It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I tell if my house is haunted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
how can you annoy the ghost like make it weird or something.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

This one is easy:

If you live in the real world, no it's not haunted. If you choose to make up your own reality based on whatever cultural whim you find most appealing, then it might be. Or it might have undead zombies in the walls, or it might be a spatial portal for UFOs from the planet Fnork.

I'm being slightly facetious to try to make a point - there is no scientific evidence of ghosts, yet people believe in them because they were raised to believe they exist, or because they prefer to live in a world where ghosts are real, regardless of the evidence.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Here you go again, roaming around like a troll on this thread when you don't even believe this stuff. If you can't contribute something useful to the OP or anyone else on the thread then may I suggest you not say anything at all....
Insulting people is not the way to go here Dave (you've done your share on "Ghosts are not real" already).
Some believe and some do not so please leave it at that and try at least to be somewhat civil if you can.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If you have a dog or cat, I would suggest watching them, to see if they will either avoid certain areas of the house or if they will stare like at certain areas. If they do, then I suggest getting either a video camera and recording inside the room, or if you don't have a video camera just using a regular camera and taking pictures.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
"How can I tell if my house is haunted?"
Well I would think at least some Ghosts running around might kind of alert you to something strange going on rather soon.

Or perhaps they aren't running around, and are hiding from you, because they are scared of you??
In this case here's the best thing to do in my opinion.
Get some Leprechauns and Pixies, and tie them to a pole in your house.
And sprinkle some fish food around them.
And if there is Ghosts they will come to get the Pixies and you will see them.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
hello,

I myself have dealt with real hauntings before, i even had a professional ghost hunter come into my home and clarify that yes my place was haunted. I would suggest getting a professional group come into your home and do an investigation. Do not use an ouija board or hold a seance, as it can open doors to demons, and that would not be good, they are harder to get rid of then ghosts, and are very dangerous.

Anyhow, good luck, and please don't use an ouija board!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Osama Bin Laden at Area 5

What do you mean "annoy it or make it weird or something"?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i once saw a guy go into the room where he was having a disturbance, and putting a piece of paper and pen down, and saying aloud if there is a spirit in this room then write your name on this piece of paper. when the man returned to the room a bit later there was a name on the paper. I wonder if this could help you figure out if there is a spirit of some sort in your house.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
for the guy who said that there no scientific explanation for this stuff,,,
i was like you years of my life, and as i live in egypt where most people believe in this stuff, i wasn't, and i was always telling it's just bedtime stories for kid. untill i saw with my own eyes and not once, no several time. i went to a place here known to be haunted, to dare my friends and i came up with that: ghosts and spirits does exist, it's not an illusion or somthing mental, it's somthing you and your companions see and listen...

after month or two, a friend was talking about his house being haunted and it's not like there was just spirits who walks and knocks, it was about fearing him and his family with shapes, hard knocks on the wall and screaming sounds, again i told him to be sure about this before making any action, he told me that he won't wait and endanger his family more just to be more certain, he was centain enough, after that one of our friends told us that he know a priest who solves this problem, we called this priest and gave us a phone nomber of someone he recommends as he was busy this days. we phoned this man and we got an apointment and he came to the house, after a brief chat with us he start to talk to himself(or that what we guessed), then we all heared hard knocking around us and the chairs was "shaking", one and half hour later(after we ran out of blood from what we saw) he stoped talking and he said "there is nothing now, your house is yours again". my friend admit that he didn't hear or see anything strange anymore.

after that this phsicyc/medium and i became friends and he told me everything and answered evry question i was asking myself, i went with him to places and see stuff nobody could ever believe it untill he witness it with his own eyes...

don't get me wrong as i'm not judging or criticizing your words, i'm with you that in our life
we should stick with science and logic, but in this field you shouln't, because this is beyond logic, or it might belong to science in some point of view, and you can explain it with logic if you have the knowledge.

Thanks' and excuse my bad english...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'd say that you can just go around your house where most experiences occur, do some "interrogating" there, like ask the spirits questions about themselves, and if there's nothing, try to tick them of, like call them dirty-rottens and whatnot. Then, if there's still nothing, it's safe to assume that you're home does not house anything paranormal.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I grew up in a haunted house and everything alienmindflare is saying is spot on.

First of all. STAY AWAY FROM THE DAMNED OUJI BOARD!!! seriously. Nothing good comes from a ouiji board. Used one once in that haunted house I grew up in and things got worse. not the ghost was around more. more like the ghost decided to get malicious. make things disappear, strange lights that either chase after you or go right for you when you walk into the room the light is in. THe light I'm talking about is sorta like an orb but more stretched out. sorta like the water creatures from the abyss movie that infiltrate the sea base/lab or whatever. soft phosphorecent color. bluish, sometimes fuscia or dark pinkish purple. It was like the board let in some other type of ghost or really pissed off the one that was there.

second, alienmindflare's description about the house having weird cold spots where you feel creeped out and want to walk by quickly is dead on. in fact there will be a few parts of the house you will want to walk by quickly or not be around like there is something that resides there or like you have the feeling that something is going to jump out and grab you from behind.

Animals will also be weary of those same spots.

