It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send every citizen $7,000 - Trickle up economics bail-out plan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

My caveat was more meant to be a satirical in nature but that's ok..

Sorry, I didn't 'get' that!

I wasn't being completely serious.. Only partially..

Good humour is always partially serious.

The whole reason the dollar is constantly being devalued is because the
central bank can print new money for the goverment at like 2 cents on the
dollar.

As you know, both your and my explanations are simplified in the extreme. Of course there are many variables, for example, if much of the currency is held rather than traded, the currency can actually be traded at a higher value than it would otherwise be. This is what has kept the dollar sinking so slow when it should have been sinking fast.

It has always been an "easy way out". Back when the dollar was first being printed it was valued at orders of magnitude over what it is today.. We have printing money out of thin-air as a primary cause of the devaluation of the dollar over time. If things don't change, the devaluation will continue. It is yet another economic problem that NOONE wants to address.

well, it's not an easy problem to solve. You have the right who wants to cut the US governments subsidy programmes, but desperately keep the giant military outlays in order to support a crumbling empire, and the left want to cut military spending, ditch the empire and create even more subsidy programmes. All the while either side will fund this by borrowing more money, when they should cut all expenses or be slaves of china.

As it is, if china divests, every one will follow and the average american will get to know hunger and how the grover nordquist utopia will really feel like. During that, you will see the US lashing out. When people who have never known hunger starts to go hungry, they won't care about where the US get's it, they just want the food.

>I'm honestly glad the 700B bail-out plan was shot down.

The bailout plan was a gimmick. There isn't really a need for it, as it is more about keeping the investmentbankers afloat than keeping the homeowners afloat.

If they absolutely must spend money on a bailout, they should let the investmentbanks go bankrupt, transfer the assets to a government owned entity and offer the homeowners better loans or take over the house and let the residents rent.

That would have a much greater positive effect on the economy and cushion the economy for a softer landing. But, it doesn't deal with the deficits and money printing going on.

Someone needs to sit down with the american people, hold their hand and say this: 'The US is in dire straits, we are borrowing money to wage war, we are borrowing money to pay wages, we are making more and more people into recipients of government subsidies, and it can not be sustained. The tax cuts and rebate cheques that you receive is just borrowed money. The situation is unsustainable and we need to cut spending and we need to raise taxes. If not, then you will get to know hunger, massive unemployment and armed insurection very soon.'

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yeah but the idea was to stimulate the US economy, right? Aside from what was in your post, I'm thinking beer would be the only other item made IN the USA!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I have met few people who got every penny back from local and state, and not a soul gets reimbursed for Medicare and Social Security Taxes...

Why do people not call those two items taxes? Always mystifies me.. you calculate % of income taxed by Income, SS and Med should be included in the %.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They don't call them taxes because it is our retirement ( ahem..:@@

plan....Several souls have received money and benefits from SS and Medicare; some because they paid into them and reached retirement age others because they are on disability.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
GUESS WHAT !!!

Saudi Arabia is practicing trickle-up economics.

Source

Saudi Arabia, anxious to tamp down any such unrest there over the economic turmoil, said Sunday it would make $2.7 billion available in low-interest loans to help ordinary citizens.

wow

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Trickle down my &ss!

Take a bucket full of wealth and walk it down the hill and pour it on those that are dieing of thirst!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join