It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada introduces Whistleblower laws!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
" In the wake of the sponsorship scandal, the federal government introduced new whistleblower legislation Monday to protect public service employees who report wrongdoing in government departments and Crown corporations. "

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is good, maybe now people who where once too scared to report corruption arround them will now come forward.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wow, that sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Perhaps we should have something like that here.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Don't count on legislation like this in America. Too many special interests...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The Liberals are on damage control. There is an election coming up and they need to appear that they are doing something about this $100,000,000. I hope it works, but if this wasn't an election year it probably would have been swept under the carpet.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The Liberals are on damage control. There is an election coming up and they need to appear that they are doing something about this $100,000,000. I hope it works, but if this wasn't an election year it probably would have been swept under the carpet.

intrepid, how many elections do ya'll have up there? LOL, it seems like just yesterday that Paul Martin took office.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Martin was not elected PM. He took over after the LIb. party FINALLY got rid of Chretien.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
intrepid - what are the chances of this passing both houses or whateve Canadians have, and becoming a law?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Senate in Canada is more of a figurehead than a political entity. Once it passes parliment, it's pretty much a done deal. It goes to the senate as "a sober second thought" but that's really just a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"create a public service integrity commissioner"

Geeze,wonder what this is going to cost & how many Gov. staffers it will take to run !

Danm,that will be a high payin' postiton also,must submit my application !Like they say"If ya can't beat em,join em!"

Got the new p#'s for the office- GET-RATS
long distance-1-800-PIGEONS

Wonder what happened to 100MILL. now !

p.s. Who's going to watch this organization ??? UnFREAKIN' real !

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by ubukate]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Quote by Ubukate: Geeze,wonder what this is going to cost & how many Gov. staffers it will take to run !

Put me down for Minister in charge of the Frito's.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
- intrepid....your in,your title will be CAPTAIN FRITO,you will also get your own gov.vehicle supplied by the taxpayers of Canada !
If only people knew what is really going on ! (our case for example)

From government departments going over budget so they can get more next year to getting caught blowin' 100MILL in Ottawa.They now telling us were going to be o.k. because were starting up a new gov.department to protect the honest people that work for the government !

Is it just me or ............

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sounds like another Gun Registry. For those that aren't familiar with that, it was set up to register firearms. It was supposed to cost a few million. It's now over a billion. What a joke.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
'O' ya,the gun registry.Heard that they might be scrappin' that now.Plus word is out that they are now scrappin' the polution tests you have to pass to get your licence plate stickers."shhhush,don't tell anyone" !

Really,we could be here all day intrepid my friend !

p.s. official smoke break soon !

new topics

top topics

join