It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Letterman Reacts to John McCain Suspending Campaign

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Here in New Zealand, when Letterman airs, it a couple of days old, so I'm at this moment watching the one after the one in the youtube clip.

He is stll steaming over being jerked around by McCain.

He said that he was angry that McCain said on the phone that he was leaving to DC to save the economy, but he didn't leave to the next morning. The episode's humor was largely based on this shocker.

Jokingly, he said that he felt cheap and used etc.

When he was speaking to McCain on the phone, John said that he had to go for america and Dave said go, do what you gatta do. But the fact that he didn't actually leave and he didn't even get his running mate to stand in (the very purpose of the running mate).

This electoral rat race is a joke.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ok, McCain has a chance to go on TV before flying back to DC.
Does go on a comedy show to crack some off the cuff jokes during a time the country is in shambles, or does he go on a news worthy program to discuss the fate of the economy?
Typical liberal trap, damned if you do/don't.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Does go on a comedy show to crack some off the cuff jokes during a time the country is in shambles, or does he go on a news worthy program to discuss the fate of the economy?

right, but the point is he lied about it. his integrity is in question as a result.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cozmic V

And Obama has lied about Selma, to the entire world. His integrity is in question.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Hmm...

I wonder who has higher ratings, Letterman or Couric?

Typical liberal trap? How so? McCain is the one who put himself in that position. How exactly is that a trap?

McCain is the person that decided to 'suspend' his campaign. He is the person who decided to lie to Letterman, and go on Couric. He is also the person who went back to Washington, and then didn't participate in any meaningful way in regard to the bailout bill.

"Liberal Trap", I Love it....
Maybe you should have gone on Letterman.
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Liberal trap? Let mee 'splain.

If he had gone on Letterman and shot the breeze with Dave, laughing it up and telling jokes and all, the Libs would be saying, "How could he be laughing at a time like this?"
Damned if you do/don't

Comedy is a form of entertainment which should not even be in the same league as news, but yet it is.
Comedy is not to be taken too seriously so who cares if he lied to a comedian?
Get your priorities straight.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Comedy is not to be taken too seriously so who cares if he lied to a comedian?
Get your priorities straight.

By your thinking. that means McCain just lied to the lowest common denominator. So he theoretically lied to someone who 'doesn't matter'. about something that 'doesn't matter'.

What will he be like on something that does matter?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I guess we'll have to cross that bridge and evaluate the options at hand at that time once we get there.
It's all about making the decision you feel is most right at any given time.

Pardon the cliche but you can please some of the people some of the time...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I still fail to see how it is a 'Liberal Trap'. John McCain put himself into that position. No Liberal trapped him between a rock and a hard place, he did it himself. He lied to Letterman. He made the big deal about suspending his campaign. No one said that he had to go on Letterman and tell jokes. Jerry Seinfeld didn't tell any jokes on Letterman when he was on there after Kramer used the N-Word...

He could have told Letterman the truth, instead of lying, telling him he was rushing back to Washington and instead give an interview in the same city, to the same network Letterman is on...

There is no Liberal trap here. McCain mishandled just about every step in regard to the crisis. First claiming that the 'fundamentals of the economy are strong' to then claiming that the fundamentals of the economy are 'the American people, and their hard work'.
Come on, anyone who knows one sliver of knowledge about the economy, knows that economists are not referring to the 'hard work and innovation of the American people', they are talking about stock values, business performance projections, evaluations of credit risks... McCain didn't know what he was talking about, and he still doesn't.

The only trap here is the one McCain set for himself...
DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Oy vey, old news now, I used "trap" for lack of a better word but from the standpoint that regardless of how McCain would have or should have reacted, the libs would have slammed him for something else.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Oy vey, old news now, I used "trap" for lack of a better word but from the standpoint that regardless of how McCain would have or should have reacted, the libs would have slammed him for something else.

Oy vey iz mir, vey iz mir. Who are you to say this is old news? Letterman certainly hasn't. He had Brian Williams on Friday and they ripped the McCain Campaign on so many levels. McCain will not be invited to Letterman for some time, if ever again.

Yeah, regardless of how McCain would have reacted after he LIED wouldn't have mattered to Letterman. If he had been straight up with Letterman from the beginning, there would be no need for Letterman, or the 'libs' to slam him on, besides his lack of leadership for his reaction to the crisis. You know, that 'something else' you refer to regarding the 'trap' that McCain set for himself.

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Brian Williams?
Isn't that the guy from NBC?
Why is a guy from NBC ripping McCain?
Oh, I forgot, the MSM is in the tank for Obama.

I had no idea Dave was such a whiner.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I thought i would just follow this thread up. John McCain just went on the Letterman show and of course is confronted by Letterman over the events of the previous non-meeting.

In watching this i first thought that McCain was handling it well... watching the whole way through i feel going on Letterman was a mistake. I thought Letterman ate him alive.

I love the Obama attack from McCain "You gota take a man on his word", then you almost see the realisation of; 'uh oh i left myself open on this one' regarding his previous lies to Letterman. Lucky Letterman didn't pick that up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join