It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Police Accused of Beating African American Diabetic into Coma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Michigan Police Accused of Beating African American Diabetic into Coma

www.democracynow.org

the wife of a comatose diabetic has filed a federal suit against local police for the beating of her husband. Fifty-nine-year-old Ernest Griglen, an African American, has been in a coma since June. Griglen’s wife, Pamela Griglen, says her husband fell into a coma shortly after he was badly beaten by police. According to the suit, police mistook a hypoglycemic episode by Griglen as a sign of drunkenness. A breathalyzer test confirmed he wasn’t intoxicated, and police later found his insulin pump. Police say they have no dashboard footage of Griglen’s arrest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.democracynow.org

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
To take for granted that every action by a Citizen is a potential threat, or the training to respond as if this is so, does not condone a beating, let alone a severe, life-threatening beating. I guess the IQ cap for accepting applications for law enforcement reflects this criminal behavior. The other thing that seems to consolidate the "good ol' boy network" type operation, is the, especially in todays day and age of technology and requirements, lack of any recordings of the event, Video, Audio, sign language or other.

I say throw the book at the whole lot and clean house.

www.democracynow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Great. Gives me another reason to dislike the police...

However, I'm not sure if I like how they have to clearly mention that the man was black.
Or, African American.
Why can we not have news without listing someone's race?

It's one thing if the news is about race itself.. or a crime that happened as a result of it, but... egh. I don't know.
I just find it odd. How are humans ever going to believe we're equal with one another if we have to use such descriptions when it's unnecessary?

new topics

join