It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's how you contact your representative to stop this bail-out!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm passing along this information so that you can contact your representatives and let them know not to pass this bail-out! It is YOU and your children that will be paying for this for years to come, not only in taxes, but in food, shelter, clothing, this is INFLATION!!!

To contact your Congressional Representative: (go here and put your address and it will provide you with his/her name and how to contact them.)

forms.house.gov...

This is to contact your Senator, if need be:

www.senate.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

I already did this. I contacted them before the speech tonight and then i contacted them again after the speech to let them know that it didn't change my mind!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

Great keep up the good work!!!

Here's an update on the dent we are making on sinking this theft by the FED and Wallstreet!!

We need to keep making our voices heard!

WASHINGTON — Americans’ anger is in full bloom, jumping off the screen in capital letters and exclamation points, in the e-mail in-boxes of elected representatives in the nation’s capital.

“I am hoping Congress can find the backbone to stand on their feet and not their knees before BIG BUSINESS,” one correspondent wrote to Representative Jim McDermott of Washington. “I’d rather leave a better world to my children — NOT A BANKRUPT NATION.

Whew! Pardon my shouting,” wrote another. Mr. McDermott is a liberal Democrat, but his e-mail messages look a lot like the ones that Representative Candice S. Miller, a conservative Republican from Michigan, is receiving. “NO BAILOUT, I am a registered republican,” one constituent wrote. “I will vote and campaign hard against you if we have to subsidize the very people that have sold out MY COUNTRY.” The backlash, in phone calls as well as e-mail messages, is putting lawmakers in a quandary as they weigh what many regard as the most consequential decision of their careers: whether to agree to President Bush’s request to spend an estimated $700 billion in taxpayer money to rescue the financial services system.

Source:www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm bumping this thread up, TOMORROW is the BIG DAY!!!

MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD, CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TODAY LEAVE A VOICE MESSAGE, THEN TOMORROW EARLY IN THE MORNING LEAVE A MESSAGE SAYING THAT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET HOW THEY VOTED FOR THIS BAIL-OUT!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thanks for this. I contacted my reps this morning. This bailout plan is wrong on so many levels it literally makes me feel ill. I will be so disappointed (yet again) in Washington if they let this plan happen.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Another site.....

votenobailout.org

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Okay, today is the day. They are debating this sucker. Time to make that CALL, and let them know!!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
No one is happy to be put in the position we're in, but what do you think is going to happen if they don't do something? And quickly? Do you think that there is no threat? Would you rather see it all come crashing down? Do you think we will be better off? Really?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

In the long run we will be better of if this does not pass Jadette. Short term who the hell knows. It's going to be bad either way. I'd rather it come falling down before our next election so that we don't have to wait two years to get wholesale change within our elected bodies.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Jadette,

It's coming down regardless, foreclosure rates will continue to increase, inflation is on the rise, unemployment is on the rise, production is decreasing...we are in a serious recession. This Bail-Out is primarily for the bankers, and international investors, that have bought these MBS.

The U.S. wants and needs to save face in order to continue to borrow oversees, in order to subsidize our consumption. We have been a nation of borrowers with no savings to then purchase goods and services. The FED, wants to maintain this FALSE house of cards. No longer can we borrow to maintain our welfare warfare state.

It was a matter of time that this type of system would eventually come down. This does not mean it is the end of the U.S., what it does mean is that we will hence forth consume less, and save more. This is a good thing, these are the roots to REAL growth and more jobs.

This recession will be painful but it is necessary, that we liquidate all of these bad investments. Liquidate in terms of the MARKET sets the price. Currently the FED and Congress want to pass on these losses to us, instead of those that made the poor decision of investing into these risky assets.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The package cleared a key procedural hurdle on the House floor Monday morning with a 220-198 vote to move it to three hours of general debate and a final vote, likely by midday or early afternoon.

Source

We need more pressure, only 22 votes made the difference

[edit on 29-9-2008 by redhatty]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad it didn't pass. But it looks like I'm going to be voting against my Rep. anyway. The bastard (Rogers AL 3rd) voted for it so looks like I'll be educating myself about his opponent a little better. Time to follow through on my threat to actively oppose him if he voted for it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You can check here for your House Reps and how they voted

The Vote Roll

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It failed but keep calling.

As KD says "forward fire!"

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The link at the top for me to find out which rep I have does not work for me, and how do you tell which way they voted?

Nevermind....thanks. Was posted as I was thinking of what to type.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Taledus]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

BILL TITLE: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide earnings assistance and tax relief to members of the uniformed services, volunteer firefighters, and Peace Corps volunteers, and for other purposes

I think you posted the wrong results...I am not sure though. Was this the bill that just got denied?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
You can check here for your House Reps and how they voted

The Vote Roll

Thank you for this link.

Bellow is the link for the "discussion draft" of the legislation.

See if your congressman should be praised or pilloried.

extras.mnginteractive.com...

After finding out if your Congressman "Ayes" this bill, be sure to then contact him or her and give him a piece of your mind!!!

We have to be ready folks, they've gone back to the drawing board, but this "SUCKER" will soon be back, we have to be one step-ahead of them.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Haha... when trying to contact my representative... this happens.

Messaging Service Unavailable The House of Representatives is currently experiencing an extraordinarily high amount of email traffic. The Write Your Representative function is therefore intermittantly available. While we realize communicating to your Members of Congress is critical, we suggest attempting to do so at a later time, when demand is not so high. System engineers are working to resolve this issue and we appreciate your patience.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Okay, it's that time again....they are trying to pass this thing with EVEN MORE OF YOUR MONEY....

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE RIGHT NOW!!!! AND TELL THEM TO VOTE NO!!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I just made the call again, and I actually talked to a living person, who sounded quite nice. She listen to what I had to say, and said she will pass on the message to my congressman. No harm, no foul, but again I feel better to know that at least I voiced my concern. If you sit there and this bill gets passed YOU sitting there doing nothing reading these words will be as complicit in the VOTE for this bill, as the congressman who directly voted for it.

Do the right thing and make that call...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join