It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Plans First Spacewalk-From Secret Location

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

China Plans First Spacewalk-From Secret Location

www.usatoday.com

BEIJING — From a secretive desert town in China's northwest, the country will launch its third manned spaceflight Thursday, which will feature the nation's first spacewalk.

Chinese television will broadcast the takeoff from the Jiuquan satellite launch center in Gansu province, as well as the spacewalk, for the public to view another milestone soon after last month's Olympic Games in Beijing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
virtualreview.org
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk www.foxnews.com

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
China is jumping yet another fast-paced Space Based Milestone. What does this indicate to you in terms of who will make it back to the Moon first? Will China beat the United States? Does the U.S. need its next President to continue the push forward of Project Constellation? This should allow many in America to finally set some of their focus on the Space Policies of the current U.S. Presidential Candidates.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Well the USA certainly isn't going to make an attempt at any space exploration unless its national pride is at stake. Good on the Chinese for actually trying to push our species into space.

Fat load of good the USA have done, or looking at the way the economy is going, will ever do.

Hopefully they'll be heading for the moon, and if their is anything of interest, it wont be swept under the carpet like everything else (which I highly doubt)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Here is a photograph of the "Shenzhou 7" (Chinese Crew-Lift Vehicle) on its own Crawler Transport System, headed towards the Launch Pad:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well, if what's going on right now in this country is actually true, and we, as it's taxpayers will really be working for the rest of this century to pay back the money 'we' now owe, thanks to this financial boone-doggle/meltdown, we are being told is happening--I think, it would need to be some other country funding our next 'shoot at the moon', if the U.S. even wants to bother going back there, at least--but, maybe NASA might like to send someone back up there just to pick up all the mechanical litter the other astronauts had to leave behind when they left--gotta think 'green' you know--besides, unsightly litter is something nobody likes--

--and, when I read that the Chinese will be having their crew do a space walk--"from a secret location"--it [amusingly] reminded me of what was said about the U.S. V.P., on 9/11/01--that he was whisked away to "an undisclosed location"--in fact, that phrase became the "rear-end" of quite a few jokes, after that, too. But, why are the Chinese being so secretive as to the whereabouts of their launch site?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I am just tired of waiting. Until recently, the US has been the only major player in the race to space yet it has sat on its ample behind for far too long . We could have already put man permanently on the moon and possibly further by now.

I say any country that has the ambition and the money should go for it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
launch succeed

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well this whole thing just got more interesting:

A news story describing a successful launch of China's long-awaited space mission and including detailed dialogue between astronauts launched on the Internet Thursday, hours before the rocket had even left the ground.

The country's official news agency Xinhua posted the article on its Web site Thursday, and remained there for much of the day before it was taken down.

A staffer from the Xinhuanet.com Web site who answered the phone Thursday said the posting of the article was a "technical error" by a technician. The staffer refused to give his name as is common among Chinese officials.

Yahoo - China Space Mission Article Hits Web - Before Launch!

While I don't believe in the we-didn't-go-to-the-moon stuff, perhaps China is taking a cue from this conspiracy. Either that or it was a "technical error"...which seems unlikely given the detail of this news article, including dialogue between the astronauts and ground control. Interesting twist, nevertheless.

new topics

top topics

join