It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice admits Bush officials held White House talks on CIA interrogations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Senior Bush administration officials held a series of meetings in the White House in 2002 and 2003 to discuss allowing the CIA to use harsh interrogation methods on Al Qaeda detainees, according to a written statement Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice recently provided to Senate investigators.

www.latimes.com...

is this saying bush told CIA ect.. to torture them for info?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

am going to admit something here that most of Americans wll agree with to themselves and close family and friends but would never reveal in public as i can (i am free of the PC enslavement so i have no trouble doing this)

Most Americans have absolutely no problem with torture of confirmed terrorist to obtain information that will stop a terrorist act that may kill innocent people.

with that said, i welcome your flaming. it doesn't bother me. i am free.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

Most Americans have absolutely no problem with torture of confirmed terrorist to obtain information that will stop a terrorist act that may kill innocent people.

This is not a flame, but could you clarify this for me? The "confirmed terrorist". Obviously I understand the dictionary definition of "confirmed" but I'm unsure in this particular context. Who confirms the person is a 'terrorist'? The alleged terrorist or the American interrogators?

No pun intended, but the notion of 'confirmed terrorist' seems a bit open to abuse particularly in regards to whether torture is a legitimate tool.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

"confirmed terrorist"=
-detained while holding an AK-47 and pointing and shooting at allied forces.
-caught in the process of building roadside bombs, placing roadside bombs, or carrying roadside bombs.
-overheard talking about upcoming terrorist acts to be comitted.
...etc

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

"confirmed terrorist"=
-detained while holding an AK-47 and pointing and shooting at allied forces.
-caught in the process of building roadside bombs, placing roadside bombs, or carrying roadside bombs.
-overheard talking about upcoming terrorist acts to be comitted.
...etc

Thanks for replying. As I said, it wasn't a flame just genuinely interested in how you defined 'confirmed'.

Off topic, but, with regard to your avatar and you're signature, I'm not really 'feeling' the last album. I know it's not a 'proper' album but, compared to the greatness of some of their other material, it really does feel like a bit of a stop-gap.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

i agree, the early stuff is what i like. i still love her though...lots

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

Senior Bush administration officials held a series of meetings in the White House in 2002 and 2003 to discuss allowing the CIA to use harsh interrogation methods on Al Qaeda detainees, according to a written statement Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice recently provided to Senate investigators.

www.latimes.com...

is this saying bush told CIA ect.. to torture them for info?

No. Unless it specifically says that Bush told the CIA to turture them for info or unless someone in the article said that's what Bush said, then you should not assume that is what this article is saying.

You should assume that the White House and the CIA met in 2002 and 2003 to discuss harsh interrogation methods on Al Qaida detainees. We don't know the rest unless someone from Rice's level or higher discloses more info.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The CIA is a foreign entity in the United States I fear , its nickname in the FUE ( fudge up everything ) cannibirou - insecta and retard is a nasty homesteader .

new topics

top topics

join