It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send every citizen $7,000 - Trickle up economics bail-out plan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I am SICK to death of people saying Yada yada yada 'WITHIN THEIR MEANS. STOP IT!

SO MUCH has CHANGED since the mid to late 90's when we were tricked into these types of loans which at that time was well within reality. Not everyone who got married, did well and purchased a home was a freeloading freak.
We were living the American Dream, we were economically in the black, jobs were at an all time high, building was BOOMING and the the cost of materials goods and sevices were within reach of anyone who was willing to work for what they wanted and they needed. Hell we were even able to save a bit (thank God). Since Bush took his office EVERYTHING changed. people were demeaned, they lost their jobs, jobs were outsourced, war started, military were lied to conned to become cannon fodder and the only ones who have faired well are the same ones who have helped create a living hell for families across this once fantastic and prosperous Nation. I will stop here and I hope you do too.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
Do we have your permission to cut and paste and send?

Please do

Here's how you contact your representative to stop this bail-out!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-9-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
All I would ask for is EVERY RED CENT They have ever taken from me .In every single way imaginable (taxes on taxes on taxes) ...WiTH INTEREST .
Since I do not approve of how my money has been or is being spent ..
I could retire,pay my own medical ,not have to ask for food stamps when I retire,could afford a hospice instead of a nursing home ..etc etc ......

I think that would equal more than your figure .

Great post though ... ..I starred a couple people on this post.
Especially the one who said WE ARE ALL TAXED to death whether we work or dont .
I mean think about it ...
Where do you think they got all the money they have been dolling out for years now ?

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
WE ARE ALL TAXED to death whether we work or dont .
I mean think about it ...
Where do you think they got all the money they have been dolling out for years now ?

They just kept creating more and more taxes on every level. (Federal, State, County and City taxes)

Only 100 million people pay Federal taxes but everyone pays taxes in other ways. We are all being taxed to death by the amalgamated mess of taxing agencies that have been created.

I borrewed this list of taxes from a post by godservant.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines
(indirect taxes)
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax
(FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax
(42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax Interest expense
(tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges
(tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties
(tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes
(Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax
(SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and
local surcharge taxes
Telephone mi nimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines
(indirect taxation)
Trailer Registration Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

List of taxes that didn't exist a century ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Holy smokes ..seeing them all together really upsets me ...
Sheeshh ....
Ok they are all FIRED ....

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
That said, trickle up economics don't work. Case in point, the pathetic stimulus package that went out to anyone who made less than $75,000 ($150,000 for married folks).

They didn't send enough money the first time to make a big difference for most people. I know I put mine to good use and I'm sure more than a few others did as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
One way would be to have people apply for federal loans to pay off past and current mortgages. All I need is 15,000 and Im done, then I can start paying off the dumb credit which has fed my family for the past year.

There could be a cap, I mean how many payments before you loose your home? If we could apply for say up to 20,000 per house hold, it would help.

Emergency federally backed debt consolidation loans for citizens would be another option.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
To think that in my alone country to spend(pass) this!!!
Look I who IS NOT TRUE....
That percentage of tax you pay???
To be able to answer...
Thank you..

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Since Bush took his office EVERYTHING changed. people were demeaned, they lost their jobs, jobs were outsourced, war started, military were lied to conned to become cannon fodder and the only ones who have faired well are the same ones who have helped create a living hell for families across this once fantastic and prosperous Nation. I will stop here and I hope you do too.

When bush took office, and the tech market collapsed, I was also one of those people who lost their job and could not find one. Not only that, but in order to keep the number of unemployed hidden, the administration fought all unemployment benefits and denied all extensions. Even though I had paid for this help myself over the years by paying unemployment it was denied to me the one time I needed it, and no one bailed me out! I had to bail myself out of that situation. Part of the reason I was able to do that is because I had lived within my means, and not compiled an ocean of debt that I had to pay off. This is the reason why I get tired of everyone else expecting to be bailed out for their mistakes or problems.