Keep an eye out for two things.
Shadows that move, or shadow beings.

they like to watch you from the corner of your room. those types appear like 5 foot tall hooded men. stand very still and usually just watch you from one of the corners of your room. the other type is usually just roughly shaped like a humanoid, or more often like nondescript almost rectangular black shadows that are about 2x3 feet. usually have no base or legs and dart around the corner of your vision. these guys don't want to be seen for some reason. THey don't seem dangerous but they do act sneaky. I think they are harmless. sometimes they will follow you from room to room. they most often though hang out in the more non used parts of the house. You usually see them by accident when you go into that usually unused part of the house without warning and they aren't expecting it.

Strange seemingly phosphorecent patches of air. usually about head high and they are just barely perceptable to the eye. but if you look carefully you will notice that too. Usually in the form of a small cloud or mist. same size as the 2x3 shadow people. the glow or whatever you will call it seems to slowly grow in intensity and then poof it's gone. but it can take it a good 15 minutes to get bright enough to be noticed.

Also, be on the look out for things disappearing. small things like trinkets left on the dinning room table. you leave it there and come back in the room 15 minutes later and it's gone. you'll tear apart the house looking for it sometimes for 2 weeks or so and then it will miraculously reappear right where you left it in the exact same way it was left lying and everything. paranormal investigators call this phenomena displacement. it's rather common and one of the more common forms of poltergeist activity.

The Portal thing is worth trying too. I think there is some sort of energy portal or focus in most haunted areas that facilitate the manifestation of the ghost's energy or attract the ghost. My old house was said by psychics to have some sort of portal. they actually called it some type of crossing ground for spirits. like a ghost psychic highway or crossroad. where spirits could come into this world from elsewhere. but for the area around it (that whole mountain ridge the house was located halfway up) not just the house it's self. the backyard of this house which was pretty large (half acre) was thought to be haunted. deer would go in the yard and owls, racoons too but strangely the coyote would stay far away. if coyote aren't going near my back yard but deer are then something is up. and it's not because there are people nearby to scare off the coyote. the deer would not be there either if that were the case. coyote felt something too I'm betting.

90% of the sounds you can disregard. Those are probably just your house. But You will hear footstep like sounds from ghosts. No real banging sounds that I've ever known about or heard though. Be on the lookout for the sounds of faint talking or humming/singing. that is more common or music that doesn't belong. like classical music or old music from an era that is looooong gone like the 1800's to 1920's.

The lights from your room that seem to be coming from outside. could be the wind. what I mean is that the wind could have blown a tree limb in front of say a neighbors yard light. you don't notice that some of the light that's shining into your room has winked out (due to the branch and the wind blocking the light) then when the branch moves back to it's normal spot ofter the wind the light re appears getting your attention. you look out the window and see nothing out of place.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Couple things, 3 people hold hands in a circle as for angels of Mercy and for God to come and take whatever is there to it's rightful place of peace. Also take oil blessed by a priest and make a sign of the cross on all windows. Recite the OUR FATHER PRAYER, say firmly JESUS JESUS JESUS...., get rid of all occult items do NOT own a qigi board....some say burn it....repent of all wrongdoings on a regular basis. Keep your attraction on good things. Be careful of the images you give to your brain via tv or movies....and lyrics as well and harmony of music....Do read the New Testament. The Psalms have healing power when reading out loud.

Julie

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have ghosts in my house, but I wouldn't say my house is haunted. We've all experienced them in one way or another. I've seen glimpses of ghostly figures, reflections in my glasses of something walking past my door. My girlfriend has felt someone sit down on the bed. As far as we can tell they are benign.

I believe ghosts are everywhere and you only see them if they want you to see them.

Strangely enough an ex-girlfriend of mine sees ghosts all the time. She has a brain aneurysm (like Eli Stone, which is one of my favourite shows
), but I dunno if that has anything to do with it.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Lannock]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Lanock's post reminds me of a buddy of mine.

His dad had died a few years before this incident. It's was a thunder storm and he was working in his bedroom on a model airplane or something. He was in his late teens and while working on the model he was counting off the time between the flash of light from the lightening and the thunder. he was getting pretty good at guessing the length of time it would take between the lightening and the thunder. it was like becoming a game to him. Then he was counting off the time between the lightening and the thunder, and right when he thought the thunder would hit he looked up and towards his window to check his accuracy. Just as he looked at the window he say his dad's reflection behind him in the doorway to his room. his dad was dressed up nice in some sort of dated outfit and smiled then winked at him. he whipped his head around to see his dad in the doorway to his room but instead only saw the cuff leg of his dad's trousers as he was turning to walk away from the doorway. he got up and ran after him. got outside his bedroom and stood in the hall there was nobody there. he later went to tell his mom the story when she got home from work. he described in detail what his dad was wearing, and it was the exact description of an outfit his dad used to wear before he was born and never wore after he was born. there was no way for him to even know what this outfit looked like. weird..

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Alienmindflare and the bassplayer gave you some good tips and I agree with them.

I used to regularly conduct seances many years ago, I do not do them now.

If I were you, I would also be trying to find out about the history of your house - who lived there before, has anyone died there, any tragic episodes
that could account for a restless soul wandering about. This would be the first place to start. Alienmindflare mentioned that her home was on an Anglo-Saxon burial ground so do you think it might be interesting to find out what was on the land before your home built ?

take care all
res

[edit on 19-1-2009 by resistancia]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join