It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Shortages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Where I live in Atlanta, there is absolutely no gasoline.
If there is a gas station anywhere near me that has gas, it's got a line of cars waiting to be next.
Gas stations are putting limits on how much you can get too.
I'm also seeing multiple cars abandoned at the local QT mart, Walmart, side of the road and where ever.
Today I saw several people pushing their cars to the nearest turnoff, people walking down the road with gas cans in their hands etc.
I heard today, it'll be about 5 days before we get more gas.
If you look up atlanta gas in the news, you'll see how bad it is, people are even getting into fights over gas at the gas stations because of it. It scares me.
With the financial collapse of our economic system underway, I wonder if tomorrow we'll still be able to buy oil from other countries to supply our demand for it. And I wonder if the money I have in my bank will be worth anything so I can buy some gas when and if we get it.

ATLANTA -- Gas shortages and long lines continue all across Metro Atlanta. After days of this, tempers are heating up. Police officers are responding to more and more fights at the pumps.

Stations across north Georgia have had their pumps run dry, despite statements from officials saying that panic on the part of consumers is responsible for the gas crisis.

[link]http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=121591&catid=3[/link]

Help!

[edit on 25-9-2008 by 4x4fun]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Its a brave new world. I hope everyone has stocked food, water, guns and ammo. I think we are very close to the house of cards falling.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Tomorrow I will withdraw my money from the bank, and go on a shopping spree for much needed supplies. It will be interesting to see how many more cars are left abandoned on the roadways. I will update this post with my travel experiences through-out Atlanta tomorrow. If I see a store with gas, it will surely have a very long line. I'll take a picture and post it.
Wish me luck.
nite.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

4x4 girl. You are as brave as your are beautiful. I love it. Keep me posted, as I am envious of your collision course with anarchy. U2U me if you have to, because I would like a do's and don't list if you establish one.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I know we have great economic and political concerns right now and those of you living in the Southeast are even more strained because of a massive gas shortage.
We have talked about this on several threads but the shortage seems to be getting worse not better.
In Georgia there is massive frustration and a growing fear about the shortage.
People are physically and verbally fighting at the pumps, stipends are in place if you CAN actually find gas, our Governor has actually been warned to cancel the UGA game and our Governor was on the news last night saying he may have to cancel schools for a couple of days.
The local news channels are now saying this shortage will go on for at least another week if not longer.
This really makes you think about what will happen in the future if we do not find alternative energy.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
hey thx. sry i'm just responding, there is gas now at the QT down the street, it's only 1 kind but it's been there for a couple days now. It was scary stuff. Two weeks? My Governor dropped the ball on this one, he'll be hard pressed to get my vote now.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Call me thick . . . daft . . . screwy . . . . whatever, but we can ship auto parts via truck from Alabama to Michigan on a just in time basis to keep an assembly line running, but we can't truck tankers of gasoline from Texas to Georgia in similar fashion . . .

What the HELL?

I'm confused.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
Call me thick . . . daft . . . screwy . . . . whatever, but we can ship auto parts via truck from Alabama to Michigan on a just in time basis to keep an assembly line running, but we can't truck tankers of gasoline from Texas to Georgia in similar fashion . . .

What the HELL?

I'm confused.

You are assuming TPTB WANT gas to be delivered to Atlanta.

Think of it this way... suppose you had a product, and you shipped it, and it all sold out within several hours. Wouldn't you ship (for example) double next time? And if it all sold out, then wouldn't you ship 4x the amount the time after that?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have seen some pumps with plastic bags in NC, but that was also durring an ice storm. As long as food is on the shelf, i think you will be fine and I bet by morning there will be more gas. There are too many Important Facilities dependent on Atlanta's thriving nature for our friends in Washington to turn a blind eye.

this btw, is still the ATL anthem

Outkast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

[edit on 26-1-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this.

We forget how when it is not hitting us directly - how close it really is.
I have been planning as well as one can for an unknown future -
and realizing how living in these times makes it imperative that I embrace the present.

Keep us posted.
And buy lots of good survival items tomorrow.

top topics

join