I am a single guy, who gets no tax breaks of any kind, and uses pretty much no public services (other then roads), and I tire of having to pay more taxes for everyone else’s services while they get all the breaks and assistance. No offence, but walk a mile in my shoes and tell me that you think its fair.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I just sent my representative a very angry E-mail (keeping it polite) .. basically telling him .. vote for this and I vote for your opponent.. so whats it going to be, appease the party and loose your job, or keep your job and represent the damn people who elected you...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Just a "middle of the road" thought on this whole economic situation we're in right now.

I'm not sure if the $700Billion Bail-out will actually do any good...but what does it hurt? If we don't do it, we're still headed for a nasty depression. Why not give it a shot and see what happens? I think in the long run, most people would probably pay $2500 and have it work out for the best rather than pay nothing and watch as your house, your job, and your well-being are stripped away from you.

Wall Street and the Gov. may have pushed the ball a bit, but the greed of the american people is what created that ball.

Not everyone is to blame. But I'd rather sacrifice 2 paychecks and pay these extra taxes than sit and wait for the inevitable.

By the way...I did enjoy the letter.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
just burn your home and car and all your bills and walk away. Thats the only sensible answer. They want to take everything from you so abandon everything and give them nothing. Quit your job. Stop funding the machine. The machine can only keep cranking if you fuel it. So lets run this monster dry.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

Oh boy, I just sent it to my representative. We all should do it.

I belong to other several websites and I would be posting this. If anything good happens, like positive response, I will make sure that the OP here gets all the credit for his imagination.

Aaaahh... myspace...here I come...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
you know in essence for this to work it would mean that the government would get their money from the same source that they're getting it from for the bail-out, the american tax-payers, so if you think about it even if you did get $7,000 it would just be your money that you spent on taxes being refunded to you except for in a lump sum, so basically it wouldn't make any sense to do this ... think about it.

P.S. no offense or anything it was a good idea ... just not much thought as to how the government was going to get the money

[edit on 25-9-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AHostileMe

Excuse me,but we all pay taxes! We are a taxed to death nation.I pay taxes every year for just about everything I own since I purchased it and it dosent' matter how long I have owned it.I also have to remember when I accquired it and when I dissposed of it in my state.Some people are not required to pay federal taxes but will have to under this bail out for all the crooks;some will have to give up their homes for this!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious

Well theres 305+ million population US total if you went by that number it would be over 2 trilon dollars to send that out.

What might be better is give homeowners the money they need to pay off their houses which would pull them out of debt plus place the money back into the hands of the agencies that are falling and causing this whole mess therefor remedy'ing it this time.

LOL!!! If the government is going to justify giving money to tax-payers as a bail-out because they're tax-payers, then what would happen to tax-payers without a home that needs to be paid off? Why would some tax-payers get the money while others do not? Also, why would some tax-payers get more money than others? How would THAT be justified? I like your mode of thining but some of it didn't make sense..

-ChriS

[edit on 26-9-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
you know in essence for this to work it would mean that the government would get their money from the same source that they're getting it from for the bail-out, the american tax-payers,

... just not much thought as to how the government was going to get the money

Yes the money for the taxpayers would come from the taxpayers. Ironic isn't it.

The whole economy is based on belief and trust. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

That was excellent! Makes much more sense and sounds more effective than what the they are proposing!
Thank for putting a smile on my face.
Star for you!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The $700B is a low-ball figure;if they pass this bill without any overseer you will be on the hook for at least $5 Trillion. MorganChase alone has bad derivitives of at least $90 Trillion with only 100 million in assets.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I want the gov to send me some money too.

The companies that made the bad decisions to give loans to people that couldn't pay them off should be allowed to fail.

The people that didn't pay their loans shouldn't get bailed out either. Why would that be fair for those that paid their mortgages off and on time.

If any money is being sent, it should be sent to all the lower to middle-class tax-payers. That could allow those people to get out of debt and put the money right back into the companies that need it.

That would work.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join