It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I tell if my house is haunted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hi, I've been under a suspicion that my house been haunted for a while. I keep hearing taps and noises and random knocks. I sometimes see strange lights that usually shouldn't be in my room (like I'll see a light on the window of my room in the night, I'll open my blinds, and I won't see any cars which leaves me wondering)... I also heard this strange noise which kind of semi-confirmed my suspicion that there was something there that I wasn't seeing that I recorded onto a file here: www.filefactory.com... I've heard it a couple of times. I just have a feeling that there is something else here. How would I be able to know if it was haunted? I've been under the suspicion that it might but I don't really know how I would go about doing that. How would I be able to know for sure?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What is the suspicious noise in the file that we are supposed to try and identify?

The pots and pans?

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

The file was taken at night. My computer's sound was mute and my parents were asleep and it sounded like it was coming from outside of my house and it didn't sound like a car or a moving vehicle. It was a really loud noise... and I didn't see anything outside.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
If you are serious about finding out some things, I suggest purchasing some equipment. None of it is very pricey, so don't worry about that aspect.

An EMF detector is good for detecting electromagnetic radiation.
In the paranormal world, they can be used to detect "spirits"... "ghosts"..etc.. if you were to get a high reading in an area you suspect to be haunted.

They can also detect high amounts of radiation, which can sometimes make people see things that are not really there.
Pretty cheap to buy.. I suggest searching for some on google to get an idea.
en.wikipedia.org...
^The wiki for a typical EMF detector.

You can also use a recording device and attempt to get an EVP (electronic voice phenomenon.)
Audio recorders are also quite cheap, and can be very interesting.
Once again, google search EVP and you'll find some sites about how it all works.

Also, I suggest taking as many pictures around your house as you can... look for anything out of the ordinary in the pictures.
Dust and light reflections can appear to be "orbs" -- which people believe to be ghosts at times.
But you might see something unexpected.

In the end, there's no surefire way to find out if your house is haunted.
But, if things don't feel right to you and you still don't have "evidence" of the haunting, don't be discouraged. It's harder to prove than you'd imagine!

Good luck!

(Once again, google searching for equipment or ideas on how to find things out will prove to be helpful.
Wikipedia may help as well.)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Tried to edit my post, but it would not let me... so sorry about double posting, BUT

I just remembered you've already got an audio recording... so disregard that part of my post.
However, place the recorder all over your house...ask questions and expect answers.
Scrutinize the audio... edit it for easier listening.. do all you can.

ALSO... set up a video camera in suspected haunting areas. That may help your chances of catching something fishy.

Equipment that can detect thermal images is helpful, too. It makes it easy to pan around a room and notice any changes in the temperature.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
i tell you what when something yanks your butt clear across the room to the next hemisphere then your in deep doo

i listened to your audio file, maybe your not pissing the ghost off enough. there has got to be some way for it just to open a intersteller can a whoop ***. sounds cool though . try and fight with it. like if you see something just steal off on it.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Osama Bin Laden at Area 5]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

Wait so light reflections and dust are often mistaken by people to be orbs? Thanks for the clarification.

Well... aside from light or dust that I have encountered... I have heard that noise like the one that I recorded in the file a couple of times... and I've heard it a couple of times so it's not like it was just that one time and then I didn't hear it anymore... I hear it every now and then and I don't know how to explain it.

Is there any way that I could try to find out if my house was haunted without all of this equipment? Like-- to determine if there is something here or not? I don't have the expenses for that kind of equipment right now.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Sorry for my double post...

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I mentioned this on another post and maybe a quicker way in finding out than require the correct equipment.

I heard that houses have portals to allow the spirits to go through to come in your house.Get a pendulum and steadyly walk slow around your house,top to the bottom and in the corners.If the pendulum cirlces than your found a portal.

Is there any part of your house that you feel warmer or colder?
Or maybe theres a part that you feel a bit spooked and walk passed quickly.
If you have any animals do they stare into space or with dogs seem restless at times in certain areas.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Alienmindflare]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
If you are really that bothered just save up your money and buy yourself a decent digital camcorder then set it up in a place where you think you can catch of footage whatever it is

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
If you want a cheap way of finding out if the place is haunted then you could always have a sceance.

Don't bother buying a board, just write the letters of the alphabet onto a sheet of paper then cut them out, aswell as "hello" and "goodbye", also "yes" and "no" ("goodbye" VERY important).
Arrange them in a circle and there you have it...

Your very own DIY Ouija board!

Don't forget too post the results you get.

Cheers, Fox.

(BTW: I am not telling anyone how too conduct a sceance.)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
A ouija isnt for anyone that dont know what their doing,a professional meduim should always attend.

Bad s **t does happen with any kind of ouija

A seance would be better,,just to sit in a circle hand in hand and the main one do the talking.

But then seances do bring other spirits to the circle,plus spirits can play games and answer your questions just how you want them to,,,just to find out later their lieing.

So again a professional meduim would be helpful

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
A sceance is more dangerous than ouija?

I take it you mean that a medium should be in attendance on both occasions?

Just checking...

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
No Ouija is more dnagerous than seances,,any professional would say that but if anyone insists in doing Ouija then all I can say is good luck and read the instructions and follow them!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

Your stricken by what the OP has, OP can't answer all the questions either...

"I take it you mean that a medium should be in attendance on both occasions?"

Just asking again, for clarification.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Before spending money on tech items, calling in mediums, or holding seances, look for logical non-paranormal reasons for what you are seeing and hearing.

Loose boards in the house? Vermin? Insulation gone allowing air to flow into areas normally not vented? Leaky roof allowing water to flow inside?

Before you make the HUGE jump to paranormal activity, look for the most obvious, sane, and logical solutions. Odds are you will find what you are looking for that way.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yeh I would advise a meduim on both occasions,,,if there is a spirit or spirits there,they could be negative ones.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Might be as well to check what your house is on top of.
I had activity in my house that couldnt be mistaken for the 'normal' house noises.I went down to my local libruary and found out my house and my neighbors is on top of an anglo-saxon graveyard.Even if you live near one you can have things happening.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Has anyone listened too the file?

I still want too know which sounds are the paranormal ones we are supposed too be curious of.

The OP didn't answer the question asked.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

Thanks for the reply BTW

I still think that ouija is a bit safer than a sceance, when done by an amature, (without a medium).

Having spirits talk through you or the others that participate in a sceance, to me, spells possible possesion.

Ouija, when well versed/read in the subject is a much safer alternative. IMHO. even for an amature.

Cheers, Fox.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join