It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Loans Automakers $25 Billion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

House Loans Automakers $25 Billion

www.huffingtonpost.com

The House of Representatives on Wednesday approved a $25bn package of low-cost loans to help hard-pressed carmakers and their suppliers finance plant modernisation at a time of restricted access to public capital ­markets.

The automotive loans are separate from the proposed $700bn bail-out for the banking sector, which is still being debated in Congress. The House approved the measure 370-58, setting the stage for Senate approval within days.

The industry's case has been helped by the fact that Michigan and Ohio, the two states most dependent on the car industry, are key swing states in the November 4 presidential election.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
On top of the looming 700 billion bailout... more and more this crisis looks more like a ruse to give the house away before the change of administrations.

I mean think about it... when you add everything up between the macs... the buyouts and bailouts the whole thing is already over a trillion.

Do we really want to saddle this incompetence on our great grandchildren?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
you know what

only times where you hear about this much money is in 3rd world countries

the number is high, but not the value

they are treating the dollar like water

You will all see something far worse than the great depression

It's coming ppl, be ready and brace urselves

Bush doesn't want to be the worst president
he wants to be the last

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
We are sooo.... screwed.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's funny how others point the finger to "Bush" for doom saying and war mongering.. I get a chuckle when I read some posts here on ATS or on the news and see others too also like to spread fear.

Bush tells it like he knows.. just as some here post what they see and the end result is still to get a rise. Then mud slinging starts as to who instigated those feelings on the populace..

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

feelings?
Are you serious?

Bush tells it like it is?
You chuckled at my post, and here you are defending the worst president in american history, if you chuckled at my post what do I do at yours?
Throw up?

Would you clean the mess?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Ahh, again. Blame Bush. It isnt Bush's fault. Thanks the democrats 10 years ago who decided to deregulate the banks and FORCE them to offer loans to people who didnt deserve them or who couldnt afford them.

Bush inherited the mess made by democrats.

To blame him for this is like Rosie O'Donell blaming the spoon for making her fat.

new topics

top topics

join