the first amendment,
and I could say nothing at all.

Illinois State University College of Fine Arts

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Your going to run to somwhere else because you cant own a gun? that seems a bit silly, and i never really understood why americans make such a big deal about gun ownership..

noone needs guns!, guns are nasty little machines, simply developed to kill and hurt people or animals ( no, im not a veggie or against hunting!)

really, what do YOU need a gun for? and why does it upset you that you cant own a gun.. something that can only be used to harm someone.

on guns, america needs to stop living in the old times, this is 2008 ! not 1908.

guns are bad!, and the politicians are spot on with what they say , why they HELL does ANYONE need an ak 47 lying about their house unless their actualy at war and in genuine danger of someone shooting at the, ?

[edit on 25-9-2008 by boaby_phet]

You my sir are a complete idiot. The 2nd Ammendment was designed for a counter to the government. Already the press is bought off and the government is full of crooks. The only thing keeping the ILLUSION of freedom going is the 89 million weapons on the street. So take Your liberal blather to the Gulag where it belongs.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yeah liberals are complete utter morons .... Hey if You want to ban anything why not ban the damn hand guns. Oh they don't even think about that. You know its kind of hard to carry a rifle with a 20 inch barrel down the road without being noticed. The majority of deaths out there are due to criminals using hand guns not rifles..... Another point if You ban hand guns it will then go to knives and guess what You can make a knife out of anything.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh and You get all hot and heavy over assault weapons and guns but You are in favor of murdering babies doesn't make since to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

i never really understood why americans make such a big deal about gun ownership..

Because our Constitution give us the right to.

reply to post by nyk537

I'm just watching a film about that - times change - there was possible need back then. To progress to a more civil state, to not live i fear of others. then i would have thought you would welcome a more peaceful way of life. To fight against that would mean you are also permitting those who use abuse their current right to have fire-arms to keep doing so. You do not live in the wildwest or are fighting for Independance anylonger - you are not threatened by people taking your liberty, you are threatened by the way of life in your own society, would you have the same problem if they had banned guns 50 years ago???????????? Do you really want your gutire generations to inherit the same problem. Understand the logic bhind it and see it is is for the good of your own society.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

[edit on 3-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

By your logic we should then do away with the first amendment. Why should we be allowed to say what we want when the government knows best?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkm1864
Yeah liberals are complete utter morons .... Hey if You want to ban anything why not ban the damn hand guns. Oh they don't even think about that. You know its kind of hard to carry a rifle with a 20 inch barrel down the road without being noticed. The majority of deaths out there are due to criminals using hand guns not rifles..... Another point if You ban hand guns it will then go to knives and guess what You can make a knife out of anything.

They don't ban handguns because that allows us to shoot each other, and gives them a reason them to shoot us or put us in their jails.

The reason for a ban on rifles is not due to domestic crime, it is due to the fact that they give us a fighting chance at defending our liberty against tyranny.

The gun control advocates say, "Why do you need assault rifles, you're not at war?".

I say we are at war just not combat ...yet. And possession of rifles may very well be the reason. We need them, and if we give them up we will have a very difficult time keeping what liberty we have left.

When the dictators come and the secret police come, do you think the government will just give us the guns back? lol... I don't think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join