It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Refuses To Attend Debate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Anyways, back from a bit of down time.

So a Goldman Sachs... wait, Goldman Sachs isn't being bought is it? Only Lehman Brothers, Freddie and Fannie, so forth. So a Goldman Sachs guy means what? He's not getting 700billion dollars, McCain is for his Lobbyists and their bosses.

Much like Dick got Halliburton all that money for Iraq, another waste of money and worse human lives.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wise Dome

I see it different though I understand where you are coming from. One of these will be our next President and are already getting some briefing about different issues that affect our country. This is no different. They both need to fully understand how this will effect either administration. This could be the difference between a successful administration and a disastrous one. I do believe both need to quit playing to the cameras and reporters and do what they got to do. Bush is a lame duck and probably no longer care how it will affect the next administration. One of those it isn't my problem anymore attitude. If I were the candidates I would try to get involved as much as possible to prepare for whatever is coming.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GordonJQ

I will agree with you on one thing, this and a whole lot of other things government do is a big waste of money. But what can we do to stop it. Just like the real ID law Congress passed. Guess how many companies will prosper from that. Just goes to show how politicians period take care of the big guys at the little guys expense.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

"
I'm sorry.

You must be confused. It's Obamas advisers who are the former managers of Fannie May and Freddi Mac, not McCain's. McCain had an advisor who took some money from them, but Obama's advisers were actually running them. "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might you be mistaken ?

Rick Davis,Senator John McCains campaign manager,
was paid more than $30,000 dollars a month for five years
as president of an advocacy group set up by the morgage
giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GordonJQ

Goldman Sachs is holding Toxic asset also and they would benefit from a government bailout Because they could then dump these assets on the taxpayers. If Goldman Sachs wasn't in trouble then why did Warren Buffet just give them $5Billion dollars yesterday? and called it an investment. Its because he knows if Goldman Sachs fails it will start a domino effect that NO BAILOUT WILL STOP

The point is guys it doesn't matter who had the majority, who was the president. Yes Clinton could have Vetoed this trash and forced congress to come up with the votes to override his veto. But he didn't now we are stuck with this bill that took away oversight and accountability the VERY same thing that would have prevented this mess.

Both Candidates have people on their campaign that will benefit greatly by this bailout.

Obama is just mad because McCain is playing the politics game better than he is. By saying he's was rushing back to Washington and not wanting to do a debate that can be rescheduled for a later date So the Country can focus on what is important right here right now INstead of his or Obama's Ambition to be president makes him look like he cares and makes Obama look like a shill that only cares about himself!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am looking at the same pages you're looking at, what do you think I am looking at, I gave the links to what I am looking at.

The Senate passed with Republican's voting for it completely and Democrats against it. I can't find any record of the House vote and the break down of Democrats and Republicans voting for it, though I found a list that gives the names and Pelosi wasn't present or didn't vote.

Doesn't change the fact that both these bills came about from a Republican majority in the Congress and put on Clinton's desk by Republicans, and now Republicans are trying to bring both parties together so it doesn't look as bad for them during this election.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Funny that these forums were all about nitpicking Obama and his associates, now that there's actual dirt for McCain when it comes to his own economic adviser backing both these Republican bills and even designing one of them suddenly we should all play fair and we shouldn't be looking into these things.

It's priceless.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

What deal have they agreed on ?
Where did you get that info. ?

I just watched a live news report, at 7:10 pm on 09/25/2008, that stated
they were close but no cigar yet. (a time traveler perhaps?)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
reply to post by damwel

What deal have they agreed on ?
Where did you get that info. ?

I just watched a live news report, at 7:10 pm on 09/25/2008, that stated
they were close but no cigar yet. (a time traveler perhaps?)

He's referring to the fact that they had the bill nearly wrapped up and completed and ready to send around IE without McCain/Obama help. The Republicans in the House are complaining about it though, and I am sure this is where McCain is probably going to swoop in and get them to vote for it so he can look like a savior. But then he'd have to go to the debate and god forbid if he does two things at once.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by davion]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Any one remember the S&L Scandal ?
John McCain was one the S&L Five.

That one only cost the tax payers 2.6 Billion dollars

Maybe he just wanted to make sure his butt was covered, ahead of time, this time around

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Any one remember the S&L Scandal ?
John McCain was one the S&L Five.

That one only cost the tax payers 2.6 Billion dollars

Maybe he just wanted to make sure his butt was covered, ahead of time, this time around

Well I'd say he's got some questions to answer since the economic adviser he has picked that is talking to him about the economy is the guy that created and co-sponsored two bills that helped get us into this mess. So I wouldn't say his butt is covered much.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
But for him not to go back to Washington to do the job he swore under oath he would carry out is a little bit too far.
[edit on 25-9-2008 by jam321]

Yea, this McCain fella is all about doing his job. Whats that I hear? McCain has missed more votes than any other US senator?

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

They can spout lies like this and twist it to fit "their" needs just like all the other rubbish.

Sarah Palin's baby isnt hers, its her daughters she is just raising it...
Todd Palin is having incestuous affairs with his daughters.....
Senator Mccain isnt a war hero, he just dropped bombs on small villages..

When you go to a shady used car salesman he has to sell the product by lying and slick talk.
When you have a good product it sells itself. You dont have to decieve people to make the sell.

OBAMA is nothing but a bad product that needs to be talked up to sell.

REMEMBER, Once apon a time long ago a guy named Fidel Castro promised "change" for his country, well they got it.

I have no doubt if elected Obama will offer us the same change.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The madness stops

New threads in the Campaign 2008 forum must be based on published candidate platform items, either officially, or from recent interviews.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join