It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama Wants To Debate, Why Not Debate Palin?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Obviously the financial meltdown crisis will not be resolved in one day.
Obama is acting as if he's already won this round since McCain wants to postpone the Friday debate.

Well if Obama wants a debate, then why not have him debate Sarah Palin?

Afterall, one of the responsibilites of the VP is to fill in when the President is not available and what a better way to "change" things up a bit in the way these debates are held.

What a better way for Palin to show she is ready to go to bat for McCain.

I'm ready to go out and buy one of those clicker people counter thingamajiggies to tally up the number of uummms, errrs, ahhhhs and uhhhhs that Obama is sure to utter.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Wow. Desperate much?

I like what Obama said. "A president can't call timeout if two things happen at once."

Or will McCain call time out if say, terrorists attack NYC, to go and deal with a corruption case in Arizona? Or would he call time out on that one? Or would he call time out on both?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is a brilliant idea Alex.

I have always thought it would be much better to have the Presidential candidates debate the opposing VP candidates.

Drop the debate between the two VP candidates, and add one extra debate. I want to see Obama debate Palin, and McCain debate Biden.

That would be extremely enlightening!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
I have always thought it would be much better to have the Presidential candidates debate the opposing VP candidates.

Just out of curiosity, so I can understand better, why would it be much better to have a Presidential candidate debate the opposing VP candidate? What sense would it make? One will be the leader and the other will not.

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Because when John McCain kicks the bucket it two years, its Palin that would take over. It doesn't matter though, Dubs is going to declare marshal law before the election anyways!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Actually, I'd rather see Obama standing up there by himself while McCain is doing his job.

In case you forgot, these men are not President yet, they are still Congressmen and have jobs to do.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

So you're saying just in this isolated case it would be good because McCain's gonna keel in a couple years? Fair enough, but Buck Division's statement was put in general terms, so my question still stands.

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Wow. First Obama is a coward for turning down Town Hall Meetings, now McCain's a champion for running away from a debate. To do what exactly? He staid in NYC, pissing off Letterman since McCain said "Sorry, can't do your show, going to DC" when actually he went to a different CBS Studio in NYC.

So, how is he going to vote from a CBS Studio in NYC?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. I want to see Obama shred Palin in the debate, pass the popcorn please.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
simple to answer why he won't.

if he debated palin and lost....that's right it might show palin a VP elec was smarter than the soon to be president elect.

and obama wouldn't try.

see simple cut and dry.

my take on your question.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Personally I think a debate between Obama and Biden would be a whole lot more productive. That way Joe wouldn't have to brush up on where the top of his ticket stands on the issues.

In recent days, Biden has muddled or contradicted Barack Obama’s positions on several issues, saying that the federal government shouldn’t bail out AIG, that the rich should pay more taxes “to be patriotic,” that the Obama ad making fun of McCain’s computer illiteracy was “terrible” and that he and Obama “are not supporting clean coal” plants in the United States.

Source: blogs.kansas.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Actually, I'd rather see Obama standing up there by himself while McCain is doing his job.

In case you forgot, these men are not President yet, they are still Congressmen and have jobs to do.

I'd rather see Obama up there by himself and McCain hiding from the American people too.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why not debate Nader?!
He is afterall at 6% nationwide.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is just laughable!

Gov. Palin is in hiding from the press all up til today when she fielded a couple of question from reporters and you think she is ready to debate Sen. Obama? Dont you remember that par of Sen. McCain ploy of suspending the Friday debate was to suspend Biden/Palin debate on Thursday?

I dont know whats the deal with hiding her, she looks professional and smart, I dont like her because I think she is been used as a tool nothing more. If the McCain campaign want to hide her from the press so bad might as well put her in Bin Laden's cave.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Obama doesn't have to debate Palin as she is not the presidential candidate.

Plain and simple.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

If Obama did debate her or him I would hope this subject is brought forward. It is NOT the GOV choice it is a personal choice.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Really? How about you explain to us all then what McCain will be so busy doing that he must suspend his campaign and dodge the debate. He has nothng to do with any of this in any way shape or form. He is not involved, he is doing nothing about it. McCain has one responsibility and it is to vote when the bill is presented. It is no more or less than his responsibility on any other day. Either you know something that even McCain himself is not yet aware of or you are saddly misguided as to how things actually work.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
McCain has no right to turn his back on the process now. It is his duty to debate. Millions of Americans are more confused and displaced in this campaign than ever before, and for many they will hold their choice until after the debates. He can vote by proxy in the Congressional meetings. Everyone knows he will vote to bail out his buddies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join